Speculation: 2014-15 Stars Trade Talk 4: Jim Nill's Trading Tactics are Classless

LoneStarHockey

Sep 19, 2011
Texas
Been seeing that Martin Jones could be moved, does anyone think we could be possible landing spot? He would definitely be worth looking at.

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
I'm worried now that Ottawa has the 18th and 21st overall that they'll be looking to move up. I don't really want us to move down. Hope we stay in the top 14

usefulfiction

Jan 10, 2006
Prosper, TX
I'm worried now that Ottawa has the 18th and 21st overall that they'll be looking to move up. I don't really want us to move down. Hope we stay in the top 14

Depends on who is left on the board at our pick. If I top 10 player falls to us, you pick. Otherwise Im not sure I'd be too heart broken to move down a bit to pick up a 2nd 1st.

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Depends on who is left on the board at our pick. If I top 10 player falls to us, you pick. Otherwise Im not sure I'd be too heart broken to move down a bit to pick up a 2nd 1st.

Yeah I Suspose it wouldn't be the worst thing, if they did offer us both of there firsts I'm sure they'd want another pick back with our first.

I'm just excited to land another blue chipper

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
I don't want to move back, but since there are 3 defensemen in the top 12, I think some team could jump ahead of Boston (went forward last year), Calgary (forward 2 years in a row in the top 10), and Edmonton (so many forwards) to get their choice of the next best guy.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
No thank you. Doesn't fit the system, too expensive, on the downhill.

echlfreak

Aug 1, 2003
1st and Garbutt for Talbot, Klein and rights to St. Louis. Willing to bet St. Louis will take a lesser deal for chance to win like Richards did with Chicago

Benn seguin nuke
St. Louis. Speeza Hemsky

Goose Klingberg
Daley Klein

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
1st and Garbutt for Talbot, Klein and rights to St. Louis. Willing to bet St. Louis will take a lesser deal for chance to win like Richards did with Chicago

Benn seguin nuke
St. Louis. Speeza Hemsky

Goose Klingberg
Daley Klein

Bleh. St. Louis is hot garbage now, Klein and Talbot aren't worth 12th.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
Surely you don't think Sharp and Roussel have the same value? Obviously lots depends on the plus, but Roussel plus for Sharp isn't really paying a premium.

was my english that hard to parse? the issue I had was the + and I'm not a believer in Sharp remaining very good, to the point that he's obviously top six over Ritchie and maybe even Hemsky in that second year.

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
Definitely would have liked to get Hamilton, would have given up 1st, 2nd, and something else for sure, but that really hampers our draft this year, and I'm sure Boston wasn't too keen on trading with us again after we fleeced them for Seguin.

The Lucic deal seems like a good trade for BOS though.

Still hoping for Lack as a 2nd goalie with the goalies left available.

ZeHockeyFan

Apr 9, 2014
Definitely would have liked to get Hamilton, would have given up 1st, 2nd, and something else for sure, but that really hampers our draft this year, and I'm sure Boston wasn't too keen on trading with us again after we fleeced them for Seguin.

The Lucic deal seems like a good trade for BOS though.

Still hoping for Lack as a 2nd goalie with the goalies left available.

And ended up getting fleeced by another team. For all the gloating from Bruins fans, the vital pieces they got for Kessel are now gone for mediocre returns and uncertain futures. Still find the decision baffling.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Dreger said he expects us to land him, but no deal is confirmed yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad