2014-15 Training Camp Discussion PT.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

hersky77

Oct 29, 2007
Desharnais' job is safe, but Eller might lose his before the end of the season though.

Chucky is not a third line centerman. If anybody is going to be traded to make room for chuck at center it's either going to be pleks or dave

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
I would really try DD on the wing with Galchenyuk at centre, supported by Pacioretty on the other wing for the rest of the pre-season.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Some folks on here already have the 23 man roster finalized after a couple of scrimmages.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Normand Flynn just said something similar without spelling out the full implications of his statement.

In a nutshell, he said if Chucky plays centre, he can't be put in a 4th or 3rd line role. He needs to play with the team's best players in an offensive role.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Having a centre controversy isn't necessarily a bad thing if they don't make a bad trade because of it. I'd rather see Desharnais or Plekanec on the top 9 wing than Moen.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
Better showing from McCarron. Still behind the play in several instances, but he was definitely more noticeable and I find he made good plays in the defensive zone.

Most of the eligible rookies looked so-so. I though Gregoire showed a lot more today, especially in the first half.

Scherbak and Gally showing early chemistry. Good foundation for the future. Near future I hope.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Having a centre controversy isn't necessarily a bad thing if they don't make a bad trade because of it. I'd rather see Desharnais or Plekanec on the top 9 wing than Moen.

No way Pleks plays wing. If DD can adapt, so be it, if not adios.

But MT will give DD every single chance he can to prove himself. Chucky is gonna need to SHINE every game from now on. And I don't necessarily reject this kind of pragmaticism, the youth should always be trying to outplay the vets, it keeps the competition up.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
That's exactly who I thought of. Pure offensive talent and just a kid that doesn't speak english really well having fun.

We can stay from the language issues. He's an 18-19 years old who is having fun.

McCarron: Good job by the hunters, he was a 5 year project to begin with. First step(convincing him to be fit) is done. Second step(convincing him to be fast) this year.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
I would really try DD on the wing with Galchenyuk at centre, supported by Pacioretty on the other wing for the rest of the pre-season.

They will probably start the pre-season with split squads, DD and Galchenyuk in a different one.

That's a good thing Galchenyuk will be able to play 1-2 pre-season games as 1st line center with all the ice time and opportunities that goes with it.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
They will probably start the pre-season with split squads, DD and Galchenyuk in a different one.

That's a good thing Galchenyuk will be able to play 1-2 pre-season games as 1st line center with all the ice time and opportunities that goes with it.

True. Good way of looking at it.

GREMLIN

Tanking enthusiast
Sep 19, 2013
Galchenyuk and Scherbak look so good together. :yo: They look like twins and just look like they were made to play with each other. Galchenyuk really made his case to get a good look at C tonight. That goal was absolute gold, plus it made Bouillon look foolish.

I cant believe how sharp Sherbak has looked this week, an absolute steal IMO, he's really good at using his long stick to retrieve pucks and gets into open spaces on the ice. His skill is evident, he's got the skills to make a play at full speed, made a couple players look really foolish on one rush. TT nailed it right on the head with kid. :handclap: :handclap: :handclap:

Gregoire was pretty good too, Nygren was better. Didn't like Parenteau, hopefully he doesnt have such lazy nights too often but I wouldnt bet on that, so soft.

Beaulieu, Pateryn and Tinordi didnt stand out.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I'd like to see Hudon on a different line.
MacCarron impressed me, considering how much people have been ******** on him.
Sorkin has good speed, positioning and hockey sense.
Gregoire impressed
glad to see Thomas get a goal, maybe he'll have more confidence through preseason
None of the young D disappointed, but Beaulieu had that weird shift where he started orbiting Saturn
Sekac looked a bit smaller than I thought he'd be. He's shifty though and looks like a pro already
Scherbak has top 6 skill, there's no denying that

a scrimmage is a scrimmage though. Let's see how they do against the young Gooins

VAN-HAB

Vancouver Habitant
Sep 3, 2003
West Kelowna
I'd like to see Hudon on a different line.
MacCarron impressed me, considering how much people have been ******** on him.
Sorkin has good speed, positioning and hockey sense.
Gregoire impressed
glad to see Thomas get a goal, maybe he'll have more confidence through preseason
None of the young D disappointed, but Beaulieu had that weird shift where he started orbiting Saturn
Sekac looked a bit smaller than I thought he'd be. He's shifty though and looks like a pro already
Scherbak has top 6 skill, there's no denying that

a scrimmage is a scrimmage though. Let's see how they do against the young Gooins

very good post

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Scherbak raised the bar for what offensive rookies should look like in camp. DLR, McCarron, Hudon, Andrighetto, Thomas PALED in comparison.

It's a scrimmage so I will tone down my excitement, but it's clear that Galchenyuk is a centreman. It is the only position that gives him the space to allow his type of talent to shine. He's barely played at centre the last two years, it's only normal that he's gonna need to get his feet wet a bit before cementing himself.

Gotta keep it real though.

I am pulling for Chucky to be scoring as many goals as Pacioretty for the Habs.

However, yesterday, all we read was that this is a scrimmage and we cannot read too much into certain players' success or certain players' less than stellar performance.

And tonight, that memo has been changed.;)

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Gotta keep it real though.

I am pulling for Chucky to be scoring as many goals as Pacioretty for the Habs.

However, yesterday, all we read was that this is a scrimmage and we cannot read too much into certain players' success or certain players' less than stellar performance.

And tonight, that memo has been changed.;)

I've said a few times in this thread that I gotta contain my excitement because it is still just scrimmage. So the memo has not changed. We''l get a much better evaluation in the next two weeks.

Even in a scrimmage, Scherbak's offensive package, that is, his raw ability, is head and shoulders above every other prospect at this point. Hudon, DLR, Andrghetto and Gregoire all had their moments these last few scrimmage and they didn't hold a candle to Scherbak who has put his offensive talent on display in the three scrimmages thus far. I like his raw talent better than the other forward prospects, let's see what he can do with it in pre-season now

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Habs would get schooled with a centre ice that contained two centres who can't play a lick of D.

DD can move to the wing, the habs don't need to force a trade.

But.......... this seems to have been forgotten........Pacioretty's goal was assisted by DD.

Scrimmage. (Am I doing this right?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille