Proposal: 2014/15 Season Trade Rumours and Proposals vol. V

Status
Not open for further replies.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
I'm not sure what people expect the end result to be if we wave Greening. The most likely scenario is that he clears, because moving him would mean retaining salary and possibly taking a different player back if contract limits are an issue. He is far more likely to be wanted in a trade scenario than in a waver situation.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I'm not sure what people expect the end result to be if we wave Greening. The most likely scenario is that he clears, because moving him would mean retaining salary and possibly taking a different player back if contract limits are an issue. He is far more likely to be wanted in a trade scenario than in a waver situation.

I expect him to be sent to an island in the middle of nowhere so we don't have to see him ever again.

Johnny Hanson

Jul 6, 2008
I like how everyone is pissed we didn't sign a high profile defenceman UFA last summer like its Walmart and you can just go buy talent as needed. If only it were that easy.

The one thing that is driving me nuts is our organization refusing to give up on colin greening. The guy flat out sucks at hockey. He is directly in the way of a couple prospects that deserve a chance over this plug. Waive him, trade him or bring him out behind the woodshed and shoot him.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Outside of his stupid penalty he took early on against Detroit last game he's been fine this year

I'm sure he'd be decent and could even be good if he played regularly: it's hard when you are playing every fourth or fifth game

Johnny Hanson

Jul 6, 2008
Outside of his stupid penalty he took early on against Detroit last game he's been fine this year

I'm sure he'd be decent and could even be good if he played regularly: it's hard when you are playing every fourth or fifth game

I might be wrong but I believe he's played every game since macleans been fired. Either way, he's showing no signs of improvement. I'm not even expecting anything from him - he just plays with no urgency or intensity whatsoever.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I might be wrong but I believe he's played every game since macleans been fired. Either way, he's showing no signs of improvement. I'm not even expecting anything from him - he just plays with no urgency or intensity whatsoever.

It's like he's out there trying to a cerebral game (he is very smart so makes sense) but man. He needs to know his role. Big fast. Wreak havoc. He just refuses to do so. Too nice. To soft. Not an NHLer.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
He might be the only guy on the team who is overpaid

Every team has one or two bad contract and really, Greening is overpaid by one million; maybe one and half
He's worth 900 k. He puts up next to zero points. Doesn't fight (doesn't matter but at least it's an element of the game) doesn't hit hard.
If you watch greening on tv. He will go at a defender in the corner for a hit. And then the camera pans out because the puck moves to center ice. And you can't even hear greening hit the defender. He literally slows down to an almost stand still and shoves players. It's pathetic.

Sens Mile

Sep 1, 2008
Making $1.2mil this year, RFA next year. In a perfect world they waive Greening and claim MPS. Couldn't hurt to see if he can put it together here. Don't think he really had a good chance in St. Louis

Melnyk is literally the cheapest owner in the NHL, im all for it, we have space after the injuries to Boro, Neil, and Smith. We won't though

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
Making $1.2mil this year, RFA next year. In a perfect world they waive Greening and claim MPS. Couldn't hurt to see if he can put it together here. Don't think he really had a good chance in St. Louis

For sure. The literal only thing Greening still has going for him, speed, is something MPS brings as well. Plus the chance to maybe grow into something more.

You old mustard tiger, you.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Melnyk is literally the cheapest owner in the NHL, im all for it, we have space after the injuries to Boro, Neil, and Smith. We won't though

You actually think there is an owner in the league who would bury greening's contract just so they can grab mps?....

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
You actually think there is an owner in the league who would bury greening's contract just so they can grab mps?....

If I was a rich owner I sure would.

Not saying Melnyk won't based on money but this move has better implications for the future of the team. MPS has MUCH higher upside than Greening; why not give it a shot?

Last edited:

fringie

May 20, 2013
Kanata
I am supporting us giving MPS a long look, maybe can even trade something for him. It would turn out great, with limited downside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad