Speculation: 2014 - 2015 New York Rangers :: Roster building / proposal thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zuccarello Awesome*

I'm pretty sure I've seen him post about getting Eberle to be our 1C a few times now

False.

Hes just as bad as bern

Just don't understand the use of fantasy land proposals and rosters

Its not fun, its stupid

I'm having fun.

Posting the same lineups with J.T. Miller centering St. Louis and calling that our 2nd line is not fun.

Zuccarello Awesome*

I think MAYBE Kreider goes to arbitration.. the other 2 will be signed for sure IMO.

No way Kreider goes to arbitration IMO.

The only one who might go to arbitration is Brassard, IMO.

Kreider gets a 2-year bridge deal between 2.25 and 2.75 million per.

Zuccarello likely gets a 3-4 year deal a little less than ~4 per.

Brassard will get ~4 per for ~3 years unless he goes to arbitration.

Zuccarello Awesome*

Personally I think it will be Booth instead, or nobody. Penner is too (probably) slow, and Stempniak is a right wing.

Agreed on all points. It'll either be Booth or they're really confident that one of Kristo/Haggerty/Fast will steal the show in camp and earn the spot, despite the fact that we're already icing a rookie on that line (Miller/Lindberg).

Wolfy*

No way Kreider goes to arbitration IMO.

The only one who might go to arbitration is Brassard, IMO.

Kreider gets a 2-year bridge deal between 2.25 and 2.75 million per.

Zuccarello likely gets a 3-4 year deal a little less than ~4 per.

Brassard will get ~4 per for ~3 years unless he goes to arbitration.

I don't think he'll accept anything less than 4, why shouldn't the guy get paid what he's worth? Then he'll earn more going to arbitration, and if he continues his production, can easily sign 5X5 next year as a UFA somewhere else. **** the Rangers cap, that's not his problem.

NYRCSKA*

McBain is still a FA. I know he was awful on Buffalo, but I mean nobody did well there. Does it make any sense bringing him in at all.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
False.

I'm having fun.

Posting the same lineups with J.T. Miller centering St. Louis and calling that our 2nd line is not fun.

Ok well you've traded our 2nd best defenseman and our best center for a non center and a winger who has struggled to live up to his potential.

Fail to see how that makes us better, in fact it opens up 2 holes and while improving wing depth.

We're a much worse team with that trade.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
We need to load up the top 2 lines now

MSL Stepan Nash
CK Brassard MZA
Hagelin Lombardi Miller
Glass Moore Fast
Carcillo hopefully as the 13

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
Stepan is not a no 1 center... YET!

Claude Giroux:

Age 22 - 42gm, 34p
Age 23 - 82gm, 47p
Age 24 - 77gm, 93p
Age 25 - 48gm, 48p
Age 26 - 82gm, 86p

Derek Stepan:

Age 20 - 82gm, 45p
Age 21 - 82gm, 51p
Age 22 - 48gm, 44p
Age 23 - 82gm, 57p

Derek Stepan is now scoring better than Claude Giroux at the same age. Some people need to realize a 24-year old center still has time to develop. When Giroux played as a 24-year old, he had his break-out year with 93 points. I am not saying Stepan will have the same amount of points, but it's possible. So far, he's following a similar path. Give him time.

Giroux scored 76 points the year he turned 23 in 2010-11.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
One distinction between Giroux and Stepan statistically might be their playoff numbers as their careers progressed. People could see Giroux's breakout coming a mile away, which made Richards and Carter all the more expendable.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
I expect 2 more UFA SIGNINGS coming for The NYR - after The smoke has cleared on the RFA front next week. We need more NHL depth but with limited space left we need to go about this in a certain order based on monetary constraints.

Kreider - Step - MSL
Zucc - Brass - Nash
Hags - Lombardi/Miller - UFA #1 (one of Stempniak, Penner, Booth, Winnick, Setoguchi or P Mueller - signed for cheap)
Glass - Moore - UFA #2 (one of Car bomb/Carter signed for under $925 k)

I thereafter (camp or start of season) see a minor trade done to uppgrade The fwd depth
Or a sleuth Sather waiver pickup
Kids like Fast, Lindberg, Hrivik, Kristo and Haggerty will then have to earn a spot on The team
The Bourque brothers, Tarnasky and Mueller also possible injury CALLUP options
Duclair (barring a miracle) goes back to juniors
Would like to see us sign Hayes as well

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
McBain is still a FA. I know he was awful on Buffalo, but I mean nobody did well there. Does it make any sense bringing him in at all.

He has history with Mac Truck and Step from their Wisconsin days, but the book on McBain is that he's sssofffffffttt.

Rangers don't need more defensemen, and there is a reason why he hasn't been gobbled up.

Zil

Shrug
Feb 9, 2006
I thought about that. I thought he might be an interesting fill-in for Pouliot, but my concern is his injury history. If he can come in and put up something in the 30-40 range, I'd be happy.

Unless Stempniak takes a pay cut, we're not going to get anyone for the money we have left who can chip in that kind of offense without an injury history.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
I know it'll never happen but Stempniak on Brassard/Zucc's wing will be sweeeeeet.

Booth is nice, I guess. Don't like his game. And he's ALWAYS hurt. Meh.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Unless Stempniak takes a pay cut, we're not going to get anyone for the money we have left who can chip in that kind of offense without an injury history.

Well Roy , ribiero , Heatley went cheap so stempniak could too

I think they need one more ufa signing

Miller should be 3rd line C. Lombardi shoukd be the 4t line signing w carcillo hopefully back aswell

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Latest from Brooks.

Rangers to be in on Hayes.

The Rangers have targeted pending free-agent winger Kevin Hayes, the 22-year-old Boston College graduate who was selected 24th overall by the Blackhawks in the 2010 Entry Draft, but who will be eligible to hit the open market on Aug. 16 if he does not sign with Chicago by Aug. 15, The Post has learned.

Hayes, who is continuing to negotiate with the Blackhawks, is expected to be pursued by numerous NHL clubs. Several industry sources report they believe the Rangers will be among a handful of finalists in the bidding for the 6-foot-3, 205-pound left-handed shooting right wing, who played two seasons with Chris Kreider, should he become a free agent.

Brooks on what the RFA's want.

Kreider, whose hearing is scheduled for July 23, will get a two-year award that likely will fall in the range of $2.1 million-$2.5 million per season, even as the parties attempt to avoid arbitration by nailing down a two-year contract prior to the hearing.

Zuccarello, who would likely be in the $3.7 million-$4 million arbitration range off his club-leading 59-point season (19-40), is believed seeking a multi-year deal for at least $4.5 million per. Brassard, who would likely be in the $4.5 million-$4.75 million arbitration range off his 45-point (17-28) year, is believed to be looking for a long-term deal worth approximately $5.5 million per.

http://nypost.com/2014/07/17/boston-college-graduate-kevin-hayes-on-rangers-radar/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad