Speculation: 2014 - 2015 New York Rangers :: Roster Building / Proposal Thread Part XV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
If you are going to trade Girardi, you need to get someone back who's going to play the same role that he's been playing, and I don't really think that type of trade is out there. You can't be going with three #4/#5 defenseman on your right side.

Well, yes and no. I'm not an advocate of trading Girardi right now, because I don't believe this kind of deal would happen. But I also don't think highly of him and think there are better options that aren't impossible to obtain.

Well, I don't really think you are a good judge of his play since you usually seem to think less of his play than other people. I'm probably not as well because I usually think more of his play than other people. The middle-ground is the rest of the fans in the mid-season grades thread, which wasn't too long ago. The majority of the fans gave him a good grade. And I think we all already know his advanced stats aren't good. Thats not been the argument for why he's been good.

Couldn't I say the same for you? You're essentially saying "you don't make good analysis because yours doesn't match up with mine". But I wouldn't say that of you because that might not be true. And I don't care what the rest of HFNYR think of him, because their more common approach towards Girardi doesn't invalidate mine, or poke any holes in it. I'd love to hear counter arguments and have a discussion about it, it just usually boils down to "He's a warrior!" or "tough assignments!!!@!111!", and they aren't worth my time.

Yes, I know some members of HF seem to think certain players are exempt from advanced stats while they laugh at how bad Glass' are, are these the people who's opinions I'm supposed to value more than mine?

Who says Girardi's among the most important? I'd argue Stepan, Nash, McDonagh, Hank and Brassard are the five most important players on the team.

I would think the player that plays on your top d-pair and plays the 2nd most minutes on the team is pretty important.

Not sure what one thing has to do with the other.

Have a hard time believing we can pay Zucc 5 million and keep MSL.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Brassard is a center so there's that.

Zucc has been good at times and a non factor at others, in fact for a good portion of this season. He's small and while he hits anything and isn't scared I don't value that to 5+/per.

No F-in way.

What are we going to do pay him and everyone else north of 5M?????

Math is a *****.

No, you find a way to keep him, whether that means Klein gets traded and replaced by Mcilrath to save a few mill or Hagelin gets traded in the off season. There's other guys who are more replaceable than Zucc who the Rangers can also get assets for to keep him here.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Brassard has a harder job.

Not sure if I agree. Zuccarello goes more into the dirty areas of the ice, forechecks like a hound against other defenders, works the boards better and generally does more of the defensive heavy lifting on whichever line he is on. To me, he is a way more valuable player to have moving forward, which is why I have no hesitation in signing him to that deal (if it were up to me).

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
No, you find a way to keep him, whether that means Klein gets traded and replaced by Mcilrath to save a few mill or Hagelin gets traded in the off season. There's other guys who are more replaceable than Zucc who the Rangers can also get assets for to keep him here.

Yes, MZA wants 5M, you bite your pride and pony up. That's business--Slats would tell you. He starts talking 6, that's where you say get it or get lost.

KOVALEV022473

Feb 24, 2014
Tomkins Cove, NY
Where's he tweet with 5 mil number? I can't find it. All I found was the tweet RB Posted above. I can't see Zuccarello demanding 5 especially with the season he's been having.

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
As flat a season as he's had, he showing what he can do in the last few weeks. That's a big bargaining chip, like it or not, even if he regresses. Pouliot-factor.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
He's been pretty much the same guy at even strength this season he was last. Only difference is the PP.

For real.

For all the **** he's gotten this year, he's playing the same at ES. Just not getting the PP results.

Honestly, letting him go would be unforgivable.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Dreger’s complete comment on Zuccarello was, “well, Newport Sports reps Mats Zuccarello and the entourage was in Manhattan talking with the Rangers. Obviously Mats Zuccarello would be prime on their agenda and on their list of things to get done. This isn’t going to get done in season but Ranger fans shouldn’t be worried about Zuccarello being traded between now and March 2nd, he is too important to the team.â€

Dreger added, “tough negotiation ahead, the Rangers are a cap team and how to do they fit him under the cap? He is going to want better than $5 million per year. The Rangers are probably comfortable on a five-year term but he might want more than that. There is a lot of heavy lifting ahead for Glen Sather and the management team of the Rangers.â€

http://snyrangersblog.com/2014-15/2...s-going-to-want-more-than-5-million-per-year/

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
So he THINKS he's wants more than 5M a year... that's all this is.. his opinion.. nothing from Zucc here.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Zucc had like 5 more points at this point of the season last year.

And Marty has taken his powerplay spot. That's the missing production.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Bottom line here.. Rangers without BRassard would be a worse team than the Rangers without Zuccarello, we have wing depth, who's your 2nd line center?

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle

Klein??? Are you serious?

Guy has a great contract and has been amazing. He single handedly won 4-5 games for us this yr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad