Rumor: 2014/2015 Season Trade Rumours and Proposals IX - Three Weeks Til Tradedown

Status
Not open for further replies.

great1

Nov 13, 2009
Fergus, Ontario
Anderson was able to hold his full stick on the ice yesterday, I assume that means he will be back soon. Hammond has played well so we might as well reward him and let him backup Anderson until Lehner is back.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Anderson was able to hold his full stick on the ice yesterday, I assume that means he will be back soon. Hammond has played well so we might as well reward him and let him backup Anderson until Lehner is back.

I am wondering if they will give Hammond the start against the Ducks even if Anderson is ready to go.

I think he deserves another start too be honest.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I am wondering if they will give Hammond the start against the Ducks even if Anderson is ready to go.

I think he deserves another start too be honest.

With all due respect to Hammond, I think you gotta put Andy in if he's 100%

Similar to Brodeur playing lights out then we put Elliot in when he was healthy again and he went on an 8 game winning streak continuing Brodeur's terrific run.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
I'll tell you we need an 8 game winning streak.

Wouldn't it be the ultimate troll if we actually squeaked into the last wildcard spot, and beat the Habs in the first round? That city would go ballistic after all the success they've had this year.

Giving up a top 10 pick would definitely be worth it for that.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Wouldn't it be the ultimate troll if we actually squeaked into the last wildcard spot, and beat the Habs in the first round? That city would go ballistic after all the success they've had this year.

If that happened, I would give up my rule of no gloating and laugh in the face of all my Habs friends!

I also would not care what happens after that, it would bring me more than enough joy.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013

Man, I told myself I will give up trashtalking/chirping habs/leaf fans if this team finds a way into the playoffs, but I don't know if I could hold those vows if that was the case.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011

It would be amazing :)

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
There are only two scenarios better than making a run for the playoffs and crushing Montreal in the playoffs

Winning the Cup
Getting McEichel

Oh how sweet it would be to once again humiliate Montreal

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa

would be worth giving up McDavid

2XPRO31

Jul 13, 2007
No it wouldn't be the ultimate troll, because I want a Cup, not just beating whoever we hate more at the time Leafs/Habs in the first round, then exiting.

Winning the first round of the playoffs would certainly help get closer to a cup

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
No it wouldn't be the ultimate troll, because I want a Cup, not just beating whoever we hate more at the time Leafs/Habs in the first round, then exiting.

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't cup winning teams typically teams that made the playoffs first?

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012

Winning the cup does not equal trolling.. that's just straight up success my friend.

Edit:

Oh so now we are playing the "if we go on a run and make the playoffs, we can beat MTL and we could win it all" game...

I'll take my leave.

Well first you want the cup instead of just trolling MTL, then when told we'd have to go through Montreal to potentially get the cup you get edgy.. :dunno:

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
Oops I forgot I have to fully flesh out every aspect of my position around here, lest I be battered senseless.

IMO our team is worse now than when we last beat MTL in playoffs, so the first round would be the only round we could possibly win.

I'd also rather not go on a run to the playoffs, as our team would play our way out of a decent draft pick, Murray would probably try some deadline buyer garbage, and we all ride the "maybe we are closer then we thought/no we arent/maybe just maybe.." rollercoaster for another offseason.

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
Oops I forgot I have to fully flesh out every aspect of my position around here, lest I be battered senseless.

IMO our team is worse now than when we last beat MTL in playoffs, so the first round would be the only round we could possibly win.

I'd also rather not go on a run to the playoffs, as our team would play our way out of a decent draft pick, Murray would probably try some deadline buyer garbage, and we all ride the "maybe we are closer then we thought/no we arent/maybe just maybe.." rollercoaster for another offseason.

lol @ not wanting to go on a run in the playoffs because you want a high draft pick.

talk about loser mentality.

:help:

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
lol @ not wanting to go on a run in the playoffs because you want a high draft pick.

talk about loser mentality.

:help:

I think it's simply the mentality of why try to eek in if you know you'll just get ousted and waste a chance at a high pick, which is an understandable point of view given the circumstances.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I think it's simply the mentality of why try to eek in if you know you'll just get ousted and waste a chance at a high pick, which is an understandable point of view given the circumstances.

Okay. So why should the Panthers even bother to try to make the playoffs? Why should the Flyers even bother trying to make the playoffs? What about all the teams on the outside looking in in the western conference? Should they even bother just because they might get ousted in the 1st round?

It is a bad mentality to take. Playoff experience > no playoff experience.

Last edited:

Sens Mile

Sep 1, 2008
Well, if the Sens want a free goalie (as far as assets are concerned) assuming Lehner is out for a while longer, and assuming they want to send Driedger back to the minors, then today might be their best opportunity:

Not saying we will or won't claim Bryz, but it's a possibility, assuming Lehner is out longer than we originally thought. Does anyone have a clear-ish timeline on Lehner?

I'd be game

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012

Ya why try to make the playoffs and enjoy the game when you can try to suck to get more draft picks?

Okay. So why should the Panthers even bother to try to make the playoffs? Why should the Flyers even bother trying to make the playoffs? What about all the teams on the outside looking in in the western conference? Should they even bother just because they might get ousted in the 1st round?

It is a bad mentality to take. Playoff experience > no playoff experience.

agreed.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa

So you lament the fact that the team (in your opinion) is bad and lament the idea of the team having success because you want it to continue to be bad. It's hard to appreciate your opinion when you're talking out of both sides of your mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad