2014 - 2015 Coyotes Roster Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

drgregg

SLAP CHOP
Jun 7, 2012
as seen on TV
Roster part 8 is starting with a bang!

Rabbit's post had me in tears, trying to do the silent laugh at work; the sandwich was the cherry on top.

Now a fight about the relative merits of Ference, I can't even.

This season I have watched the least about of games in recent memory. I want to tank, but it feels so unnatural to pull for a loss; I just come away feeling unsatisfied with either result.
I am actually concerned about centre for next year. Vermette will be gone, and even if he stays is no solution. I honestly don't know what Maloney is going to do to turn this bus around.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I root for losses between games. During games I want wins. I want to see behaviors develop that will lead to a huge win streak. For these guys to make me eat crow. I root hardest for the guys I bag on the worst. In games. They never help me out. I root for losses between. Works for me. Haha. :)

drgregg

SLAP CHOP
Jun 7, 2012
as seen on TV
Would it be better if I included a Sam Gagner for Keith Yandle trade idea?

That would feel more like hf, but I FAR prefer the insightful and well informed tone that you always go with instead.

An hbk post is always a worthwhile read.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
I root for losses between games. During games I want wins. I want to see behaviors develop that will lead to a huge win streak. For these guys to make me eat crow. I root hardest for the guys I bag on the worst. In games. :)

I won't go that far, haha, but I do have the same general mindset. I cheer for the Yotes to show up and dominate every game. But I expect us to lose, one way or another.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
That would feel more like hf, but I FAR prefer the insightful and well informed tone that you always go with instead.

An hbk post is always a worthwhile read.

Yeah. I gotta figure out how to be more like hbk.

Step one: drink less
Step two: get smarter
Step three: I'll tell ya when I get there, man...

KG

Sep 23, 2010
Best poster in terms of content:

1. HBK
2. IperferPi

Best entertainment posters:

1. RT
2. XX

Village posters:
1. Jakey53

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
Can we please ditch Portland yet? Please? How long were we affiliated with Springfield or San Antonio? Let's please, for the love of God, break ties.

I miss the Rampage fans...

This.

Also when it comes to tanking, it took me a long time to adjust, but I usually feel okay when we're losing (unless it's one of those games where we blow it with like 5 minutes left in regulation), but if we start winning the game, I end up cheering just because it's fun.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
This. Agreed whole heartedly. I love iPreferPi. I want him to do my taxes or something. He smart.

Andrew, I feel like you, myself, ck26, and CC96 would probably all fit under the same category

Appreciate the flattery, rabbit, but do your own taxes. :p:

I've been on many, many message boards and listservs in the 20 (!!) years I've been online, and I'd have to say that this forum and its band of scrappy posters are by far my favorite. Makes being a long suffering hockey fan in the desert all the more bearable.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
^^ Which category is that?

I was only here the last year of the San Antiono affilation. Did they actually give scouting reports instead of stat lines and game outcomes? (no offense to our Portland posters, of which there seems to only be two or three ((you do after all need to be super nerdy to do scouting reports)).

KG

Sep 23, 2010
Appreciate the flattery, rabbit, but do your own taxes. :p:

I've been on many, many message boards and listservs in the 20 (!!) years I've been online, and I'd have to say that this forum and its band of scrappy posters are by far my favorite. Makes being a long suffering hockey fan in the desert all the more bearable.

I love you too, even if you didn't help me with multivariate analysis.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
And of course the Oilers lose like 15 seconds into OT. :facepalm:

No one is catching them for the tank. I feel bad for Jack Eichel.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
I was gonna rent 127 Hours on DirecTV and order pizza. Could have been an awesome time man. We could have made a fort out of couch pillows.

Oh man, 127 hours. I watched it with some girl in high-school when I was like 16, because I heard it was an "inspirational story", and chicks dig that kind of stuff. It was a really good movie, but I didn't realize how intense it was. Unfortunately, a 2 hour long movie about a guy screaming in pain while trapped under a boulder and having to rip his own arm off, doesn't make a teenage girl very inclined to want to make out.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
I was gonna rent 127 Hours on DirecTV and order pizza. Could have been an awesome time man. We could have made a fort out of couch pillows.

Couch forts are the ******* best. Spent many a summer building those and playing SNES/Genesis games while bunkered up in them.

127 Hours was quite the intense experience. Aron Rolston's story is undoubtedly inspirational but it is something I can't really rewatch ad naseum .

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Unfortunately, a 2 hour long movie about a guy screaming in pain while trapped under a boulder and having to rip his own arm off, doesn't make a teenage girl very inclined to want to make out.

Don't rely on the movie. ;)

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
Oh man, 127 hours. I watched it with some girl in high-school when I was like 16, because I heard it was an "inspirational story", and chicks dig that kind of stuff. It was a really good movie, but I didn't realize how intense it was. Unfortunately, a 2 hour long movie about a guy screaming in pain while trapped under a boulder and having to rip his own arm off, doesn't make a teenage girl very inclined to want to make out.

You have to say the right things my man. Tell her, "I'd never let you go hiking alone" or "I'd cut my arm off for you." NEVER MEAN IT, just say it.

Even better..."that boulder represents the strong, unmovable force that exemplifies the connection that a man is capable of making with any object...you see...in this scene, he's mad at the rock....but in the next, he gives in to it's power. Don't you get it? He's one with the rock. When he's mad at it...he's really mad at himself due to the inevitable connection he has with said rock...it's powerful...it's unbreakable....I guess what I'm trying to say is...will you...be MY rock...?"

Just bull**** your way through it man. She'll be mesmerized by your use of big words that she may/may not even understand.

That being said, iPreferPi, these were not my intentions with you. We were strictly going to build forts, eat pizza, and laugh at James Franco.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad