Speculation: 2014-15 Stars Trade Talk 3: We Decompose

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjcurrie

Aug 4, 2010
Gibbons, Alberta
I think what he means is that Stafford set the bar kinda high for himself a few seasons back, and hasn't lived up to those standards in the last few. He showed, then kind of fell off and has been real inconsistent. Leaves you wanting more. If he never had the couple real good seasons, then there wouldn't be a lot of merit to it.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
They retained half of the 4M? I wish Capgeek still existed to see how much room WPG has to play with at the TDL.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I'm surprised many people seem happy about the idea of adding Enroth. That's a going for it move. I'm all for it if the cost isn't too steep. It gives you two weeks to try and make up ground. If you don't, you could still trade the other UFA, and Enroth is auditioning for next season.

There aren't a ton of goalie options out there.

Primetimey*

Four under achievers traded for each other. Hard to say who wins because it depends on who plays up to potential after the deal.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
I'm surprised many people seem happy about the idea of adding Enroth. That's a going for it move. I'm all for it if the cost isn't too steep. It gives you two weeks to try and make up ground. If you don't, you could still trade the other UFA, and Enroth is auditioning for next season.

There aren't a ton of goalie options out there.

For another position maybe but goalies are cheap. Minnesota got Dubnyk for a 3rd and he's their starter now. Enroth is not going to get more than that.

Dallasman

Jun 23, 2002
Edmonton,Alberta
Enroth rumor out there more so now.

Mentioned on Sportsnet Central.

As for Stafford, for being as good as he was early he's really fallen off. I know he plays on a poor Buffalo team. Maybe this will get him going?

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
They retained half of the 4M? I wish Capgeek still existed to see how much room WPG has to play with at the TDL.

Myers' cap hit is $5.5 vs. about $5.15 for Bogosian. Kane is $5.25 vs. $4 (now $2) for Stafford.

According to NHL Numbers, Peg has $6.834 right now. That would translate to over $20 million in cap hits they could add today. That number will grow slightly until the deadline.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
Idk why you'd move Bogosian for futures when he's only 25 years old at the start of next season

You mean Buffalo?

They might very well keep him, I just don't see a real good reason for Buffalo to trade a defenseman most agree is better around the same age in the first place unless the big picture is to make another big move soon or at the deadline. I can think of a lot of teams who would like to add a Bogosian for the stretch run/playoffs while his relative cap hit for the end of this season is so low.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
FWIW ... they have Dallas at $3.78 million in cap space. That number can't be prorated.

Dallas is currently over the cap so that number includes LTIR for Peverley and Dallas' bonus cushion they could use.

They are using the bonus cushion as $1.736. I personally wouldn't. I'd only use Nuke's. That would bring down Dallas' space to $3.244 million. All of that is Pev's LTIR for the most part.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Enroth rumor out there more so now.

Mentioned on Sportsnet Central.

As for Stafford, for being as good as he was early he's really fallen off. I know he plays on a poor Buffalo team. Maybe this will get him going?

Not a new source. They're quoting Barnaby.

Dallasman

Jun 23, 2002
Edmonton,Alberta
What do you guys think about Oleksiak instead.

Enroth and Bogo for
Oleksiak, Lindback and something else not named Ritchie...maybe even Shore.

I could see Oleksiak going in a deal somewhere.
But we'd need to move a little cap space for that deal...not much wiggle room there...but I could be wrong.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
For another position maybe but goalies are cheap. Minnesota got Dubnyk for a 3rd and he's their starter now. Enroth is not going to get more than that.

Dubnyk wasn't a starter when he was traded, and unless the rumor about Bernier being available is true, Enroth is the best potential goalie available at the deadline.

USUALLY ... goalies don't cost much so I'm hoping no more than a 3rd as well ... hopefully they'd let us do next years since Dallas has two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad