Salary Cap: 2014 - 2015 New York Rangers :: Roster building / proposal thread Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
plus McIlrath on forward?

Bern, are you 5 years old or something? What the hell is this proposal

Hayes and Fast are first liners now too. :laugh:

At least he's not trading Stepan anymore.

The funny thing is, he probably thinks we're just morons that don't understand his outside the box thinking. :laugh:

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Having discussions about making Stempniak our 13th forward shows me two things: a) the Rangers are crazy deep on the wings. b) Some of my fellow fans are crazy.

Stempniak has made a career out of being a 2nd-3rd line tweener with good defense. I agree, he hasn't looked great the last 5 or so games, but he has been very good at the start of the season. We know how long it took everyone to get AVs system last year. When we added MSL he was struggling to get in the groove for the remainder of the season, and then he started to somewhat fit in when the Playoffs started.

I'd give Stemp some more games before healthy scratching him regularly, but then again, I'm the patient type. He's a luxury to have at the 4th line.

Completely agree. Stempniak is essentially this rental player that the Rangers were able to get for a full season.
Fans should understand that everyone should be at their best in order for a team to make a deep play-off run. Our current roster is good enough as is IMHO and the only impactful trades I can see this organization to pursue would be to address 2015 salary cap issues. There are multiple perspectives but I think the Rangers will choose to sign Staal long term and therefore will lose either Hags or Zuke. When or how I don't know but it will be damn hard to address 2015 salary cap without undermining going for it this year and vice versa.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I liked Viper's out of the box post on page 37 until he started to include Caps and Kings which undermined his original premise of why the Rangers shouldn't compete (and therefore overpay) against a large number of other teams. There will be competition because a lot of teams will consider themselves in it and therefore buyers for the play-off push.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Hayes and Fast are first liners now too. :laugh:

At least he's not trading Stepan anymore.

The funny thing is, he probably thinks we're just morons that don't understand his outside the box thinking. :laugh:

i know he does... he's repeatedly said that "He understands this team in a way that is different than most others on this board", and how he "upgrades and replaces" in every single one of his trade proposals. He also insists that we get "cheaper, younger, and more talented".... the latter which I cannot seem to wrap my head around since 8 of our 12 forwards are 27 or younger (the oldest being Zucc and Brass at 27 YO). The other 4 are Nash (30), Stempniak (31), Dominic Moore (34), and St. Louis (38)...

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
i know he does... he's repeatedly said that "He understands this team in a way that is different than most others on this board", and how he "upgrades and replaces" in every single one of his trade proposals. He also insists that we get "cheaper, younger, and more talented".... the latter which I cannot seem to wrap my head around since 8 of our 12 forwards are 27 or younger (the oldest being Zucc and Brass at 27 YO). The other 4 are Nash (30), Stempniak (31), Dominic Moore (34), and St. Louis (38)...

What's amazing is that not one of his trades came to be, but the pseudo-hit he had in thinking that Kreider will be good, he still brags about. All of the stuff that never came to be he forgets.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
What's amazing is that not one of his trades came to be, but the pseudo-hit he had in thinking that Kreider will be good, he still brags about. All of the stuff that never came to be he forgets.

yeah, i guess if I'm not gutting the farm for prospects who haven't played NHL games, then I'm doing it wrong

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
And Staal, Girardi, and Klein for Seth Jones.

Carolina wants a 1st and top prospect for Sekera. No way they'll get it, but they're setting the bar high.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
And Staal, Girardi, and Klein for Seth Jones.

Carolina wants a 1st and top prospect for Sekera. No way they'll get it, but they're setting the bar high.

so a 2nd and 2 x middling prospects should do it? I think they're looking for young players over picks... just a gut feeling

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Its Eklund so I dont buy it for one second but I would be willing to part with the following to get a monster powerfoward star who only just turned 23 last month.....

To Oilers:
- Marc Staal
- Chris Kreider
- 2nd round pick

To Rangers:
- Taylor Hall
- Bottom Pair Dman

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
The rumor from that link would be a steal for us but we do not have a 2015 1st round pick. Our pick is likely to be around 15-22 so its chump change compared to Hall who is only 23 years old.

wolfgaze

Interesting Cat
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2006
Earth
NYR were probably only mentioned to garner website hits from a large-market fanbase...

Sather would know that Marc Staal as an impending UFA would not have any significant value to a bottom feeder team. He would never re-sign there and Edmonton knows that. So this proposal is a joke as written (unless that 'other player' is Stepan or McDonagh)....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad