Prospect Info: 2014-2015 Rangers Prospects Thread *Part III* (Player Stats in Post #1; Updated 3/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Duclair had his first 2 points game but his game was again subpar. He was playing with Timashov who made several nice passes to him. He just lost the puck on every occasion. He's not putting much effort into it.

Graves was solid against Ehlers and Meier. Keeping both to only one assist each is great.

Lua

Nov 10, 2010
Troy
Tyler Nanne, the offensive dman we picked in the 5th round of last years draft, seems to have found a bit of game since being traded to another USHL team. 10 points since then, including 6 goals. Not exactly setting the world on fire, but it's good to see a production increase after a slow start and a trade. Obviously haven't been able to watch any Madison Capitols games so I can't really attest to how he's doing off the scoresheet. It would be nice to get an update, things have been pretty quiet around this kid.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Biggest suprise of the stats above gotta be Petr Zamorskys lack of production ...

I saw him against Sweden in the EHT, he played pretty well. Especially on the PP. He seems to be a 3-4 pairing D for Espoo. Ryan Connor is good and they seem to have another decent D or two, but I thought Zamorsky would be a star for them.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Tyler Nanne, the offensive dman we picked in the 5th round of last years draft, seems to have found a bit of game since being traded to another USHL team. 10 points since then, including 6 goals. Not exactly setting the world on fire, but it's good to see a production increase after a slow start and a trade. Obviously haven't been able to watch any Madison Capitols games so I can't really attest to how he's doing off the scoresheet. It would be nice to get an update, things have been pretty quiet around this kid.

He sounds like he has so much upside. Obviously a very high chance he never reaches it, but he's an awesome project pick. I'm excited to see how he transitions to the college game. Unfortunately for this season it's almost impossible to watch him; unless you live locally and can attend a game in person, there's basically no way.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Biggest suprise of the stats above gotta be Petr Zamorskys lack of production ...

I saw him against Sweden in the EHT, he played pretty well. Especially on the PP. He seems to be a 3-4 pairing D for Espoo. Ryan Connor is good and they seem to have another decent D or two, but I thought Zamorsky would be a star for them.

I'm a little surprised as well. I know Liiga isn't a super-high-scoring league, but I still would have guessed he'd post some better numbers. I know he has missed time on at least two or three occasions with little injuries though, so maybe it's just one of "those" years where nothing goes right. Hopefully he comes over for a look in the fall. He looked good when he was here prior to the season.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010

He sounds like he has so much upside. Obviously a very high chance he never reaches it, but he's an awesome project pick. I'm excited to see how he transitions to the college game. Unfortunately for this season it's almost impossible to watch him; unless you live locally and can attend a game in person, there's basically no way.

4-1/2 years til he comes to training camp. He'll be different guy by then.

Reminds me of how NYR drafted Hank in 2000, he didn't come over until 2005.
Not that I expect Nanne to become a rookie starter and an all-time Ranger.

Just that you trust the scouts had solid basis for the pick, and if the player commits to improving and fitness, and avoids bad luck, a late pick can find his role and contribute

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
When we drafted Nanne--the talk was he sometimes played forward. It may be that his new team is using him up front more.

Lua

Nov 10, 2010
Troy
When we drafted Nanne--the talk was he sometimes played forward. It may be that his new team is using him up front more.

That makes a ton of sense. He's listed as a dman on the MadCaps roster, but it's kind of strange he has more goals than assists.

I looked for more info and found gifs of a couple his points on a BSB report. The first one, where he assisted on a Powerplay goal, he was playing the right point. He took a low shot that created a rebound. Easy tap in for the man in front.

The second gif was an even strength goal. It doesn't show how the play develops, but he is posted at the right side of the top of the crease, takes a pass, and skates it behind the net and to the bottom of the left circle. He definitely looked like he was playing a forward position in the limited timeframe of what is shown. I could identify at least two other forwards, number 91 Mitch Hults and number 7 Will Johnson. A third player I couldn't identify (presumably a forward) was skating back and forth between the left halfboards and the side of the crease. The fifth player was out of view for the whole sequence. Johnson, who got the primary assist on the goal, was at the right point when he made the pass. It looked like he skated it towards the point from the high slot, moving Nanne in front of the net. BSB included a gif of his shootout goal at the end of that game. Conclusion: I think he's still playing D, but I'm not 100% sure. IIRC he committed to Ohio State as a Dman, so I would assume that's what he's going to play when he gets there.

http://www.blueshirtbanter.com/2014...update-tyler-nanne-finding-his-offensive-game

I also stumbled on his twitter. Banner picture is Bobby Orr's flying celebration. Seems like a nice kid too :laugh:

https://twitter.com/tyler23nanne

Odds are against him for sure, but just the fact that he's an offensive RHD makes him worth following. I'm looking forward to seeing if he can hold his weight as a Freshman.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
That makes a ton of sense. He's listed as a dman on the MadCaps roster, but it's kind of strange he has more goals than assists.

I looked for more info and found gifs of a couple his points on a BSB report. The first one, where he assisted on a Powerplay goal, he was playing the right point. He took a low shot that created a rebound. Easy tap in for the man in front.

The second gif was an even strength goal. It doesn't show how the play develops, but he is posted at the right side of the top of the crease, takes a pass, and skates it behind the net and to the bottom of the left circle. He definitely looked like he was playing a forward position in the limited timeframe of what is shown. I could identify at least two other forwards, number 91 Mitch Hults and number 7 Will Johnson. A third player I couldn't identify (presumably a forward) was skating back and forth between the left halfboards and the side of the crease. The fifth player was out of view for the whole sequence. Johnson, who got the primary assist on the goal, was at the right point when he made the pass. It looked like he skated it towards the point from the high slot, moving Nanne in front of the net. BSB included a gif of his shootout goal at the end of that game. Conclusion: I think he's still playing D, but I'm not 100% sure. IIRC he committed to Ohio State as a Dman, so I would assume that's what he's going to play when he gets there.

http://www.blueshirtbanter.com/2014...update-tyler-nanne-finding-his-offensive-game

I also stumbled on his twitter. Banner picture is Bobby Orr's flying celebration. Seems like a nice kid too :laugh:

https://twitter.com/tyler23nanne

Odds are against him for sure, but just the fact that he's an offensive RHD makes him worth following. I'm looking forward to seeing if he can hold his weight as a Freshman.

He's a smaller player as well which argues for him playing forward at least some of the time. Going to Ohio St. next year I think. It will be interesting to see how they use him there.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Goal, assist, 7 shots for Tambellini through 2 periods.

Assist changed to a goal.. so now 2 goals on 7 shots

Last edited:

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Goal, assist, 7 shots for Tambellini through 2 periods

Looks like it's been changed to two goals. One more period to get his second hat trick in three games...

I know his overall point totals are a bit shy of where some folks would like them to be, but 32 goals in 47 games is nothing to sneeze at - and, digging deeper into the numbers, it appears that he's just two goals short of being on a goal-per-game pace since the start of December. That's pretty friggin' good.

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
"@GlobalParker: Adam Tambellini now has 6 goals in his last 3 games. His 32 goals are third best in the #WHL."

Iverson had an assist in two games over the weekend. Portland is a stacked team. He's not necessarily getting any key minutes. He was -1 in a 4-3 OT win yesterday.

Today they play Tri-City so curious to see if Nejezchleb can work some magic against Portland's D. He missed the last few games with an illness, while Iverson had 2 assists the last time they played.

Sometimes Root Sports NW plays Pac-NW WHL games involving Seattle, Portland, Tri-City etc. If you get the DirectTv Sportspack you can watch it if streaming isn't your thing.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Is it really that unrealistic to expect a bottom pairing of him and McIlrath in 2 years time?

Graves probably takes more time because big defensemen do. If he's on a third pair at 21, he'll be on a first pair at 24 because the trajectory of big defensemen is different from forwards.

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
Iverson was a -1 with no shots, while Nejelzcheb had an assist and -1 with no shots in Portland's 7-5 win.

Tambellini scored a PPG in an 8-0 rout.

Halverson was shaky again but pulled out a 6-5 shootout win at Guelph.

Walcott was +1 in a 4-3 OT Loss in which they blew a 3-1 lead with three straight PPG against.

Nothing special today.

depthwins*

Buchevich's stats don't look much better now than last year in the KHL. His offense has completely stalled.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Buchevich's stats don't look much better now than last year in the KHL. His offense has completely stalled.

He's about to beat Tarasenko for the 2nd best U20 season in the league's history. It's not easy to be your team's best player in a men's league at 19 years old...especially an unimpressive team like Severstal.

BarbaraAlphanse

Graves probably takes more time because big defensemen do. If he's on a third pair at 21, he'll be on a first pair at 24 because the trajectory of big defensemen is different from forwards.

Man, I'm really excited for Skjei, Graves, and McIlrath to come up.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC

I know you're joking, but to anyone who says this seriously, can't go by the stats in this case. I've watched a few of the games online and on cable, his coach doesn't use him as the go to guy, plays an older 'top' line instead. Starts them on the PP, and most of the time Buch draws that PP opportunity. He didn't bury every chance he had but the point is he's getting good chances and looks like the best player on the ice at more times than not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad