2014-15 Wild Predictions

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Hahahahaha that's the boldest of them all. Gustafson in the nhl next year.

Uh, he was backup for Kuemper last season. It's not hard to imagine that the Wild bring him up for some practices while we are down one goaltender. Especially if it is for a game or two stretch.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Uh, he was backup for Kuemper last season. It's not hard to imagine that the Wild bring him up for some practices while we are down one goaltender. Especially if it is for a game or two stretch.

As long as Backstrom and Kuemper are both healthy and playing relatively well, Gustaffson should stay in Iowa starting the majority of their games. I would expect Curry to be brought up for back-up duty to sit on the bench before him.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN

Gus struggled in Iowa last year by most accounts.

I can't imagine him ready for the NHL as soon as next year.

Beegoalie

Dec 21, 2011
Pominville Minnesota

Yep he was and they had to sign curry because Gus looked so lost even just in practices at the nhl level. He is Nowhere near NHL ready. If backstrom/Kuemper go down Curry gets the call. Or Bryz is signed.

Gus is literally #6. It's hard to see him getting an nhl game this year.

Kuemper
Backstrom
Harding(hopefully by the time one of the other two gets hurt, probably inevitable, he's back)
Bryz(guarantee he's back if backs/Kuemper go down before Harding is back)
Curry(wild would call up over Gus cause they want Gus developing)
Gus

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Disagree. Getting bombed with shots every night is a perfect scenario to develop goalies. People evaluating him just have to take into account that the team in front of him is poor.

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
Disagree. Getting bombed with shots every night is a perfect scenario to develop goalies. People evaluating him just have to take into account that the team in front of him is poor.

I can agree to a degree. (Sup, Dr. Seuss?) However, when you're getting peppered, but your defense can't clear rebounds or the crease, you're on your own. Sure, he may have an okay/sub-par stat line, but nights where I saw him make the first 2 saves, still let in 3-4, which gives an .85-.89 sv percentage. Pretty tough on a goalie's psyche. Whenever I saw him, I thought he was progressing nicely. Sure, he may not be close to being an NHL caliber goaltender. Nonetheless, he's on his way.

awstaf

Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
Safe

1.) Three players will crack 30 goals (Parise, Vanek & Pominville).
2.) Suter will log over 30 mins of ice time in over 20 regular season games.
3.) Wild will finish in the top 15 in goals per game.

Bold

1.) Dumba will receive more than five 1st place votes for the Calder.
2.) Granlund will finish in the top 10 in assists in the NHL.
3.) The Wild will beat the Chicago Blackhawks in the 1st round of the playoffs.

Art Ross: Granlund (14 goals, 56 assists)
Rocket Richard: Parise (36 goals)
Norris: Suter (50 points while averaging over 28 mins a game)
Calder: Dumba (14 goals, 24 assists)
Vezina: Kuemper (Starts over 40 games, .919 sv%)
Selke: Koivu (although I do think Haula could challenge for this)
Lady Byng: Spurgeon
Hart: Granlund

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
Safe

1.) Three players will crack 30 goals (Parise, Vanek & Pominville).
2.) Suter will log over 30 mins of ice time in over 20 regular season games.
3.) Wild will finish in the top 15 in goals per game.

Bold

1.) Dumba will receive more than five 1st place votes for the Calder.
2.) Granlund will finish in the top 10 in assists in the NHL.
3.) The Wild will beat the Chicago Blackhawks in the 1st round of the playoffs.

Art Ross: Granlund (14 goals, 56 assists)
Rocket Richard: Parise (36 goals)
Norris: Suter (50 points while averaging over 28 mins a game)
Calder: Dumba (14 goals, 24 assists)
Vezina: Kuemper (Starts over 40 games, .919 sv%)
Selke: Koivu (although I do think Haula could challenge for this)
Lady Byng: Spurgeon
Hart: Granlund

Now this guy I like. :thumbu:

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
Ya know what, if he's wrong it was a bold pick he missed on. If he's right, he's an expert for life. No one will ever question his credentials or qualifications again.

wonder how much it'd cost to buy off a majority of the sports writers...

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
I am getting tired of hearing about how improved Dallas is, how young and dangerous the Avs are (despite their advanced stats being complete trash), and how the Hawks are this unbeatable group, and how the Wild are pretty much meh. - Latest Puckdaddy article:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/nhl-western-conference-2014-15--puck-daddy-s-predictions-222142219.html

It just gets annoying, especially since we really have been developing and growing and actually shown improvement. That Chicago series wasn't that far off last year and with a little better luck could have gone the other way.

I guess living in such a large city packed with bandwagon fans makes me a little edgy at times...

Seriously, almost every WC standings has us BELOW the Avs and of course the Stars. Yet we actually played them well last year, got better this summer, and in the Avs case they freakin got worse, yet somehow everyone except the class clown thinks we going to be bottom feeders in our division this year.

I'm surprised people aren't betting on the Jets over us...

I want our guys to get to that next level this year, be a little more consistent, and stick it to the rest of the ****ing NHL.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
EJ Radek listed the Wild as the 5th best team in the west on NHL Network the other day, behind LA, Chicago, Anaheim and St.Louis.

awstaf

Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
I am getting tired of hearing about how improved Dallas is, how young and dangerous the Avs are (despite their advanced stats being complete trash), and how the Hawks are this unbeatable group, and how the Wild are pretty much meh. - Latest Puckdaddy article:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/nhl-western-conference-2014-15--puck-daddy-s-predictions-222142219.html

It just gets annoying, especially since we really have been developing and growing and actually shown improvement. That Chicago series wasn't that far off last year and with a little better luck could have gone the other way.

I guess living in such a large city packed with bandwagon fans makes me a little edgy at times...

Seriously, almost every WC standings has us BELOW the Avs and of course the Stars. Yet we actually played them well last year, got better this summer, and in the Avs case they freakin got worse, yet somehow everyone except the class clown thinks we going to be bottom feeders in our division this year.

I'm surprised people aren't betting on the Jets over us...

I want our guys to get to that next level this year, be a little more consistent, and stick it to the rest of the ****ing NHL.

I've seen a lot of people who put Dallas and Colorado in front of Minnesota say that the Wild's defensive depth is questionable. I have no idea how they look at Dallas and Colorado's defense and say Minnesota's is worse off unless they really didn't watch the postseason last year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad