Speculation: 2014 - 2015 New York Rangers :: Roster Building / Proposal Thread Part XV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radek27

May 19, 2004
NJ
Love that trade for Nashville, that defense has to be the best in the league now and with a solid goalie behind it too.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
With Hayes recent emergence, Vermette doesn't make too much sense unless people want a HOLY **** SUPER DUPER RIDICULOUS fourth line of Moore-Vermette-Fast. Otherwise I'd go for a more under the radar option. Bergenheim is a good one.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I would rather give a 2nd + McIlrath for Petry and Gordon than Vermette. I think that should be enough to get both.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
With Hayes recent emergence, Vermette doesn't make too much sense unless people want a HOLY **** SUPER DUPER RIDICULOUS fourth line of Moore-Vermette-Fast. Otherwise I'd go for a more under the radar option. Bergenheim is a good one.

Hayes has been damn near dominant the past five games, but there's a large difference between games 50-54 against Nash, Dal, Tor, Col, and Ari and games 83-100 against the likes of NYI, PIT, WAS, TB, DET, etc...

Especially for a kid who with every game logs a new career high in single season games played...

So, the good thing about Vermette is, that if Hayes keeps it up, AV can be his winger. But, if Hayes starts to falter, Vermette can play 3C better than anyone on the roster or in the system. And, if god forbid, Stepan or Brass go down, I'd rather have Vermette in the top-6 than Hayes. Or, Hayes in the top-6, and AV stepping in at 3C.

He's depth, insurance, and a good player all wrapped in one.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
The idea of the d pipeline without McIlrath is pretty bleak IMO.

Not sure I want to make that a reality for Vermette when Hayes is playing so well.

Jan 8, 2012
NY

This. I want Bergenheim. I think a fourth line of Bergenheim-Moore-Fast will be awesome at forechecking and possession, and Moore and Bergenheim have some good playoff chemistry from their Tampa Bay days.

I would also look to add a defenseman. Moore and Hunwick scare me a little. Methot might cost too much, but someone like him. Any 5-6th defensemen coming up on UFA status this summer?

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
I would rather give a 2nd + McIlrath for Petry and Gordon than Vermette. I think that should be enough to get both.

Petry is a solid player but there's not room for him in the lineup, whether you think he's better than other right handers we have or not. And the team isn't going to put a righty defenseman on their offside now that they have a balanced group handedness wise.

cd211

Feb 6, 2010
New York, NY
i doubt McIrath is moved come on guys really??

Allen, Brodie, kristo, Hvrik, are the type of prospects moved.. maybe even Lindberg

if we were trading for something long term then fine, but i doubt it.. McIrath is finally healthy and playing no way we give up on him after 2.5 years of injury after injury.. His value probably isnt that high..

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Eller isn't a rental though. As has been stated multiple times, we have all sorts of cap issues this summer to keep the existing team.

He doesn't make very much, and if anything he could be re-flipped in the summer for either cap space or another player.

Doubt Montreal would trade him here anyway.

Radek27

May 19, 2004
NJ
The idea of the d pipeline without McIlrath is pretty bleak IMO.

Not sure I want to make that a reality for Vermette when Hayes is playing so well.

At the end of the day management has to decide if this guy is going to be able to stick next season. If they don't believe he can be in the top 7 they should trade him at the deadline.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I am hoping the Rangers can grab a player who has some time left with the original team Jolson some cap hit. The Blackhawks did it last year with Versteeg

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Will Vermette make us that much better?

theoretically? hell yes he would.

Nash-Brass-Zucc
Kreider-stepan-MSL
Hagelins-Vermette-Hayes
Miller-Moore-Fast.

also gives us depth in case we were to lose one of our centers God forbid because he can also play a top 6 role.

The question is, will he have the same chemistry as the 3rd line does right now

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
3.5/yr IIRC.

I think the NYR are looking for a true rental.

Well, there was interest in Hanzal who is signed past this year at a similar cap hit.

I don't think Eller is a super realistic target, more on my personal wish list than anything. Don't really see why Montreal would be moving him anyway, they lack size in all areas and Eller is a solid player with size. Apparently, though, he's available.

Hopefully they trade him for some finesse right winger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad