2014-15 Training Camp Part 4 (02/10: Dumont/Drewiske waived, Bowman signed)

deandebean

Jan 14, 2003
Gatineau
Visit site
Curious as to why Budaj is getting the nod from so many?

Because management believes in 'chemistry' and team spirit. Also, they want their number one goalie to be comfortable and judging from reports, he's VERY comfortable with Budaj there. Reminds me of Roy, who HATED having Hayward besides him because he felt he didn't need a guy who wanted his job. He wanted a goalie who knew who was boss.

They will waive Tokarski.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Because management believes in 'chemistry' and team spirit. Also, they want their number one goalie to be comfortable and judging from reports, he's VERY comfortable with Budaj there. Reminds me of Roy, who HATED having Hayward besides him because he felt he didn't need a guy who wanted his job. He wanted a goalie who knew who was boss.

They will waive Tokarski.

:laugh:
Go figure two of the last three cuts and we are in totally opposite camps on both.
Tokarski has no chem with the team after trench warfare?
Roy as everyone knows was a Bit of a Prima Donna.
Price was but has got beyond that now.

deandebean

Jan 14, 2003
Gatineau
Visit site
MB has a say and he may be slightly miffed at Cube refusing a two way...:nod:
That would also fit the circumstance.

There is one thing you can count on if Tinner displaces Cube he going to have a hard time getting a compliment out of the AC crew.

For a 7th defenceman, the coach has a lot to say, because the 7th D is usually the coach's wild card. HE, not upper management, decides when he plays. He got rid of Drewiske because he tought he was a detriment to Bouillon (Drewiske did play solid his last game), and used the 'well, he hasn't had a lot of milleage in him body over the last 2 seasons, he needs to play in the AHL to get that milleage back' bullcrap excuse. He cut him relatively early to avoid any controversy within the locker room.

You want to shelter a player: you have his competition drop out early and you have that player ride the pine so that you hide his deficiencies. That's how guys get cut ALL the time at ALL levels of sports. And others make teams when they shouldn't. Nothing new there.

deandebean

Jan 14, 2003
Gatineau
Visit site
:laugh:
Go figure two of the last three cuts and we are in totally opposite camps on both.
Tokarski has no chem with the team after trench warfare?
Roy as everyone knows was a Bit of a Prima Donna.
Price was but has got beyond that now.

A number one goalie wants to have a teammate that will work hard during practice and know he won't play more than 16 games in the season. Budaj is the perfect number two goalie for an elite one.

Tokarski is more of a young Theodore: he wants to play as often as possible and won't accept to be the puck gobbler during practice, while the goalie coach stays much longer with the elite one. He's got ambition. And understandably so. I would too, after such a strong showing in the playoffs.

Bottom line, as much as you maybe don't believe me, the elite goalie has A LOT to say about who's backing him up.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
The decision regarding Tinordi will be about his développement, it was pretty clear in Therrien' presser last night.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
A number one goalie wants to have a teammate that will work hard during practice and know he won't play more than 16 games in the season. Budaj is the perfect number two goalie for an elite one.

Tokarski is more of a young Theodore: he wants to play as often as possible and won't accept to be the puck gobbler during practice, while the goalie coach stays much longer with the elite one. He's got ambition. And understandably so. I would too, after such a strong showing in the playoffs.

Bottom line, as much as you maybe don't believe me, the elite goalie has A LOT to say about who's backing him up.

I'm in total agreement with you as far as i can be but is MB?
A GM has to look at everthing If Price goes down again to a significant injury who has the confidence of the coaching staff (particularly Waite) to be good long term? I'll give you a hint it ain't Budaj.

deandebean

Jan 14, 2003
Gatineau
Visit site
Ah ben tabarslac, as soon as I finish writing to you the text, the Habs trade Budaj! Hahahahahaha, talk about shlitty timing! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Shows how much we know about what's going on behind the doors, eh? ;)

deandebean

Jan 14, 2003
Gatineau
Visit site
I'm in total agreement with you as far as i can be but is MB?
A GM has to look at everthing If Price goes down again to a significant injury who has the confidence of the coaching staff (particularly Waite) to be good long term? I'll give you a hint it ain't Budaj.

And management agree with you, sir. I bow...:yo::handclap:

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Anything transpired as to whom remains/goes to Hamilton/to Switzerland?

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Anything transpired as to whom remains/goes to Hamilton/to Switzerland?

Not yet but we can guess 14/7/2 is how we break camp.
If we free up an additional roster spot both DLR and Sekac make it.
Still waiting on the Frankie goes to Hollywood situation...

habitue*

Not yet but we can guess 14/7/2 is how we break camp.
If we free up an additional roster spot both DLR and Sekac make it.
Still waiting on the Frankie goes to Hollywood situation...

I strongly doubt they would keep a 19 yo DLR with the team. He will be send down to Hamilton as soon as Eller is healthy.

But Sekac gonna make the team no doubt. I would like him to play with Plekky and Galchy, though. Gallagher and Eller are two guys who are playing rather well together.

I think there is gonna be long debates between Bergevin and the coaching staff about the #7 d-man. have a rookie in the stands or Bouillon ?

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I strongly doubt they would keep a 19 yo DLR with the team. He will be send down to Hamilton as soon as Eller is healthy.

But Sekac gonna make the team no doubt. I would like him to play with Plekky and Galchy, though. Gallagher and Eller are two guys who are playing rather well together.

I think there is gonna be long debates between Bergevin and the coaching staff about the #7 d-man. have a rookie in the stands or Bouillon ?

DLR more a wish than a reality, he's better than Moen Weise Bournival and I like Bournival.
MT loves him for sure.

Frankie is a tough call I'm persuaded MB has had his fill...
But the pro Frankie camp is out in full force on RDS.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Let's trade DD because his cap hit is a great deal? Isn't it a great deal also for us?

enino-man-no.gif

didn't say 'let's trade DD because his cap hit is a great deal' I said it would make it easier to move the shrimp.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Conor McKenna ‏@mckennaconor ·24 mins24 minutes ago
A report from @DLCoulisses indicates Francis Bouillon has been released from his tryout by the Habs.

REALLY hope and think he's done. Based on Therrien's comments about Tinner, I think he stays and Bou goes to the land of clocks and chocolate.

Tinner made it too close for comfort. Hopefully he stays up and learns from the big club to become a regular NHLer.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
A report from @DLCoulisses indicates Francis Bouillon has been released from his tryout by the Habs.

Now we just hold our breath that he doesn't sign a contract...although I don't think he will.

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007

Pick your poison... A D that's never able to get the puck (Bouillon) or a D that get's the puck but loses it (Tinordi).

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I'm sticking to my ignorant position that Cube hasn't played the last 4 games because they didn't like what they saw; which is to say he tried to prove himself reliable and he didn't.

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
In the past, the last few days preceding the Opening Game, Habs used to go to Mont-Tremblant (or in Ontario suburn) to practice. Where and when do Habs go this time ?

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
If they can pound into Tinner's head that he needs to be a mean SOB then he can be very useful right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad