2014-15 World Junior Championships Draft

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
I think he slipped under a lot of people's radar because he wasn't released from San Jose until the 19th, I am hoping he will be the steal of the tourney if only the Swiss had a strong team.

Well, I have Kevin Fiala, so I'm hoping the Swiss score at least a little.

With his 8th pick, Paralyzer008 selects....

from the Vancouver Canucks organization and Team Sweden...

hqdefault.jpg

D-man Gustav Forsling

with his 9th and final pick, Paralyzer008 contacted the Oilers scouting department. Unfortunately, they told him to pick David Musil. Again.

instead, from the Tampa Bay Lightning and Czech Republic,

dominik-masin-dsc-0036_denik-380.jpg

D-man Dominik Masin

Last edited:

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
Forsling could be a big steal. He was playing on the top powerplay unit with Nylander against Canada in the exhibition game so he could put up a lot of points. I was banking on getting him or Kostalek with my last pick. :(

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
I like Forsling, think he was an obvious feature on the Nylander PP with his shot and he has a penchant for scoring goals for Sweden in international play.. I'd be worried that Hagg comes in and takes his spot. Aho looked smooth on the Wallmark PP.

I think I took Kotalek last year and he bombed. But he "should" be the pointman on the PP.

Cerebral, I hate that you took O. Kase and Wallmark where you did. Heavily considered both versus Matthews and Mustonen respectively. I feel like you're gonna make me pay.

JTS, I literally thought to myself: "JTS wont pick Bjorkstrand". Made myself look stupid, whoops.

Also, a little surprised by the run of Goalies. Skip me if it comes to it, I'm gonna make my goalie pick whenever.

Anyone else feel like info was harder to come by this year?

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
Just realized I haven't drafted a single Canadian yet, so with my final pick I select from the Guelph Storm and St. Louis Blues prospect Robby Fabbri.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
I like Forsling, think he was an obvious feature on the Nylander PP with his shot and he has a penchant for scoring goals for Sweden in international play.. I'd be worried that Hagg comes in and takes his spot. Aho looked smooth on the Wallmark PP.

I think I took Kotalek last year and he bombed. But he "should" be the pointman on the PP.

Cerebral, I hate that you took O. Kase and Wallmark where you did. Heavily considered both versus Matthews and Mustonen respectively. I feel like you're gonna make me pay.

JTS, I literally thought to myself: "JTS wont pick Bjorkstrand". Made myself look stupid, whoops.

Also, a little surprised by the run of Goalies. Skip me if it comes to it, I'm gonna make my goalie pick whenever.

A little bit yes. Team Canada like usual was quite easy to get information about, but the rest was a bit more difficult. Sometimes you're simply relying on posters on HFBoards that may or may not have a clue :laugh:

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
A little bit yes. Team Canada like usual was quite easy to get information about, but the rest was a bit more difficult. Sometimes you're simply relying on posters on HFBoards that may or may not have a clue :laugh:

I've been using other drafts to try and get aha urge then popping over to their teams discussions on in the world jr board

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
My final selection is Finland defenceman Sami Niku

Good pick, thought about him after seeing he was going to get second pair minutes.

Just a reminder, JTS will have to make a new pick because Kylington is out for the tournament.

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
Good pick, thought about him after seeing he was going to get second pair minutes.

Just a reminder, JTS will have to make a new pick because Kylington is out for the tournament.

Injury or cut?

In previous years, any injuries or cuts prior to the start of the tournament the player could be replaced. However once the tournament starts any injuries or suspensions then the player could not be replaced

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Injury or cut?

In previous years, any injuries or cuts prior to the start of the tournament the player could be replaced. However once the tournament starts any injuries or suspensions then the player could not be replaced

They're saying he's hurt.

A lot of people thought he'd be cut regardless after his performance in exhibition but its officially an injury.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

I thought Bjorkstrand was already gone and was a little surprised he was still there--but Denmark may go bust in the tourny

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
I'll take Czech defenceman Jan Stencel.

The Czechs seem to have a fairly powerful offensive team this year. Hopefully they put up some points!

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
Ghosbuster is up since Soli is skipping his pick for now.

Soli: Any thoughts on a time frame within which you have to make your pick? I think 24 hours after your pick would be fair - otherwise I feel it might set a precedent for others to "skip" their picks in anticipation of more information. Thoughts?

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
24 hours sounds fair I know it is hard to guess who might be some of the starters but we can't let people to just sit on their picks. I know we have had some draft that had gone into the start of the tourney but since we will finish early I think we can't let anyone to pick after the tourney starts

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
lakai I deleted that post, people still have to make re-selections (although most people probably have seen it and two of us are mods, and now that I think about it I don't think any forwards we drafted were cut today?)

Ghosbuster is up since Soli is skipping his pick for now.

Soli: Any thoughts on a time frame within which you have to make your pick? I think 24 hours after your pick would be fair - otherwise I feel it might set a precedent for others to "skip" their picks in anticipation of more information. Thoughts?

24 hours sounds fair I know it is hard to guess who might be some of the starters but we can't let people to just sit on their picks. I know we have had some draft that had gone into the start of the tourney but since we will finish early I think we can't let anyone to pick after the tourney starts

THC - Yeah, once the tourney starts picks are locked in.

Its up to you guys, I can argue it either way.

Although, if we're talking precedents, we didn't slap Ghostbuster on the wrists, we went ahead with the draft after about ~24 hours. I was kind enough to spare you guys 24 hours of waiting. :)

We've done this before in other years of this draft where we skip the last goalie-less GM in the last round and let the draft continue.

I mean, yeah I'm doing it purposefully and deliberately, but wouldn't you rather I be up front rather than ignorant or deceitful? I think Saint Nicholas and Baby Christ would agree with me.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad