OT: 2014-2015 Playoff Push Avatars (Poll Open)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
With the trade deadline rapidly approaching it is time to get our playoff push avatars together. This is simple. Everyone gives their ideas in this thread. They are voted upon. The winning avatar is created into our playoff push 2014-2015 avatars.

For the most part, the members in this board have done a good job about sticking with a theme. If you don't like the one that is picked it isn't like you will be forced to use the avatar. We are not going to have the same debacle that we had last year where a few people call everything stupid because it isn't the avatar they wanted.

Ideas from the past are: Mustache Ride (we cropped Jason Strudwicks mustache on every NYR player), Aliens (giorgio tsoukalos Not gonna say it was aliens but...), Frozen Pizza, Rongos, Pls.

This is supposed to be a fun thing. Lets keep it that way.

With that being said my idea is a Papa Johns theme.

Post up. When we get enough I will put them into a poll. We also need a volunteer to create these.

Ideas so far:

Papa Johns
Arrested Development
Rob Lowe commercials
Creepy Lundqvist guy
Tanner Glass
Goalie Hunter
Kevin Kline

:dunno:

As we get a feel for the options we will narrow it down to the top few for the poll.

Last edited:

we want cup

Apr 12, 2007
NYC
I was thinking something based on the Rob Lowe commercials. I have no idea what that would look like, but I feel like there's potential.

"Hi, we're the Rangers' 4th line and we're good at hockey. And we're the Rangers' fourth line with Tanner Glass, and we're terrible at hockey."

SixGoalieSystem

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2011
Trondheim
I'm game with whatever the majority goes with, but tbh I think the Papa Johns thing is starting to get a little old.

I propose an Arrested Development theme.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I actually think this picture could work, rofl. That's just me though. I'll add options to a poll as we go along then open the poll when everyone has said their piece.

TPMKhAx.jpg

li04Bat.jpg

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
I was thinking something based on the Rob Lowe commercials. I have no idea what that would look like, but I feel like there's potential.

"Hi, we're the Rangers' 4th line and we're good at hockey. And we're the Rangers' fourth line with Tanner Glass, and we're terrible at hockey."

Not gonna lie. Absolutely love this. :laugh:

Could also do a Toffness theme. "Lundqvist takes a puck to the throat and keeps playing... still need more toffness" or something along those lines.

Some of my ideas will suck. Hence why I am in finance/management and not advertising or marketing.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I think we can hybrid Rob Lowe and Creepy Lundqvist guy. He'll be the bad Rob Lowe.

137650088.jpg

Hi I'm Rick Nash and I have DirecTV

eqk8SD96Yq.jpg

And I'm playoff Rick Nash and I have cable

That's basically what mine is now. Add a playoff logo and I think we're in business.

Last edited:

Let Blaine Die

Holden out 4 a hero
Jan 4, 2012
NYC

I really like this. It could really churn out some funny ones. That said, I'd rather keep that for the Playoff Avatars and just use Papa Johns for the Push.

Kel Varnsen

Below: Nash's Heart
Sep 27, 2009
AD, unless we decide to save it for the actual playoffs. Not looking like there is going to be much of a playoff push for anyone in the east this year. There's so much great material to work with with AD.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
AD, unless we decide to save it for the actual playoffs. Not looking like there is going to be much of a playoff push for anyone in the east this year. There's so much great material to work with with AD.

Maybe, but how many of us actually watched AD to even understand what the avatars mean?

Kel Varnsen

Below: Nash's Heart
Sep 27, 2009
Maybe, but how many of us actually watched AD to even understand what the avatars mean?

Everyone should have already watched, but for those that haven't it'll maybe encourage them to do so which would clearly be a good thing in and of itself.

Vidic15*

I'm superstitious. I'd stick with Papa John's. Plus it seems we trolled them all season with the amount of goals we've scored. I don't think they expected it.

McDonagh

Slow it down 30GHz
Mar 8, 2009
I want an avatar of Glass making an easy pass and then the words Tanner Gretzky pop up

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
Maybe add:

Easy Schedule - can't think of many unique avatars for this one.

South Park's fish sticks joke to mock the Islanders. "Gorton's Fish Sticks" guy wearing a Ranger jersey asking if you like fish sticks. Then it will switch to Tavares saying, "I love fish sticks."

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
I think we can hybrid Rob Lowe and Creepy Lundqvist guy. He'll be the bad Rob Lowe.

137650088.jpg

Hi I'm Rick Nash and I have DirecTV

eqk8SD96Yq.jpg

And I'm playoff Rick Nash and I have cable

That's basically what mine is now. Add a playoff logo and I think we're in business.

I removed the NBC logo for you if this is what we're going to use.

JjFDpGd.png

It may need a touch-up.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
For the people with the Arrested Development theme, can you give an example?

What if we combined Papa John's and Tanner Glass?

Edit: I just realized the Glass thread titles are constant ad references. How would we make them into avatars though?

Edit: ok, if we do AD avatars, I call one with a picture of Kreider, then a picture of Jeffrey Tambor captioned "no touching!!" and then a picture of a goalie.

Last edited:

Algernop Kreider

Ant strength
Mar 9, 2014
New York
I like the goalie hunter idea, especially if he has another incident between now and playoff time and/or we face the Habs.

The Glass ideas are solid, but I would hate to do that if by some miracle he's out of the lineup come playoff time. I don't even want to think about him if I don't have to.

Edit: A Papa John's avatar should involve Nash eating copious amounts of Papa John's.

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
I think Arrested Development is a terrible idea. It excludes any fans here who aren't familiar with the show, and even though AD has a strong following, it's still kinda underground. If a sizeable amount of us aren't in on the joke, we probably jeopardize that community/fan pride thing that these avatars are supposed to foster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad