Speculation: 2014-15 Stars Trade Talk 3: We Decompose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
Seriously? Cole is worth more than that.

Not particularly.

Buffalo just got rid of Stafford and Kane won't be back til next season.

I would say Erik Cole's value is about a 3rd right now.

Lindback, maybe a 5th.

Sometimes, a team still needs bodies.

But still, its probably Enroth and some moral support or something.

I don't think trading Cole, Lindback, Lehtonen, Daley and whatever for Phaneuf, Enroth, Reimer, and whatever is really a good trade for the franchise. (These were speculative trades being thrown about).

If I'm Jim Nill, I trade the much weaker points on the roster, such as Goligoski, Garbutt, Sceviour, the rentals, Lindback, some failing prospects like Molin, or some good guys who are probably going to lose the numbers game here like Jokipakka. Cutting off our nose to spite our face isn't particularly a good way of going about building a better long term franchise.

Cin

Eurosnob.
Feb 29, 2008
Austin, TX
Not particularly.

Buffalo just got rid of Stafford and Kane won't be back til next season.

I would say Erik Cole's value is about a 3rd right now.

Lindback, maybe a 5th.

Sometimes, a team still needs bodies.

But still, its probably Enroth and some moral support or something.

I don't think trading Cole, Lindback, Lehtonen, Daley and whatever for Phaneuf, Enroth, Reimer, and whatever is really a good trade for the franchise. (These were speculative trades being thrown about).

If I'm Jim Nill, I trade the much weaker points on the roster, such as Goligoski, Garbutt, Sceviour, the rentals, Lindback, some failing prospects like Molin, or some good guys who are probably going to lose the numbers game here like Jokipakka. Cutting off our nose to spite our face isn't particularly a good way of going about building a better long term franchise.

I think your value assessment of Cole is spot on.

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
I think your value assessment of Cole is spot on.

And Stafford has about the same value, I forgot to mention. Not a lot, but Cole can replace Stafford, and he's from... like, an hour from Buffalo.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
Cole is one of the highest scoring rentals available, if we don't get a 2nd I'll be very disappointed

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Cole is the highest goal scoring rental available if Dallas made him available. He's outscoring everyone mentioned in the rumor mill.

3rd would be about the minimum he's worth. A team like Boston with a major need, Two 2nd round picks, and the fact he fits their style makes a 2nd round pick not much of a stretch.

Dallas isn't looking to trade Cole though if they're seriously inquiring about adding Enroth.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Then they should expect to not trade him.

Viktor Fasth rec'd a 3rd + 5th last deadline, and he had 1 year remaining on his contract. Enroth is an UFA.

I stand corrected. I wasn't aware of the fact he was a pending UFA. In that case I wouldn't give up more than a 3rd plus Lindback or a C-prospect.. :)

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Starry Knight and Lobo have both been traded to the Seattle Forum that someone will eventually get around to creating. They haven't quite reached Vancouver level yet, but they are in the neighborhood. Might as well start getting use to the climate.

Knight can return for the occasional OHL update.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I really want him to be traded to Boston as they'll need a cheap defender after having to pay Hamilton and Krug, if they manage to keep both.

If Nill was willing to let go of Benn (and I hope he is), that could potentially guarantee you Boston's 2nd round pick and likely a player coming back ... I doubt KoKo or Spooner.

Cole + Benn for Boston's 2nd (likely around Top 50 unless the make Conference finals) + another later pick in 2016 or a prospect of some kind.

Maybe the 2nd in '15 and a 3rd in '16.

Dallasman

Jun 23, 2002
Edmonton,Alberta
If Nill was willing to let go of Benn (and I hope he is), that could potentially guarantee you Boston's 2nd round pick and likely a player coming back ... I doubt KoKo or Spooner.

Cole + Benn for Boston's 2nd (likely around Top 50 unless the make Conference finals) + another later pick in 2016 or a prospect of some kind.

Maybe the 2nd in '15 and a 3rd in '16.

Queue Hull Fan in 3...2...1

And if that offends you go suck on a lemon!

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
Boston's 2nd + for Cole and Benn is a good deal to me. Depends of course on what the + is.

Can Dallas retain any salary at this point?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad