Proposal: 2014/15 Season Trade Rumours and Proposals vol. V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
He is a 19 year old that was brought right from juniors to the nhl. He is most likely not the type of player that can make such a quick jump and be able to adapt quickly to the nhl.

Lazar needs to be in the ahl.

He can't be in the AHL, why do people bring it up?

He should be in junior, then go the AHL and then force his way unto the NHL roster

That's how you develop players

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
He can go to the ahl next season can't he?

Pretty sure ya, the age minimum in the A is 20 I think.

Junior, then AHL, then the big club. This is what I want for Lazar. But alas.. the feeble attempt to ice the best team took over, and here is is playing 8 minutes a game.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Lazar has been completely invisible in the NHL as far as I'm concerned

Which is ok, he's not losing us games. But if he's the "prized prospect" or "the kid who will turn into the man who will lead us to the promised land of Stanleyus Cupus!" then it's not good enough to get me excited

I have no idea how anyone can say they see top 6 potential in his play.
I can see how anyone would be skeptical about it, I can see how someone could say "he's 19, plenty of time for him to break out", I can see how someone might "he got lots of points in Junior but he was never what I'd call offensively gifted" though
To me anyone who says "he has top 6 potential" is basing it on management raving about him and his pedigree which is definitely considerable. However none of those can make up for offensive skill which I see very little of.

Again though, he's 19, players have major breakouts; they happen. But until they do, they don't.

I agree he's showed very little offensive upside in the NHL as a 19 year old but really how much does how a player struggling to produce as a 19 year old rookie in bottom 6 role expected to show. I think many of us would say Stone is a skilled guy with top 6 upside but throw him as a 19 year old on the sens and he'd be completely over matched, produce less then Lazar and people would likely say he is a bottom 6 guy. I put more value in the success he had in junior and at the WJs then i do in his struggles as a 19 years old in the nhl. Just my take but i can understand why wary of his ceiling being high.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
He can't be in the AHL, why do people bring it up?

He should be in junior, then go the AHL and then force his way unto the NHL roster

That's how you develop players

Te be fair, he was brought to the NHL because he would've wasted his time in the WHL. I don't think he had anything to do there anymore and management felt it would be better for him to play NHL and get a taste of it. Next year he will likely start in the AHL since he will be able and then will work his way to the NHL.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I agree he's showed very little offensive upside in the NHL as a 19 year old but really how much does how a player struggling to produce as a 19 year old rookie in bottom 6 role expected to show. I think many of us would say Stone is a skilled guy with top 6 upside but throw him as a 19 year old on the sens and he'd be completely over matched, produce less then Lazar and people would likely say he is a bottom 6 guy. I put more value in the success he had in junior and at the WJs then i do in his struggles as a 19 years old in the nhl. Just my take but i can understand why wary of his ceiling being high.

Unless the player is Crosby the answer is none

That's why you don't bring them up to play in the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: