Rumor: 2014/2015 Season Trade Rumours and Proposals IX - Three Weeks Til Tradedown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
It's crazy how much hype a 4th liner gets here. Ya he's good in his role but geez...

Fwiw Murray most likely disagrees with you dudes.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Also Bonk ya his name is Derek Grant. There's also a ton of other guys we have that are good on the PK like JGP for example.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Fwiw Murray most likely disagrees with you dudes.

Oh, well, I'm glad you cleared that up for us.

What, is Bryan in your Thursday night poker game, or something? This week, ask him what his thoughts on the new draft format are - I'm curious to know if he supports next year's change to drafting the top 3 picks, or if he was against it.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Also Bonk ya his name is Derek Grant. There's also a ton of other guys we have that are good on the PK like JGP for example.

This is where you show us how you overrate prospects.

Guys like Grant and Robinson have proven nothing in the NHL. Condra is still young, costs little, and is consistently consistent. Pageau is not a replacement, he's slated to be a 2nd or 3rd liner.

This is not "overhype", this is proper assessment of a player we've seen play for a long enough period of time.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Oh, well, I'm glad you cleared that up for us.

What, is Bryan in your Thursday night poker game, or something? This week, ask him what his thoughts on the new draft format are - I'm curious to know if he supports next year's change to drafting the top 3 picks, or if he was against it.

I said most likely.

We'll see at the deadline/after july 1st ;)

Othello*

Condra isn't any special, if we keep him great and if he walks who cares we have Derek Grant in the system

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
This is where you show us how you overrate prospects.

Guys like Grant and Robinson have proven nothing in the NHL. Condra is still young, costs little, and is consistently consistent. Pageau is not a replacement, he's slated to be a 2nd or 3rd liner.

This is not "overhype", this is proper assessment of a player we've seen play for a long enough period of time.

You say I overrate prospects and then you say that Pageau is slated to be a 2nd liner. Ironic.

I have a very hard time seeing how saying anyone can be better than Erik Condra is overrating that player.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Even with the extensions kicking-in alongside the RFA deals that need to get done in we're not going to be going from the floor to the ceiling in one off-season

I was also going to log off and read a book but I am curious, Galbraith can wait

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
You say I overrate prospects and then you say that Pageau is slated to be a 2nd liner. Ironic.

I have a very hard time seeing how saying anyone can be better than Erik Condra is overrating that player.

Notice how I said 2nd OR 3rd liner? Yeah, that's how you know I am not overrating Pageau, but you'd need to read the entire sentence.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
Spread sheet: here
After re-signing our RFAs, we'll be at about 65m. So there're will be plenty of room.

We would be at 65m if Zibanejad is @ 2.5m, Chiasson @ 1.5m, Stone @ 2m, Hoffman @ 2.5m

Player| Cap hit
Ryan, Bobby| 7.25
Michalek, Milan| 4
Turris, Kyle| 3.5
MacArthur, Clarke| 4.65
Legwand, David| 3
Neil, Chris| 1.9
Smith, Zack| 1.887
Zibanejad, Mika| 2.5
Condra, Erik|
Lazar, Curtis| 0.925
Chiasson, Alex| 1.5
Stone, Mark| 2
Hoffman, Mike| 2.5

Karlsson, Erik| 6.5
Cowen, Jared| 3.1
Methot, Marc| 4.9
Phillips, Chris| 2.5
Wiercioch, Patrick| 2
Ceci, Cody| 1.369
Gryba, Eric| 1.25
Borowiecki, Mark| 1.1

Anderson, Craig| 4.2
Lehner, Robin| 2.225

Last edited:

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
After re-signing our RFAs, we'll be at about 65m. So there're will be plenty of room.

Player| Cap hit
Ryan, Bobby| 7.25
Michalek, Milan| 4
Turris, Kyle| 3.5
MacArthur, Clarke| 4.65
Legwand, David| 3
Neil, Chris| 1.9
Smith, Zack| 1.887
Zibanejad, Mika| 2.5
Condra, Erik|
Lazar, Curtis| 0.925
Chiasson, Alex| 1.5
Stone, Mark| 2
Hoffman, Mike| 2.5

Karlsson, Erik| 6.5
Cowen, Jared| 3.1
Methot, Marc| 4.9
Phillips, Chris| 2.5
Wiercioch, Patrick| 2
Ceci, Cody| 1.369
Gryba, Eric| 1.25
Borowiecki, Mark| 1.1

Anderson, Craig| 4.2
Lehner, Robin| 2.225

Now that is one nice spreadheet. A++ ;)

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown

Player| Cap hit

Karlsson, Erik| 6.5
Cowen, Jared| 3.1
Methot, Marc| 4.9
Phillips, Chris| 2.5
Wiercioch, Patrick| 2
Ceci, Cody| 1.369
Gryba, Eric| 1.25
Borowiecki, Mark| 1.1

I really hope we're not rolling 8 defencemen AGAIN next year.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
We would be at 65m if Zibanejad @ 2.5m, Chiasson @ 1.5m, Stone @ 2m, Hoffman @ 2.5m

it comes down to what they get. If these players get a higher amount of money, we could approach the ceiling quickly, especially if you add Condra to that.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
It doesn't matter how elite Condra is. He's going to be a free agent at the end of the season. Would you rather get something for him or keep him to... do what exactly?

I said it before, his situation isn't much different from Methot's. If he doesn't sign an extension before the deadline we should get an asset for him.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
It doesn't matter how elite Condra is. He's going to be a free agent at the end of the season. Would you rather get something for him or keep him to... do what exactly?

I said it before, his situation isn't much different from Methot's. If he doesn't sign an extension before the deadline we should get an asset for him.

To be great on the PK while being defensively sound in all situations at a moderate price?

Of course you trade him if he doesn't want to re-sign at a reasonable price, but that wasn't the issue here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad