Rumor: 2014/2015 Season Trade Rumours and Proposals Episode VI - The Tradening

Status
Not open for further replies.

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
I'm not saying all of these are a viable option, but the potential D UFA class, is pretty stacked:

Mike Green
Paul Martin
Lubo Visnovsky
Gonchar
Meszaros
Z. Michalek (who we would likely have an inside track on)
Zidlicky
M. Staal
Bryan Allan
Beauchemin
Oduya
Boychuck
Franzen
Hejda
Jackman
Salvador
Petry
Methot
Regehr
Sekera
Rozsival
Erskine
McQuaid

BigBush*

I'm not saying all of these are a viable option, but the potential D UFA class, is pretty stacked:

Mike Green
Paul Martin
Lubo Visnovsky
Gonchar
Meszaros
Zidlicky
M. Staal
Bryan Allan
Beauchemin
Oduya
Boychuck
Franzen
Hejda
Jackman
Salvador
Petry
Methot
Regehr
Sekera
Rozsival
Erskine
McQuaid

but how many of those are LD, 30 or under, and can play on a top pairing?

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Why do they have to be 30 or under?

As long as the player is under 35 I have no problem with his age.

How old was Kuba? Gonchar?

Also a big LOL at Bryan Allen.

BigBush*

Why do they have to be 30 or under?

As long as the player is under 35 I have no problem with his age.

How old was Kuba? Gonchar?

Also a big LOL at Bryan Allen.

Dont have to be 30 or under, but still need to have lots left in the tank

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
but how many of those are LD, 30 or under, and can play on a top pairing?

What I'm saying is, if we can't re-sign Methot, we will have a couple of options.

My preference would be to try and pry Brian Campbell out of Florida.

I know his cap hit is ridiculous, but I feel like he would be great beside Karlsson.

BigBush*

What I'm saying is, if we can't re-sign Methot, we will have a couple of options.

My preference would be to try and pry Brian Campbell out of Florida.

I know his cap hit is ridiculous, but I feel like he would be great beside Karlsson.

out of that list though i only see Martin, Oduya, Staal, and Sekera as being adequate replacements for Karlsson

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
I mentioned this about a week ago, but I have a little bit more info.

Sens have made a couple more offers to Methot. The two that I was given specific details about, were:

1- 2 year deal, at about 5M per.
2- 4 year deal, at around 4.5M per.

Apparently, if this doesn't get done soon, Murray will trade him. (even before the deadline)

imo methot would be dumb to accept a 2 year deal.

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014
Unless Ottawa offers him something like 5M for 4-5 years, which will likely not happen, or Methot lowers his expectations, a deal will likely not happen. I was a lot more confident of a deal happening before he was injured for all season. Now I don't see Ottawa giving him a long term deal at 5M and Methot knows he will get it anyways if he goes on the market.

They made him a 4.5x4yr offer and you dont think they might give him 5mil? Why?

BigBush*

he said unless thats what they offer Methot (5 mill) than he doubts a deal will be made.
I agree, i think ottawa has to come up from 4.5 mill. Methot derseves more (not TOO much more) of a raise than 1.5 mill

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

Mike Green
Paul Martin
Lubo Visnovsky
Gonchar
Meszaros
Zidlicky
M. Staal
Bryan Allan
Beauchemin
Oduya
Boychuck
Franzen
Hejda
Jackman
Salvador
Petry
Methot
Regehr
Sekera
Rozsival
Erskine
McQuaid
I honestly think mezsaros would be a good partner for karlsson

Boud

Dec 27, 2011

Simply because Methot has been a question mark all season and he didn't play for what 8-9 months? When that contract was offered, Methot was supposed to be back and play most of the season but that's not what happened. He came back and got injured right away. Do I think Methot is worth 5M? definitely! I'm not sure Murray/Melnyk would be too keen onto giving Methot a 4-5 year contract with NMC at 5M without knowing the condition of Methot's back. What if he gets injured again and he doesn't play most of next season?

Unless the team is very confident that this was only a 1 time thing, I'm not sure a deal will be made. Again, this is only how I see it and there may still be a possibility but I don't see Ottawa offering more to Methot at this point considering what happened. The rumors that he's been offered 2 year deal lately suggests that the team may not be too confident giving him a long term deal.

Look at a guy like Horton who signed a huge contract and will likely never play an NHL game again. It's a big risk and unless you have evidence that there's a strong chance this was only a 1 time thing, do you take that risk? Methot won't likely sign a short term deal and will get the term and the $$ somewhere else if Ottawa isn't willing to take a chance..

Senateurs

Let's win it all
Feb 28, 2007
what about something like the Foligno trade. Something around Chiasson for Michalek or Stone from Arizona?

resign methot

Methot Karlsson
Cowen Stone
Phillips Ceci

looks pretty solid to me TBH. Condra's a UFA so we'd need to replace a RW but not too worried about that.

Anything with Phillips does not look solid to me.

As for Lazar, I'm afraid this organization is making the wrong choices trying to prove something to the fan base.

We all know this team is mediocre at best but Ownership and management are saying they expect making the playoffs.

We've been rebuilding for years but Ownership and management are trying to play both side of the fence. Making deals for the future while wasting some to feed the lie that we're still trying to make the playoffs.

They're trying to sell tickets by doing everything they can to make the playoffs even if the cause is pretty much lost.

So back to Lazar. He went to the WJC, won gold and was promised a spot back here. They gave him some NHL experience, more than he should have had. Now, he should be sent back to junior for the rest of the year.

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
Dee Nile is a River that runs thru BM's office. Playoffs done. Push reset button & trade Andy for C Grigorenko (or other young gun C >6'2" w skill)

Skid

Sep 26, 2005
Canada
Dee Nile is a River that runs thru BM's office. Playoffs done. Push reset button & trade Andy for C Grigorenko (or other young gun C >6'2" w skill)
You couldn't have used a worse example for a young center with skill

Boud

Dec 27, 2011

Buffalo has no need for Anderson as Enroth has been lights out this season. They certainly won't trade a prospect like Grigorenko to a division rival and I doubt the Sens trade Andy within the division.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Anderson won't be traded this season. I would bet money on it. There is NO market for a goaltender right now.

And lol at Buffalo trading for a 33 year old goalie. If they wanted a veteran goalie, they would have just kept Miller. Not to mention that the Sens wouldn't trade Anderson to a division rival.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Anderson won't be traded this season. I would bet money on it. There is NO market for a goaltender right now.

I've heard the Ducks may be looking for a goalie since Ansersen has no experience and they doubt he could lead them far into the postseason. Also one has to think the Blues will look for a goalie if ever they want to go far in the playoffs.. Not with Elliot that they're making a homerun. I'm sure there are teams interested and Andy would likely be the best option. He has a good contract, amongst the best in the league at the moment and has no NTC.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I've heard the Ducks may be looking for a goalie since Ansersen has no experience and they doubt he could lead them far into the postseason. Also one has to think the Blues will look for a goalie if ever they want to go far in the playoffs.. Not with Elliot that they're making a homerun. I'm sure there are teams interested and Andy would likely be the best option. He has a good contract, amongst the best in the league at the moment and has no NTC.

Blues are more likely not going to trade for another goalie. They already made that mistake with Miller and it backfired on them.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Blues are more likely not going to trade for another goalie. They already made that mistake with Miller and it backfired on them.

The price for Andy isn't the same of Miller and one has to think they'll want to make a run at the cup and Andy could also help Allen for the years to come. They have a great team and still plenty of assets. If they think they have a shot, and they do, they may look for a goalie. I just don't believe they have a good chance with Elliot in net.. And obviously they don't think either since they signed Brodeur and traded for Miller last season.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
The price for Andy isn't the same of Miller and one has to think they'll want to make a run at the cup and Andy could also help Allen for the years to come. They have a great team and still plenty of assets. If they think they have a shot, and they do, they may look for a goalie. I just don't believe they have a good chance with Elliot in net.. And obviously they don't think either since they signed Brodeur and traded for Miller last season.

Elliot got injured, so that is why they signed Brodeur. Now that Elliot is back, Brodeur is taking a leave of absence.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

They targeted the wrong goalie though

The problem wasn't that they didn't need a goalie, the problem was that Miller wasn't the right fit: he's guy who thrives on taking a lot shots

The bigger problem was their lack of offense down the middle and they'addressed it with Stastny but I still don't think they're likely to go far with Brian "I don't suck, it was the ice" Elliott in net

I still expect them to lose due to shoddy goaltending

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau

And lol at Buffalo trading for a 33 year old goalie. If they wanted a veteran goalie, they would have just kept Miller. Not to mention that the Sens wouldn't trade Anderson to a division rival.

Minnesota just gave up a third round pick for Devan Dubnyk, so yes there is definitely a market for goalies.

Andy has 3 years left on his contract, Dubnyk is only signed through this season. If Dubnyk can fetch a third, Andy should be able to get at least a first and maybe more.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Minnesota just gave up a third round pick for Devan Dubnyk, so yes there is definitely a market for goalies.

That's no how the goalie market works, unfortunately.

There WAS a market for goalies. Now there's not. Goalies trade value is entirely dependant on the number of teams actively looking for goalies, which there seem to be none at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad