Rumor: 2014/2015 Season Trade Rumours and Proposals Episode VI - The Tradening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Backpass

Jan 4, 2015
I don't mind with the fact they have kept Lazar up in the NHL. He may not be producing much but with his size, his physical play and attitude it's just a matter of time before he starts producing. Further more we are giving him the opportunity to gain NHL experience, which he would not get in junior.

Ohhh Franco

Jun 28, 2006
I don't mind with the fact they have kept Lazar up in the NHL. He may not be producing much but with his size, his physical play and attitude it's just a matter of time before he starts producing. Further more we are giving him the opportunity to gain NHL experience, which he would not get in junior.

Producing goals and assists OR producing pesky, hard working, annoying to play against shifts? Cant remember seeing a flash or two of pure skill from him at the NHL level yet...

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
what about something like the Foligno trade. Something around Chiasson for Michalek or Stone from Arizona?

resign methot

Methot Karlsson
Cowen Stone
Phillips Ceci

looks pretty solid to me TBH. Condra's a UFA so we'd need to replace a RW but not too worried about that.

Last edited:

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
what about something like the Foligno trade. Something around Chiasson for Michalek or Stone from Arizona?

resign methot

Methot Karlsson
Cowen Stone
Phillips Ceci

looks pretty solid to me TBH. Condra's a UFA so we'd need to replace a RW but not too worried about that.

Looks solid except for Phillips. I'd be down for Michalek or Stone from ARI. But I would play Wier (if he's not part of the package going) or Boro instead of Phillips.

BigBush*

resign methot

Methot Karlsson
Cowen Stone
Phillips Ceci

The last thing we need to do is push Ceci down the line up. He is better than Michalek and Stone. It's our LD were we are weak

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
D isn't nearly as weak with Methot in the lineup. I think we take a step back if we trade him (unless sufficiently replaced). A unit of...

Methot-Karlsson
Cowen-Ceci
Boro/Phillips/Weircioch-Gryba

... isn't bad. Especially if we see a bit more progress from Cowen (plausible) and EK continues to play at a high level. If the top 4 are healthy and playing well, you only need 10 minutes out of your bottom 2.

BigBush*

D isn't nearly as weak with Methot in the lineup. I think we take a step back if we trade him (unless sufficiently replaced). A unit of...

Methot-Karlsson
Cowen-Ceci
Boro/Phillips/Weircioch-Gryba

... isn't bad. Especially if we see a bit more progress from Cowen (plausible) and EK continues to play at a high level. If the top 4 are healthy and playing well, you only need 10 minutes out of your bottom 2.

Ya, and with Boro back, he and Gryba make a good 3rd pairing

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
I mentioned this about a week ago, but I have a little bit more info.

Sens have made a couple more offers to Methot. The two that I was given specific details about, were:

1- 2 year deal, at about 5M per.
2- 4 year deal, at around 4.5M per.

Apparently, if this doesn't get done soon, Murray will trade him. (even before the deadline)

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013

Sens have made a couple more offers to Methot. The two that I was given specific details about, were:

Apparently, if this doesn't get done soon, Murray will trade him. (even before the deadline)

i hope methot takes the 2 year deal, really dont want the risk attached to a 4 year contract at this stage

also have you heard anything in regards to other players being traded (since according to reports Neil and Boro are close to returning)

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
Am I the only one that thinks Methot is nothing to write home about... Ever on this team? He is merely a useful top 4 defender or a really superior #5? That he is not even close to as good as Kuba or Gonchar... Is not a suitable partner to Karlsson really... Just a lot better then the alternatives we have? And I mean fully healthy. He looked like an ok #2 because Karlsson is awesome.

Anyway... Methot is basically just an average D-Man. We need a really good partner for Karlsson. Then Cowen-Ceci is a good pairing.. And we have bodies for the bottom pairing.
We might not need the best #2... But one completely suited to Karlsson.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
2 years @ 5mil per for Methot would fantastic.

Am I the only one that thinks Methot is nothing to write home about... Ever on this team? He is merely a useful top 4 defender or a really superior #5? That he is not even close to as good as Kuba or Gonchar... Is not a suitable partner to Karlsson really... Just a lot better then the alternatives we have? And I mean fully healthy. He looked like an ok #2 because Karlsson is awesome.

Anyway... Methot is basically just an average D-Man. We need a really good partner for Karlsson. Then Cowen-Ceci is a good pairing.. And we have bodies for the bottom pairing.

Just you and MAK.

BigBush*

No Methot is far better than your average Dman. Defence wins championships, and that's an area Methot excels at. There's a reason lots of teams are calling about him

BigBush*

Yikes, those deals wouldn't look to appealing if I was Methot and thought my back would be fine.
Gotta think he'd get 5 x 5 in free agency

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Yikes, those deals wouldn't look to appealing if I was Methot and thought my back would be fine.
Gotta think he'd get 5 x 5 in free agency

To Ottawa, his back isn't fine. It's a giant question mark. He missed half a season with a mystery back injury.

I do agree that he could get 5x5 on the open market, though.

I'd love for him to sign the 5x2 option.

BigBush*

To Ottawa, his back isn't fine. It's a giant question mark. He missed half a season with a mystery back injury.

I do agree that he could get 5x5 on the open market, though.

I'd love for him to sign the 5x2 option.

I'm sure Methot knows where is back is at. All he needs to do is finish out the season (and playoffs if traded) at a high level and hell get his big payday.

I'd love the 2 x 5 deal, but Methot would be crazy to do that, he'd be leaving so much money off the table (which you don't want to do when you're 30)

Busboy

Jul 29, 2011

I would be very happy with those deals. I can see why Methot is holding out though, at his age he should definitely be trying to secure better term for himself.

Nice to see that the team isn't lowballing him either.

Now we've signed Ryan, MIchalek, Anderson and made offers to Methot.

The sky is falling conspiracy theories regarding the budget moving forward seem to be slowly eroding as the team moves forward with signs of increasing payroll as the team gets older and (hopefully) better.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
I'm sure Methot knows where is back is at. All he needs to do is finish out the season (and playoffs if traded) at a high level and hell get his big payday.

I'd love the 2 x 5 deal, but Methot would be crazy to do that, he'd be leaving so much money off the table (which you don't want to do when you're 30)

its a catch 22 imo, 5x2 sucks short term but with the way the cap is going up and the fact that our team is going to be better (if players develop at a decent rate), methot might even be able to get 6 or 6.5 million in 2 years time

the risk is though as you stated if his play slows down due to age he is losing a lot of money

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

My guess would be LA is looking for a D now

If there is no deal to be made I bet he goes to LA, LA is going to miss the playoffs if they don't try to upgrade their D and Murray hopefully gets a bit more out of them due to desperation

BigBush*

I just want him signed with a NMC, even at 4 x 5. He'd be a great asset and lots of teams would trade for him if need be

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa

Yup. Totally.

I mean he was only an invitee to the Team Canada Olympic training camp purely by the grace of God. I'd say he's probably a #10 defenseman on a lottery bound team.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

Man. A superior five? The guy is a top 4 d man almost anywhere in the NHL.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Unless Ottawa offers him something like 5M for 4-5 years, which will likely not happen, or Methot lowers his expectations, a deal will likely not happen. I was a lot more confident of a deal happening before he was injured for all season. Now I don't see Ottawa giving him a long term deal at 5M and Methot knows he will get it anyways if he goes on the market.

BigBush*

Unless Ottawa offers him something like 5M for 4-5 years, which will likely not happen, or Methot lowers his expectations, a deal will likely not happen. I was a lot more confident of a deal happening before he was injured for all season. Now I don't see Ottawa giving him a long term deal at 5M and Methot knows he will get it anyways if he goes on the market.

it is starting to look that way.
I dont see Methot would be willing to lose out on 2 million over the next 4 years for a home down discount.
I hope they meet half way at 4 x 4.8. Methot definitely deserves that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad