OT: 2014-2015 Playoff Push Avatars (Poll Open)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
I think Arrested Development is a terrible idea. It excludes any fans here who aren't familiar with the show, and even though AD has a strong following, it's still kinda underground. If a sizeable amount of us aren't in on the joke, we probably jeopardize that community/fan pride thing that these avatars are supposed to foster.
Anyone who isn't a fan of Arrested Development is a terrible person.

SixGoalieSystem

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2011
Trondheim
I think Arrested Development is a terrible idea. It excludes any fans here who aren't familiar with the show, and even though AD has a strong following, it's still kinda underground. If a sizeable amount of us aren't in on the joke, we probably jeopardize that community/fan pride thing that these avatars are supposed to foster.

The characters in that show are so funny, you don't even have to watch a single episode to get a kick out of it.

No problem with the objection that someone might not get it, but saying things like "jeopardize the community/fan pride thing" kind of seems like taking it a bit too seriously.:)

Last edited:

Don Chytil

Jan 14, 2010
Queens
Save the good ideas for the playoff avatars - for the push we should use Papa John's. Because pizza.

Also I think Arrested Development could be hilarious, but didn't another team's board do that already? I think I remember something Tobias related for the Blues :laugh:

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
024c1833389b469271e2b7ad4d7d50f65639f4dffb5f203af12c13bc9bbdcc46.jpg

Rangerfans

Oct 12, 2008
I was thinking something based on the Rob Lowe commercials. I have no idea what that would look like, but I feel like there's potential.

"Hi, we're the Rangers' 4th line and we're good at hockey. And we're the Rangers' fourth line with Tanner Glass, and we're terrible at hockey."

This is absolutely perfect. Love the Rob Lowe commercials.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
The creepy guy has so many possibilities. As does Rob Lowe and Papa Johns. I know nothing about AD so I can't speak on it. Maybe we will have the poll up later today.

FLY, I like that one.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
I'm not going to vote, because I haven't felt a part of the community since you guys voted bernmeister as funniest poster.

stan the caddy

Sep 27, 2011
If you're gonna do food you should really accentuate the overly fancy and overpriced menu items offered to drunken hockey fans at the garden. Steak frites, sesame crusted ahi tuna, chicken taquito dogs, pork sausage pizzaiolos, bacon jam burgers, lobster shrimp rolls, and gluten free sandwiches are a ******* mockery to the game.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
If you're gonna do food you should really accentuate the overly fancy and overpriced menu items offered to drunken hockey fans at the garden. Steak frites, sesame crusted ahi tuna, chicken taquito dogs, pork sausage pizzaiolos, bacon jam burgers, lobster shrimp rolls, and gluten free sandwiches are a ******* mockery to the game.
okay.

SixGoalieSystem

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2011
Trondheim
For the people with the Arrested Development theme, can you give an example?

What if we combined Papa John's and Tanner Glass?

Edit: I just realized the Glass thread titles are constant ad references. How would we make them into avatars though?

Edit: ok, if we do AD avatars, I call one with a picture of Kreider, then a picture of Jeffrey Tambor captioned "no touching!!" and then a picture of a goalie.

Here is a quick mockup I threw together, just to show the potential concept. Hopefully a more skilled shopper can make something better if we go with these

adavy.gif

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2012
NY
Here is a quick mockup I threw together, just to show the potential concept. Hopefully a more skilled shopper can make something better if we go with these

adavy.gif

:handclap: That's a good one!.

AD has so many running jokes that you can make 12891 avatars for each person on HFNYR.

gary laser eyes

Apr 6, 2007
Papa John's Playoff Push. It has the best ring to it.

I'd save AD or Rob Lowe for the playoffs. A lot more possibilities.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.

Quick, close the poll!

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY

Offering gluten-free sandwiches for those allergic to gluten is a mockery to the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad