2014-15 Training Camp Discussion PT.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Desharnais' job is safe, but Eller might lose his before the end of the season though.

Like I said, Galchenyuk wasn't drafted to play 3rd line centre. DD is a placeholder for Galchenyuk. If he's ready, DD will be the one that is moved, either to another team or the wing.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
No center should feel safe this year.

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Parenteau
Scherback-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Sekac-Plekanec-player trade for Eller

Looks good to me.

Habs would get schooled with a centre ice that contained two centres who can't play a lick of D.

DD can move to the wing, the habs don't need to force a trade.

GoHabsGo312711*

In the future, Scherbak gonna have same impact like Vladimir Tarasenko. (not same type player but same impact).

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
It was a scrimmage, but Beaulieu dicked around a little too much. Got burned once and almost another time. Dick around when your spot is secured and you're a vet.

The guy in your avatar used to do that all the time; it burns, you learn and you get better.

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
Scherbak raised the bar for what offensive rookies should look like in camp. DLR, McCarron, Hudon, Andrighetto, Thomas PALED in comparison.

It's a scrimmage so I will tone down my excitement, but it's clear that Galchenyuk is a centreman. It is the only position that gives him the space to allow his type of talent to shine. He's barely played at centre the last two years, it's only normal that he's gonna need to get his feet wet a bit before cementing himself.

Scherbak looked amazing. But it also helps to play with two good offensive players. Some of the other young players played with scrubs. Thomas' linemates would be Exhibit A.

MrNasty

Jun 13, 2007
Nova Scotia
I am getting tired of Beaulieu and his work effort. He whined last year when he got demoted and he doesn't even look like he is trying so far in camp. Kid needs a wake up call.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
I'll see Plek traded before DD

MB and MT are smart enough to understand the value and necessity of strong two-way centreman. DD moves to wing or is traded long before Plekanec is. It's fairly obvious with the way Plekanec is used by the coaching staff who will be moved in the event that Chucky breaks out.

I'd try near the end of pre-season:

Pacioretty Galchenyuk DD
Bourque Plekanec Sekac
Parenteau Eller Gallagher
Prust Malholtra Weise

Mario Lemieux fan 66

Nov 2, 2012
Habs would get schooled with a centre ice that contained two centres who can't play a lick of D.

DD can move to the wing, the habs don't need to force a trade.

Brière was a 4th line center last year. Malhotra is suppose to be able to play good defense.

PricePkPatch*

MB and MT are smart enough to understand the value and necessity of strong two-way centreman. DD moves to wing or is traded long before Plekanec is. It's fairly obvious with the way Plekanec is used by the coaching staff who will be moved in the event that Chucky breaks out.

Yhea. That is why they just signed Eller 4 years

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Brière was a 4th line center last year. Malhotra is suppose to be able to play good defense.

Briere barely played any minutes in that role and was insanely sheltered. We're not gonna put Galchenyuk at centre to hide him at low minutes.

Teams in the nhl are looking for more two-way centres, not less. No way habs go with DD-Galchenyuk duo at centre, supported by one of Eller or Plekanec. Recipe for disaster.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
You guys are too much :laugh:

Great game by Galchenyuk, though. Too bad you guys are forcing him in everyone's throat and turning every thread into a DD-Galcheynuk one, after one nice goal against the likes of Finley and Bouillon.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
You guys are too much :laugh:

Great game by Galchenyuk, though. Too bad you guys are forcing him in everyone's throat and turning every thread into a DD-Galcheynuk one, after one nice goal against the likes of Finley and Bouillon.

It wasn't just one nice goal, Galchenyuk was creating high quality chances almost every shift. It was just scrimmage, so I won't get too excited, but you see why he needs to play centre. It allows his style of play to shine. What also went unnoticed was Galchenyuk's positioning without the puck in all three zones.

Rise from the Ashes

Price defies corsi
Sep 13, 2005
Pointe-Claire, QC
I would say the likelihood of Eller being dealt is minimal at best. The likeliest centre to be dealt would be Plekanec since the org is in love with Pac-DD and they have groomed Eller to take Plek's d-zone matchups.

The Habs need a Nicklas Hjalmarsson type defender.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln