Rumor: 2014/2015 Season Trade Rumours and Proposals Episode VI - The Tradening

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Te be fair, he was brought to the NHL because he would've wasted his time in the WHL. I don't think he had anything to do there anymore and management felt it would be better for him to play NHL and get a taste of it. Next year he will likely start in the AHL since he will be able and then will work his way to the NHL.

I might have agreed with you re: nothing to gain in the W before the season started, but considering his current role and stunted growth of (already limited) flash and dazzle, I think going down and dominating the juniors and honing his puck skills would have been the way to go.

Just my opinion, after all I'm the guy who thought Hoffman was a bust.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Hoffman was a bust until last year

However we had some posters on here who kept saying "he's a late bloomer, don't give up on him yet"

And they were right

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Hoffman was a bust until last year

However we had some posters on here who kept saying "he's a late bloomer, don't give up on him yet"

And they were right
Let's be honest most have hardons for some players regardless of how good they are. Remember how amazing Conacher was supposed to be?

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Yes but in the case of Hoffman there were a few posters who called it and not only did they call it, the explained how they came to call it which is even better

Credit where credit is due

I was never impressed in him until last year, I thought he would never make the NHL

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
Is it impossible that Lazar plays in the AHL next year after playing a full season of NHL this year?

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Lazar will play the majority of the next season in the AHL if his offensive production is remotely close to what it is now, He will get the minutes there
and get to be a number 1C huge confidence and development boost for him imo.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I just don't see lazar as a winger. Why not try pageau on the wing? He's speedy. Smart along the boards.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
We are the Ottawa senators. The player you just described there made my mouth water

Condra makes your mouth water?

I just don't see lazar as a winger. Why not try pageau on the wing? He's speedy. Smart along the boards.

Pageau has offensive instincts that Lazar doesn't, Pageau is the far better player currently so you give him the tougher assignments.

Lazar is being completely mishandled other than being allowed to go to the WJC

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014
Condra makes your mouth water?

Pageau has offensive instincts that Lazar doesn't, Pageau is the far better player currently so you give him the tougher assignments.

Lazar is being completely mishandled other than being allowed to go to the WJC

Pageau has 3 pts in his last 40 games, Lazar is doing fine given the minutes he's getting.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Lazar should be in junior

Pageau is much more effective on the offense than Lazar right now, it's not even close

Pageau doesn't get to play with skilled players much and he isn't a skilled guy, he won't create offense on his own

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Pageau creates offensive chances but hasn't gotten to play with very good players: Condra, Greening, Michalek, Kassian, Neil etc....

However he looked fantastic and got a point when put between Hoffman and Ryan and it wasn't tried since (or if it was, it wasn't for very long)

Pageau has also been great on faceoffs recently

Lazar does nothing other than be defensively aware

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Yes but in the case of Hoffman there were a few posters who called it and not only did they call it, the explained how they came to call it which is even better

Credit where credit is due

I was never impressed in him until last year, I thought he would never make the NHL

To his credit he was looking good during his first real call up the year before last until he re-injured his collarbone.

BigBush*

Pageau creates offensive chances but hasn't gotten to play with very good players: Condra, Greening, Michalek, Kassian, Neil etc....

However he looked fantastic and got a point when put between Hoffman and Ryan and it wasn't tried since (or if it was, it wasn't for very long)

How can you use that excuse of poor linemates for Pageau but not for Lazar.
When Lazar centered Hoffman and Stone they were our best line

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I might have agreed with you re: nothing to gain in the W before the season started, but considering his current role and stunted growth of (already limited) flash and dazzle, I think going down and dominating the juniors and honing his puck skills would have been the way to go.

Just my opinion, after all I'm the guy who thought Hoffman was a bust.

To be honest, I was one saying he should not have started the season here. I mean, he should've been sent down after the 9 games he had. Bottom line is I understand what management want/wanted to do by keeping him in the NHL. Wether it was the good thing to do or not, we will never know. I think he showed he was able to play in a defensive role on the team and even thoo he didn't score he showed he was able to be effective in the most part against NHL players and that's probably why the team decided to keep him here, hoping he would eventually breakout considering he understood the defensive responsabilities.

Now, I think they could/ should start thinking to send him down if they plan on playing him only 10 minutes or less a night which goes against the logic of bringing him here in the first place. I think they will think about it firmly before the 45 game mark and they should send him down.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

Man he did NOT look anywhere near "fantastic" between Hoffman and Ryan. He got a point yes. And then they were put back together the next game. And failed and looked terrible and zibanejad was put back there. Because pageau is not a top 6 center. Lazar looked pretty good offensively between stone and Hoffman. He naturally looks a little worse playing on the wing with pageau and condra.... I'm
Not disagreeing that he should maybe be in junior. But he hasn't been as bad offensively as you're making it out to be. When at center he's able to do a lot more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad