Speculation: 2014 - 2015 New York Rangers :: Roster building / proposal thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zil

Shrug
Feb 9, 2006
Brassard at 5.5 million a year? Is that a joke?

Yeah, that's ridiculous. The number floated for Zuccarello is on the high side, but the Brassard figure is absurd.

Landing Hayes would be awesome though.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
Of course Brass is looking for 5.5.

Slats is probably selling him at 4.

I bet Brass gets signed for 3 years, 4.5~ million. I hope he gets closer to 4.

I lock up Zuke for 5 years at 4.5 right now. If he's seeking 4.5 and will accept 4, you sign him for 5-6 years right now.

Zil

Shrug
Feb 9, 2006
Well Roy , ribiero , Heatley went cheap so stempniak could too

I think they need one more ufa signing

Miller should be 3rd line C. Lombardi shoukd be the 4t line signing w carcillo hopefully back aswell

Roy's declining, Ribeiro has substance issues, and Heatley's done.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
Am I the only one who feels we'd have 2 out of 3 RFA's locked up by now if we didnt sign the eminent disaster Tanner Glass

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Sather rarely has to cave but hes going to have to with Brass and Zucc. Can't not afford to have them on 1 year deals and pending UFA. Just cannot.

Zil

Shrug
Feb 9, 2006
Sather rarely has to cave but hes going to have to with Brass and Zucc. Can't not afford to have them on 1 year deals and pending UFA. Just cannot.

I disagree on Brassard. If he won't settle for $4.5 million AAV or less, then he can walk after this year. He's not that good and hasn't improved in four years. Krejci will be a UFA next year and Kopitar, Stamkos, and O'Reilly follow the year after. Opening the wallet for Brassard would be dumb.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
3 years $4.5/year is more then enough for Brassard.

Sign me up for Zucc at $4.25 for 4 or 5 years.

Kreider deal seems right.

Would love for the Rangers to sign Hayes. Think he goes to Florida or Calgary though.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Am I the only one who feels we'd have 2 out of 3 RFA's locked up by now if we didnt sign the eminent disaster Tanner Glass

Yes you are. Glass is a 4th line pickup and it's not that much money given to the guy. Can we stop crapping on that and let the guy play ?

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
I disagree on Brassard. If he won't settle for $4.5 million AAV or less, then he can walk after this year. He's not that good and hasn't improved in four years. Krejci will be a UFA next year and Kopitar, Stamkos, and O'Reilly follow the year after. Opening the wallet for Brassard would be dumb.

Yep. Anything more than 4.5 for Brass is bad.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Yep. Anything more than 4.5 for Brass is bad.
Sign Zucc (3,6), Kreider (2,2) and J Moore (1,15)
Sign and trade Brass + Kristo/pick/prospect to Calgary for Backlund & Raymond
Sign Carter & Carbomb
Have Miller & Lombardi fight for The 3C position
One million in space left
Sign Hayes for a midseason callup
Drop The puck

Kreider - Step - MSL
Zucc - Backlund - Nash
Raymond - Miller/Lombardi - Hagelin
Glass - Moore - Carter
Carbomb

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle

The amount of cap space we have shouldn't affect much how much we pay our RFAs.

There's a price there, and a limit to what we should give each.

While I don't agree much with the Glass signing, I think we have enough cap to give our guys what they should get at this stage.

Glass affects our potential for signing any UFAs (including next season since it's a 2yr deal) but not much.

Championship*

This is probably the most hilariously childish piece of Glass complaining yet. Congratulations.

Elevate

May 30, 2014
People are a bit quick to judge Glass honestly. Sure, he isn't Datsyuk but he has got a lot of hits and blocks on record. Could be pretty good on the PK. B. Boyle weren't exactly a magician with the puck either, he looked completely lost in the offensive zone most of the time. Hopefully we can get a 4th line RW who actually has some hockey sense though.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
People are a bit quick to judge Glass honestly. Sure, he isn't Datsyuk but he has got a lot of hits and blocks on record. Could be pretty good on the PK. B. Boyle weren't exactly a magician with the puck either, he looked completely lost in the offensive zone most of the time. Hopefully we can get a 4th line RW who actually has some hockey sense though.

If it looks like a turd, smells like a turd and in general has all the characteristics of a turd, chances are it's a freaking turd.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
This is probably the most hilariously childish piece of Glass complaining yet. Congratulations.

The point was that its 1.4, allocated of cap space, in an already ass tight cap where we have a number of free agents to sign and a LW slot to fill, cap which we used on a player this entire forum (more or less) agree is absolute garbage.

I'd rather have that cap space free to get the signings done and rather fill the 4th line roster spot with prospects from Hartford, rather than overpaying Glass by the power of infinity.

I dont think you have any clue what childish means, but whatever floats your boat

Championship*

The point was that its 1.4, allocated of cap space, in an already ass tight cap where we have a number of free agents to sign and a LW slot to fill, cap which we used on a player this entire forum (more or less) agree is absolute garbage.

I'd rather have that cap space free to get the signings done and rather fill the 4th line roster spot with prospects from Hartford, rather than overpaying Glass by the power of infinity.

I dont think you have any clue what childish means, but whatever floats your boat

Tanner Glass couldn't have any less to do with RFA signings. Nothing.

Fletch

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn
Visit site

No. If Glass was not signed they'd sign a guy for a few hundred k less anyways. Think that's the amount that separates Sather from two RFAs? Further, should Sather, as a GM, pay a guy what he feels they're worth or should he pay more because he has the cap space? And the contracts he signs today have implications for years to come. In any event, this is what Sather does with RFAs. It was going to happen, Glass or not.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
so Kevin Hayes on the Rangers radar. Played with Kreider............call him up immediately Chris

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
I expect 2 more UFA SIGNINGS coming for The NYR - after The smoke has cleared on the RFA front next week. We need more NHL depth but with limited space left we need to go about this in a certain order based on monetary constraints.

Kreider - Step - MSL
Zucc - Brass - Nash
Hags - Lombardi/Miller - UFA #1 (one of Stempniak, Penner, Booth, Winnick, Setoguchi or P Mueller - signed for cheap)
Glass - Moore - UFA #2 (one of Car bomb/Carter signed for under $925 k)

I thereafter (camp or start of season) see a minor trade done to uppgrade The fwd depth
Or a sleuth Sather waiver pickup
Kids like Fast, Lindberg, Hrivik, Kristo and Haggerty will then have to earn a spot on The team
The Bourque brothers, Tarnasky and Mueller also possible injury CALLUP options
Duclair (barring a miracle) goes back to juniors
Would like to see us sign Hayes as well

Wuld be OK with this. It's not great, but it's not nearly as bad as everyone makes it out to be.

Latest from Brooks.

Rangers to be in on Hayes.

Sweet, lets go.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad