Speculation: 2014 - 2015 New York Rangers :: Roster Building / Proposal Thread Part XV

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Which one scored 59 points in 77 games last season while the other had 45 in 80? Which is better defensively and possession wise?

Which one is doing it on the 1st line this year?.. Which one has struggled on the 1st line producing points this year?

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
I can't believe Ranger fans actually think Zucc is more important than Brassard.. absurd.

You want to let Hagelin go? fine.. MSL? fine..

but still paying him more than BRassard is a bad idea.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Funny how several of us saying trade Girardi because money doesn't match play/cause cap issues is immediately followed by "we can't pay Zucc that"

See how that works?

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Tougher job. Tougher role.

Zuccarello could never do what Brassard does at the center position.

Thankfully he doesn't have to.

Is there any center in the NHL who is 5'7" on skates? I doubt it.

We have more wing depth, but Zucc is still a very important part of our offense. He plays better defense than Brassard and I'd say that the two are fairly comparable offensively.

That being said, I doubt that he gets a Brassard contract.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
He really has.. He got going again when he was moved down to the 3rd line, then kept it going when he was put back with Nash and Brassard.

Yet his ES point rate is almost exactly the same as last year.

Weird.

Tougher job. Tougher role.

Zuccarello could never do what Brassard does at the center position.

I too love hypothetical situations that can't/have never happened to prove a point.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Can you prove that he's struggled?

From December 27th to the end of January, he had 6 points in 15 games playing with Rick freaking Nash. Possession is great, but on the 1st line you better be producing.. especially if your asking for more money than the center you're playing with.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Thankfully he doesn't have to.

Is there any center in the NHL who is 5'7" on skates? I doubt it.

We have more wing depth, but Zucc is still a very important part of our offense. He plays better defense than Brassard and I'd say that the two are fairly comparable offensively.

That being said, I doubt that he gets a Brassard contract.

Like I said, he probably "plays better defense" than Brassard because hes got an easier job. We do agree that he won't get $5M a year -- aka Brassard's value. So Im not sure what the point is here.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
From December 27th to the end of January, he had 6 points in 15 games playing with Rick freaking Nash. Possession is great, but on the 1st line you better be producing.. especially if your asking for more money than the center you're playing with.

Thank god hockey is 82 games, and not one stretch from late December to January.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Couldn't I say the same for you? You're essentially saying "you don't make good analysis because yours doesn't match up with mine". But I wouldn't say that of you because that might not be true. And I don't care what the rest of HFNYR think of him, because their more common approach towards Girardi doesn't invalidate mine, or poke any holes in it. I'd love to hear counter arguments and have a discussion about it, it just usually boils down to "He's a warrior!" or "tough assignments!!!@!111!", and they aren't worth my time.

I actually did say my opinion isn't that valuable to a discussion about Girardi. I realize that its not because Girardi is my favorite Ranger. I'm not objective about him, but I have seen that most of HFNYR seems to think he's had a good season.

Yes, I know some members of HF seem to think certain players are exempt from advanced stats while they laugh at how bad Glass' are, are these the people who's opinions I'm supposed to value more than mine?

Huh? I'm just saying there are certain players that don't ever have good advanced stats, but are generally considered good players. Glass isn't a good player by the eye test or the advanced stats.

I'm also not saying value their opinion more than yours, but I think what the majority believes is likely closer to the truth, so when the majority thinks Girardi has had a good season, thats closer to reality.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Thank god hockey is 82 games, and not one stretch from late December to January.

The point is he didn't get going until he was moved down to the 3rd line and so far he's continued it playing with Nash and Brassard, so far.. Last year he was on the "3rd line" yes they were probably our best line but they weren't playing against tougher competition like he's been doing this year..

I want Zucc to stay I think he's an important piece, but being paid the same or more than Brassard is assanine.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Zucc can walk at 5M per season. I'll take my chances with re-signing MSL at a lower price and then letting some of our younger wingers have a chance to play next season.

I'm perfectly fine with our wing depth without Zucc. Nash, Kreider and MSL are legitimate top 6 wingers. Duclair and Buchnevich will probably be top 6 wingers in a few seasons. Hagelin and Miller are good enough middle 6 wingers.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
The point is he didn't get going until he was moved down to the 3rd line and so far he's continued it playing with Nash and Brassard, so far.. Last year he was on the "3rd line" yes they were probably our best line but they weren't playing against tougher competition like he's been doing this year..

I want Zucc to stay I think he's an important piece, but being paid the same or more than Brassard is assanine.

So why exactly is his ES rate almost the exact same if this newer hard competition is taking it's toll on him? That's all I want to know.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Zucc is a much better player than Brassard.

you're certainly entitled to your opinion.. I disagree. Brassard is also much more important.

as I said I want Zucc back, but Brassard is more important to us and we can't pay Zucc more

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
How phenomenally irrelevant to this discussion.

Throwing Brassard's value at the center position out the window in a comparison of Zuccarello and Brassard and their monetary value is whats irrelevant to the discussion. Think of my last post as a jab at your overall ignorance to the defensive side of the puck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad