2014-15 Training Camp Part 4 (02/10: Dumont/Drewiske waived, Bowman signed)

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Pick your poison... A D that's never able to get the puck (Bouillon) or a D that get's the puck but loses it (Tinordi).

I'll quote Shakespeare and say, "It's better to have possesed and lost then to never have possesed the puck at all." or somehting like that ;)

Shaw65

Mar 13, 2011
Canada
Renaud Lavoie @renlavoietva

I can now confirm that Michael Bournival is staying with the team. #canadiens #tvasports

Shaw65

Mar 13, 2011
Canada
Your 2014-2015 Habs starting line-up

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Parenteau
Galchenyuk-Plekanec-Gallagher
Bourque-Eller-Sekac
Prust-Malhotra-Weise

Extra : Moen,Bournival

Subban-Emelin
Markov-Gilbert
Beaulieu-Weaver

Extra : Tinordi

Price
Tokarski

---------------------- GO HABS GO ---------------------- good season to everyone !

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Tinordi, Moen and Bournival as the extras this year was the right moves to make

Although Moen's hold is tenuous at best...JDLR is breathing down his and Bournival's necks.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Looking at Moen in the lineup...I can't help but think to myself that it would of been great to get a guy like Anthony Peluso from the Jets in that Budaj trade

I'm not a big proponent of fighting and one dimensional goons, but in our division, I think you have to be prepared to have this type of player for the odd games.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Although Moen's hold is tenuous at best...JDLR is breathing down his and Bournival's necks.

So JDLR still hasn't been cut. Hummmm ... wondering if Bergevin is working on something, Moen might be gone by the end of the day.

Isn't the deadline to file 23-man rosters, tomorrow?

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Looking at Moen in the lineup...I can't help but think to myself that it would of been great to get a guy like Anthony Peluso from the Jets in that Budaj trade

I'm not a big proponent of fighting and one dimensional goons, but in our division, I think you have to be prepared to have this type of player for the odd games.

i think if we manage to trade Moen and not get a player back, I can see Tangradi (assuming he plays well) being the call up so guys like DLR can continue to develop and not sit in the press box. If DLR, Bowman, Thomas etc do get called up it'll be to play not sit IMO.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

Moen in particular sticks out in our lineup.
Bad contract extention if ever there was one.
MB got caught on the wrong side of the curve with that type of renewal.
Like players are all getting one year deals now.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
So JDLR still hasn't been cut. Hummmm ... wondering if Bergevin is working on something, Moen might be gone by the end of the day.

Isn't the deadline to file 23-man rosters, tomorrow?

Can't see any team being interested in Moen at his salary and recent concussion history.

He's got some value as a 4th line defensive forward, but he's lost pretty much all of his value as a physical player, he doesn't provide any offense

The Habs essentially have the same type of player in Bournival for a fraction of the price.

I think Moen probably has more value to the Habs as a spare forward than what he'd fetch in a trade.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Can't see any team being interested in Moen at his salary and recent concussion history.

He's got some value as a 4th line defensive forward, but he's lost pretty much all of his value as a physical player, he doesn't provide any offense

The Habs essentially have the same type of player in Bournival for a fraction of the price.

I think Moen probably has more value to the Habs as a spare forward than what he'd fetch in a trade.

True, however his spot has more value if given to someone who has the potential to play for us for some time. At this point that's 6-7 guys. Also, Moen is too big of a cap hit to sit 60 games.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
What's this:

Renaud Lavoie @renlavoietva · 2m 2 minutes ago
Marc Bergevin va rencontrer les médias dans quelques minutes. Ce sera présenté en direct à #lcn #canadiens

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
True, however his spot has more value if given to someone who has the potential to play for us for some time. At this point that's 6-7 guys. Also, Moen is too big of a cap hit to sit 60 games.

Thing is, Moen has the image of being useful but he's Colby Armstrong levels of useless now. Doesn't hit, doesn't check, doesn't score, doesn't do anything. Just floats around trying to avoid getting hurt.

Ship him off to Florida.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad