Salary Cap: 2014 - 2015 New York Rangers :: Roster building / proposal thread Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
actually i understand that lindberg is good at faceoffs. maybe bringing him up is the only move needed. at least with the forwards.

I don't think AV would be comfortable with another rookie in the lineup--especially moving into the playoffs.

However, if Miller can mesh with Hagelin and Hayes, he could take some faceoffs.

Kokoschka

May 13, 2012
Having discussions about making Stempniak our 13th forward shows me two things: a) the Rangers are crazy deep on the wings. b) Some of my fellow fans are crazy.

Stempniak has made a career out of being a 2nd-3rd line tweener with good defense. I agree, he hasn't looked great the last 5 or so games, but he has been very good at the start of the season. We know how long it took everyone to get AVs system last year. When we added MSL he was struggling to get in the groove for the remainder of the season, and then he started to somewhat fit in when the Playoffs started.

I'd give Stemp some more games before healthy scratching him regularly, but then again, I'm the patient type. He's a luxury to have at the 4th line.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Having discussions about making Stempniak our 13th forward shows me two things: a) the Rangers are crazy deep on the wings. b) Some of my fellow fans are crazy.

Stempniak has made a career out of being a 2nd-3rd line tweener with good defense. I agree, he hasn't looked great the last 5 or so games, but he has been very good at the start of the season. We know how long it took everyone to get AVs system last year. When we added MSL he was struggling to get in the groove for the remainder of the season, and then he started to somewhat fit in when the Playoffs started.

I'd give Stemp some more games before healthy scratching him regularly, but then again, I'm the patient type. He's a luxury to have at the 4th line.

Yea stempniak should play . 4th line means this teams deep and doing well cause Hayes and miller are regulars . I like moore w fast on 4th line. Glass spare

I think they deal j.moore w Allen in the minors . Likely a rental and next yr resign hunwick to Compete w Allen and skjei in minors . Sign Staal now

Kokoschka

May 13, 2012
a big plus of most of our wingers (I'd even argue for everyone of them except Kreider, he appears as if he needs to be put in the right spot) is you can move them up and down the line-up without problems. Any of them can contribute in many different ways, so once someone doesn't click with Stepan or Brassard, you just put another winger in those spots.

The concept of 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th line doesn't work for the Rangers. We have 3 very balanced lines and a 4th line which provides great defense. I'm really in love with our forward group. We have come a long way since the Tortorella days. Stu Bickel playing the 4th line is a distant memory.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
a big plus of most of our wingers (I'd even argue for everyone of them except Kreider, he appears as if he needs to be put in the right spot) is you can move them up and down the line-up without problems. Any of them can contribute in many different ways, so once someone doesn't click with Stepan or Brassard, you just put another winger in those spots.

The concept of 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th line doesn't work for the Rangers. We have 3 very balanced lines and a 4th line which provides great defense. I'm really in love with our forward group. We have come a long way since the Tortorella days. Stu Bickel playing the 4th line is a distant memory.

I strongly believe this group of forwards would be severely misused by Tortorella due to his inept ability to develop an offensive system.

BarbaraAlphanse

Staal (extends), McIlrath, Duclair for Faulk & Nash. Who says no?

Purely for discussion purposes.

BarbaraAlphanse

Justin Faulk is a beast... i dont know if they move him though

Yup, but the Rangers overpay to get him. It helps relieve cap, considering that they'd probably be able to move Boyle afterwards too and get even younger on the blue line.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012

I agree. I like the versatility of this group. There is a ton of depth.

If there is an option to directly upgrade Stempniak, then you do so, but otherwise it makes no sense in trading him given the value he has on this team

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Yup, but the Rangers overpay to get him. It helps relieve cap, considering that they'd probably be able to move Boyle afterwards too and get even younger on the blue line.

I would not send Duclair... It think that is too high of a cost.

I'd prefer to have Faulk BEHIND Staal for the playoffs then move Moore for another shut down type guy.

McD-G
Moore Trade for Shutdown Player-Boyle
Faulk-Klein

I still think its mpre reasonable to do that with Sekera though given his low cap hit THIS year

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Faulk for Staal would get denied by the Rangers and U want to throw in DuClair?!

This board is ridiculous with how badly it underrates Marc Staal. Dmen like him don't grow on trees

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
There isn't a single GM in the league who wouldn't trade Staal for Faulk :laugh:

RH 2 way D-men who can hammer the hell out of a puck under the age of 25 are more rare than declining LH "shut down" d men.

Carolina isn't moving Faulk regardless.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Faulk for Staal would get denied by the Rangers and U want to throw in DuClair?!

This board is ridiculous with how badly it underrates Marc Staal. Dmen like him don't grow on trees

While the bold is true, shoe on the other foot, CAR wants top overpay for Faulk.

Ordinarily their main target would be Stepan who is not extended, unlike Faulk.

So taking into account people w/NMCs not moving to CAR, that leaves
Brassard
Bichnevich
Duclair
J Moore
D prospect Brodie
and our two 2015 2nds

for
Faulk
CAR 2015 1st (protected only if Canes do 1-2 slots, in which case substitute 2016 1st, otherwise, 2015 1st)

Kreider Hayes - Fast
Zuc - Stepan - Nash
Hags- Miller - MSL
Stemp - DMoore - McIlrath

Rangers should trade Girardi to Detroit (which he might consider to waive for) for a massive overpayment.

that leaves D
McD - Faulk
Staal - Boyle reinforced by Klein
Allen - Klein reinforced by McIlrath and Allen

lose Glass start finding out about McIlrath who becomes our enforcer

plus we get that nice 2015 1st

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Marc Staal is going nowhere people you've got absolutely no one behind mcdonagh except a college kid that hasn't played a pro game. This is a guy who has been in the wars shuts down crosby is a respected leader and top shutdown dman in the league. He wants 6 mil Rangers are at 5.25 it's going to get done. We can't afford for it not too

I'm not concerned he'll be re-signed soon

ArPanet

May 3, 2012
NBA style trades never happen in the NHL. What purpose does this thinking serve ?

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
While the bold is true, shoe on the other foot, CAR wants top overpay for Faulk.

Ordinarily their main target would be Stepan who is not extended, unlike Faulk.

So taking into account people w/NMCs not moving to CAR, that leaves
Brassard
Bichnevich
Duclair
J Moore
D prospect Brodie
and our two 2015 2nds

for
Faulk
CAR 2015 1st (protected only if Canes do 1-2 slots, in which case substitute 2016 1st, otherwise, 2015 1st)

Kreider Hayes - Fast
Zuc - Stepan - Nash
Hags- Miller - MSL
Stemp - DMoore - McIlrath

Rangers should trade Girardi to Detroit (which he might consider to waive for) for a massive overpayment.

that leaves D
McD - Faulk
Staal - Boyle reinforced by Klein
Allen - Klein reinforced by McIlrath and Allen

lose Glass start finding out about McIlrath who becomes our enforcer

plus we get that nice 2015 1st

Really out top 2 forward prospects, our almost PPG center, and 2 seconds? :laugh: You never fail to entertain. :laugh:

Evil Sather

YOU KILL THE JOE
Jun 27, 2003
YOU MAKE SOME MO
Visit site
Rangers don't have a combination of assets in the entire org to get Faulk, let alone the 9-19 Canes 1st this coming year.

Why put these 2 quarters, 4 nickels, and a penny for two dollars trades together? Just fire up NHL15.

Delusional.

Marc Staal is a nice 2nd pairing defenseman. Let's not go too crazy about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad