2014-2015 Providence Bruins All-Purpose Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Nope. I just scrolled back through all of Divver's game lines since opening night. The highest line he's started on has been the 3rd line, and as of this past weekend, he's back on the 4th line. Opening night, the he was on the 3rd line: Randell-Werek-Knight. Today, he was on the 4th line: Flick-Kane-Knight.

Wouldn't say that he's gotten any real opportunity at all … Just the opposite, actually.

And comparing Pastrnak to Knight is comparing apples and oranges.

Been to 4 games haven't seen him near the top line.
I did get fried dough so may have missed him with Koko. Btw I wish the Dunk would paint the fried dough with hot butter- makes the cinnamon so much better when added

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Most times, the "starting lineup" isn't the top line. But I'm sure you already knew that.

DKH
wow, watching Providence and Knight is freaking bowling out there....got the videos on the iphone have to figure out how to get it here....yikes, he has DESTROYED Forbert twice....I'll figure it out....one of my buds said they said he's 6'4" but around Knight he is 3'2" (I assume its because he is on his ass- love it)

plus he took a big suicide/sacrifice hit to get to Pasta, who gave it to Koko for a goal. Not complaining him playing LW with the two studs (damn is Koko good)

-dkh 10/25

MillerTime 86

So Long Tyler SeQuin
May 11, 2007
On a Rock
Knight had 95% been on a third line with Lindblad and usually Florek. This weekend he went to fourth line. He did not kill penalties game I saw I'd say ECHL callup that day Cory Kane did. Time to cut bait. The Bruins should be able to get a 4-6 AHL defenseman for Knight.
Maybe Cassidy can persuade a trade with the Blue Jackets and get his boy Cherniwchan back in a spoked-P.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
DKH
wow, watching Providence and Knight is freaking bowling out there....got the videos on the iphone have to figure out how to get it here....yikes, he has DESTROYED Forbert twice....I'll figure it out....one of my buds said they said he's 6'4" but around Knight he is 3'2" (I assume its because he is on his ass- love it)

plus he took a big suicide/sacrifice hit to get to Pasta, who gave it to Koko for a goal. Not complaining him playing LW with the two studs (damn is Koko good)

-dkh 10/25

Ferlin got switched for Knight because Cassidy apparently was miffed at Ferlin because he then missed a few shifts.

Also Knight started with Cunningham and Spooner Saturday night but got a slash and boarding (joke call that the Boston Bruins would consider their best hit of year) and was benched and taken off penalty killing. He got what one of my coaches used to call 'fill ah' shifts.

After the second penalty Knight played maybe 5 minutes rest of game and yesterday I see he was with Kane and Flick.

He also was with Koko on an OT I went to. 95% he is on third or fourth line. I want him moved because I believe he will develop into a very good player. I can be wrong I did not see Seguin tearing it up in Dallas or Eriksson looking like Melba toast.

One point in 666 games is not getting it done no matter if he plays LW, with one of us as his center or gets under 10 minutes on fourth line with recently signed college FA on a 10 day try out or an ECHL call up.

I believe like Seguin shows that Boston is not the organization for Spooner or Knight. Change can be good and I think a new organization with a different coach and/or system will be good for Ryan and Jared.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Knight has had some bad luck with injuries last 3 years....all the way back to London Knight days. Severe enough to keep him out for extended periods of time and not allowing him to develop or build any rythem to his game. I feel for the kid. For me, I can't provide any insight or judgement to his game. Not enough of a foundation to form an opinion.

I was looking forward to his first full year and based on the games I've watched and stats to date, it's not looking good. I appreciate Knight hasn't had the opportunity to play on top lines however that shouldn't impact his game output significantly. If Knight posses the skillset to succeed in the NHL he should be dominating on the 3rd line playing against AHL 3rd liners. Too date that hasn't happened. This is a little concerning however I want to see where he sits after half season. He needs momentum. Hope he finds it.

I hope he finds his game. Good for the bruins organization and fans having the opportunity to say "thank you" Kessel for the 3rd time.

This article made want to post...

http://www.providencejournal.com/sp...1109-p-bruins-weekend-plusses-and-minuses.ece

Bad

*** When players get hurt in Boston, Providence feels the pain. Zach Trotman, Joe Morrow and David Warsofsky are up with the parent club and might not be back for awhile.

*** Providence took a 2-1 lead into the third period on Saturday night in Worcester, then gave up three goals in a 4-2 loss.

*** On the injured list: Bobby Robins and Jordan Caron (upper body), Ben Youds (knee), Chris Breen (back), Ben Sexton (ankle).

*** Jared Knight’s scoring problems continue. He has no goals in 12 games so far this season. Since a 1-3-4 performance against Hartford 365 days ago, he has 2 goals in his last 57 regular –season games.[/
I]

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Knight has had some bad luck with injuries last 3 years....all the way back to London Knight days. Severe enough to keep him out for extended periods of time and not allowing him to develop or build any rythem to his game. I feel for the kid. For me, I can't provide any insight or judgement to his game. Not enough of a foundation to form an opinion.

I was looking forward to his first full year and based on the games I've watched and stats to date, it's not looking good. I appreciate Knight hasn't had the opportunity to play on top lines however that shouldn't impact his game output significantly. If Knight posses the skillset to succeed in the NHL he should be dominating on the 3rd line playing against AHL 3rd liners. Too date that hasn't happened. This is a little concerning however I want to see where he sits after half season. He needs momentum. Hope he finds it.

I hope he finds his game. Good for the bruins organization and fans having the opportunity to say "thank you" Kessel for the 3rd time.

This article made want to post...

http://www.providencejournal.com/sp...1109-p-bruins-weekend-plusses-and-minuses.ece

Bad

*** When players get hurt in Boston, Providence feels the pain. Zach Trotman, Joe Morrow and David Warsofsky are up with the parent club and might not be back for awhile.

*** Providence took a 2-1 lead into the third period on Saturday night in Worcester, then gave up three goals in a 4-2 loss.

*** On the injured list: Bobby Robins and Jordan Caron (upper body), Ben Youds (knee), Chris Breen (back), Ben Sexton (ankle).

*** Jared Knight’s scoring problems continue. He has no goals in 12 games so far this season. Since a 1-3-4 performance against Hartford 365 days ago, he has 2 goals in his last 57 regular –season games.[/
I]

Seguin and Jagr EACH scored 1 goal in last 27 games with Boston. Seguin has mind-blowing scored 47 in 92. Jagr around 30 in 90 games. Fraser plays his off side getting 10 or less minutes and looks like **** and goes to natural LW spot with Spderberg and not Kelly or Campbell and looks good.

Knight blows sucks is crap. Get it. Time to move him. Spooner is no better. He gets 18 minutes and power play and has what 30 something game steak with no goals.

Time to move them both and see if all the media know it All's and folks here are right. I'm eating crow on Seguin maybe Spooner and Knight will prove me wrong again. I thought Seguin would be lucky to get 20 :laugh:

Interesting that Seguin, Knight, and Spooner all have IMO a different guy (chia, Cassidy, Claude) as perceived conflict. Bunch of bratty troublemakers that 2010 class:sarcasm:

In fairness to Boston it's not always the system or coaching sometimes its just a change a fresh start and as we saw with Seguin best thing for him; and I believe Spooner and Knight also.

Last edited:

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Seguin and Jagr EACH scored 1 goal in last 27 games with Boston. Seguin has mind-blowing scored 47 in 92. Jagr around 30 in 90 games. Fraser plays his off side getting 10 or less minutes and looks like **** and goes to natural LW spot with Spderberg and not Kelly or Campbell and looks good.

Knight blows sucks is crap. Get it. Time to move him. Spooner is no better. He gets 18 minutes and power play and has what 30 something game steak with no goals.

Time to move them both and see if all the media know it All's and folks here are right. I'm eating crow on Seguin maybe Spooner and Knight will prove me wrong again. I thought Seguin would be lucky to get 20 :laugh:

Interesting that Seguin, Knight, and Spooner all have IMO a different guy (chia, Cassidy, Claude) as perceived conflict. Bunch of bratty troublemakers that 2010 class:sarcasm:

In fairness to Boston it's not always the system or coaching sometimes its just a change a fresh start and as we saw with Seguin best thing for him; and I believe Spooner and Knight also.

I totally agree. Interestingly enough I recently heard an interview with Darren Dreger (whom i have allot of respect) expressing Seguin's success after the bruins has all to do with how the Bruins developed him, two way game, etc... He went on to say Seguin has expressed the same sentiment.

zaYG

Nerevarine
Jun 29, 2012
Santa Cruz, CA
Ferlin got switched for Knight because Cassidy apparently was miffed at Ferlin because he then missed a few shifts.

Yesterday?

I think that was because Ferlin was heavily favoring a leg after a collision. Was sitting right behind the bench and one of his legs was clearly hurting quite badly.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Yesterday?

I think that was because Ferlin was heavily favoring a leg after a collision. Was sitting right behind the bench and one of his legs was clearly hurting quite badly.

No, up in Manchester I believe.

DaveFromNB

Sep 6, 2008
Quispamsis, NB
So Knight goes 1 full game on the 4'th line and people are getting upset and think he should just be moved? He's coming off a lost season and bridging between body structures, there are going to be hiccups along the way. Maybe the most suitable course is just to roll with it a while and see what his new trajectory becomes.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
So Knight goes 1 full game on the 4'th line and people are getting upset and think he should just be moved? He's coming off a lost season and bridging between body structures, there are going to be hiccups along the way. Maybe the most suitable course is just to roll with it a while and see what his new trajectory becomes.

kid has 1 point in 666 games- change will be good. He would be a nice test to see if he develops elsewhere. Then the Bruins can figure out what they are doing wrong and correct it. Spooner needs to go to....1 goal this year on the power play and 18 minutes of ice

Spooner looked very good in the exhibiton season to me (not Claude) but since the Claude barbs and the move to the wing just not seeing the same electric guy.

Ryan will be fine but I think he needs to get a new lease on life

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
Didn't Dom say elsewhere that he believed that Knight would be up with the big club at some point this season? He doesn't write things here without some foundation.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Didn't Dom say elsewhere that he believed that Knight would be up with the big club at some point this season? He doesn't write things here without some foundation.

Dom was correct and that is the maddening thing to me.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

For me, this isn't about one game, and it isn't only about Knight. The guys under Cassidy's sway are still KIDS, and are going to make mistakes. It's part of the learning process, and at the AHL level, needs to be tolerated and the mistakes corrected. Benching a player for most of the rest of the game (as Cassidy did Saturday with Knight and Camara) serves ZERO purpose IMO.

Take the kid aside, explain the mistake and what should have been done, sit him a shift if you want to make a point...then let them back out there so they can redeem themselves. If it's a lingering problem, make it a point of emphasis in practice.

It doesn't matter to me if it's Knight, KoKo, Ferlin, Camara, Spooner, whomever. I think "benching" players is an easy out and a tool often used by coaches who don't know how to speak to their players and get through to them.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
By the way, speaking of Ferlin he had two goals yesterday in Providence's 4-1 victory.

Sorry to interrupt, I know this isn't the thread for that, carry on now.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
Knight had 95% been on a third line with Lindblad and usually Florek. This weekend he went to fourth line. He did not kill penalties game I saw I'd say ECHL callup that day Cory Kane did. Time to cut bait. The Bruins should be able to get a 4-6 AHL defenseman for Knight.

It's certainly curious that a guy like Kane can jump into the lineup and earn ice time, but Knight shouldn't get a pass on production playing with 2 quality players like Lindblad and Florek. Perhaps 1 assist in 12 games was enough to earn a demotion?

I'd have a much easier time buying into the Cassidy conspiracy if Knight produced at even a passable rate.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Oooooo...

Snarky.

Nice.

How did he score?

He was goal hanging both times. The first Cunningham was whacking at the puck in front forever and Brian finally took it and wristed it over the goalie's shoulder in close quarters. The second time was a nice tip in front from Lindblad on the PP.

The highlights are worth it for Camara's goal where Koko whiffs a shot and somehow made it look like a no look pass to #15. I'll go find them and post.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
He was goal hanging both times. The first Cunningham was whacking at the puck in front forever and Brian finally took it and wristed it over the goalie's shoulder in close quarters. The second time was a nice tip in front from Lindblad on the PP.

The highlights are worth it for Camara's goal where Koko whiffs a shot and somehow made it look like a no look pass to #15. I'll go find them and post.

Thanks.

Who usually has the highlights?

Question?

I think we have a different definition of the term goal hanging. When I played many moons ago, "Goal Hanging" was a negative term that meant something similar to a floater who didn't play in his own end. When you describe it as it pertains to Ferlin, it sounds as if he was going hard to the net and putting himself in good positions.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Thanks.

Who usually has the highlights?

Question?

I think we have a different definition of the term goal hanging. When I played many moons ago, "Goal Hanging" was a negative term that meant something similar to a floater who didn't play in his own end. When you describe it as it pertains to Ferlin, it sounds as if he was going hard to the net and putting himself in good positions.

They eventually go up on you tube, which is easier for everyone here to watch, but if you go to the AHL Live website they are already up.

I wasn't being pejorative about goal hanging. The first goal he had nowhere else to be because that was where the action was. The second goal, maybe I'm misremembering from seeing it live, but I'm pretty sure he was set up there on the PP. All I know is the tip was a beauty.

I think Ferlin is pretty responsible about playing his end from what I've seen, even if he's not exactly great at it yet. It may even be at the expense of his offense so far. Hopefully this gets him going.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
It's certainly curious that a guy like Kane can jump into the lineup and earn ice time, but Knight shouldn't get a pass on production playing with 2 quality players like Lindblad and Florek. Perhaps 1 assist in 12 games was enough to earn a demotion?

I'd have a much easier time buying into the Cassidy conspiracy if Knight produced at even a passable rate.
maybe. What will be interesting when the deal him (shortly?) how he progresses under a different system. If he is a bust then the Bruins knew what they were doing. I know there are teams that will take a shot at him.

Spooner has played 33 NHL games with 0 goals; he has one power play goal in 8 games in Providence that is 1 goal in 44 games; Knight has what 2 in 55. Seguin got that in 20 minutes the other night but then again he was 1 in 27 at the end here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad