2014-15 Schedule Released

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
awful set up for road trips...only thing of interest is Philly in Nov...was wanting to do Cali trip, but can't in October...

MFRONE

Feb 3, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Still annoyed that yet another season will pass and the COLUMBUS Blue Jackets won't play an afternoon game (or any game for that matter) on Columbus Day

jackets4life

Jan 16, 2013
Section 203
Wish we had more matinee games, but an acceptable schedule. We definitely have our share of big time friday and saturday home games. Also, absolutely thrilled to be getting the california trip out of the way early in the year.

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
End of March looks to be pretty tough, especially as we hope they are fighting for playoff seeding at that time. Seems like a decent home schedule all in all.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
Don't say anything at all
We get 5 dates each with Philly and Washington this year, with an extra road game against the Flyers and an extra home game against the Caps.

We play the other teams in our division twice each home and road.

We host Boston, Buffalo, Montreal and Toronto twice each and visit those teams once each.

We host Detroit, Florida, Ottawa, and Tampa Bay once each and visit those teams twice each.

We play one home game and one road game each against each of the Western teams.

Overall the schedule is looking good. We have to take control of our rivalry with Pittsburgh though if we are going to finish higher than them in the Metro, let alone win the Cup.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
The new Buffalo Harbour Center on opening night is out..... damn, the place won't be ready until 2015.... looks like another hotel night at the Emassy where the players stay but who cares, the Sabres opening vs. the Blue Jackets is a dream come true for me...

I'll be all in for the CBJ!!!!!

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
How was everyone's experience with the select a seat event?

I wasn't able to attend due to vacation but I emailed my rep my seating request and the games I wanted for my 1/2 flex plan. I haven't heard anything back yet. I know they would have been busy last week but I just have a sneaking suspicion that I'm going to get screwed with crappy seats because people who actually got to attend the even with less seniority than me got to pick before me. I sat in 203 last year.

I also hate how they do this event with such short notice. 1 week notice that the select a seat event is being held and then a 1 day notice with the group plan info for the flex plans to select the games you want. For people who plan summer vacations, this process is very inconvenient to me. I don't see any reason why they can't announce this event with more notice so people can plan more appropriately when they will be out of town.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
ours went ok...they changed our seats from last year from half set to full set...so we ended up having them change 1/4 sets into a 1/2 set plan for us so we could be where we wanted to...

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
ours went ok...they changed our seats from last year from half set to full set...so we ended up having them change 1/4 sets into a 1/2 set plan for us so we could be where we wanted to...

So are they basically creating more full season seats and pushing anyone back who doesn't have a full season plan?

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
they're over 10k season tix equivilents so they can be more stingy on what they offer...

I can understand that. And if a there a new full season ticket holders joining, I'm full ok with them getting better seats than me because they deserve it.

However, if they are just creating more space for full season ticket holders just for the sake of pushing 1/2 season holders back several rows it doesn't seem right to me.

I've been a partial season holder for 4 years now. 3 of which have been 1/2 season plans. While they are 10k full season equivalents, I doubt there are that many people actually buying full season packages.

Are there any other 1/2 season flex holders out there who got pushed into worse seats this season? and if so, where did you end up in comparison to last year?

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
I've been a 20-2-1 owner for many years and have never felt any pressure to change, nor have my seats ever been moved.

You must have a PSL and that is why you have never been moved. PSL holders are somewhat safe after what they tried to pull last season and take away all 20-2-1 PSL holders rights/benefits. The push back was so hard that they reversed their decision so quickly that many never noticed.

The higher ups in the ticketing department hate the partial plans. To most of them they view them as more trouble then they are worth and as the team continues to improve this will only get worse.

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
You must have a PSL and that is why you have never been moved. PSL holders are somewhat safe after what they tried to pull last season and take away all 20-2-1 PSL holders rights/benefits. The push back was so hard that they reversed their decision so quickly that many never noticed.

The higher ups in the ticketing department hate the partial plans. To most of them they view them as more trouble then they are worth and as the team continues to improve this will only get worse.

I do. Thanks for the explanation.

imderekpoe

Mar 22, 2009
Dublin, OH
...Are there any other 1/2 season flex holders out there who got pushed into worse seats this season? and if so, where did you end up in comparison to last year?

I'm a 1/4 season flex, and we ended up back 1 row from last year. I think our previous seats are 1/2 flex this year.

Unfortunately, I realize that my plan's at the bottom of the list so as (hopefully) sales increase I'm either going to have to up my plan to continue to move back.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005

I have a real problem with that logic if that is how the ticketing department works. How many teams can really get away with not having any sort of partial season ticket arrangements? It is a 41 game home season. Unless you have a huge history and wait list you'll never be able to get away from partial plans. Even NYR and LA Kings offer partial plans. Its a way of life for selling tickets in media markets where only a small few have such a following that they can get away without them.

I don't need a ton of perks, I just need to not be treated like a 2nd class citizen when I could easily stop buying a ticket plan and only buy the games I really want to go to.

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
The very idea of a FLEX plan would create nightmares for ticketing. I'm surprised they offer them. Since these plans offer choice of games, they consume more seats than traditional "assigned " partial plans. In a traditional assigned half season, two STH share the same seats, each attending half e games. In a flex, several people would want the same games, so this isn't possible. I get it from both CBJ and fan perspective, but I think it's a nightmare for them. As the team sees more success, I think the flex plans are not as easily managed.

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
Just saw that OSU's game against Michigan State will be at 8:00 on November 8th. The Jackets have a home game that same evening against Tampa at 7:00. Wonder if the Jackets move the game to 5:00 to avoid a conflict? It doesn't matter for me as I'm not a big OSU football fan, but many others are. Jackets do play in Carolina the night before, so they couldn't make the game too early the next day.

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
Just saw that OSU's game against Michigan State will be at 8:00 on November 8th. The Jackets have a home game that same evening against Tampa at 7:00. Wonder if the Jackets move the game to 5:00 to avoid a conflict? It doesn't matter for me as I'm not a big OSU football fan, but many others are. Jackets do play in Carolina the night before, so they couldn't make the game too early the next day.

I believe there is a rule that there has to be at least 24 hours separating start times on back-to-back games. The OSU game is a road game - I imagine the Jackets will leave this game where it is.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
Did I misunderstand what was said about the select-a-seat or do STHs not have right of first refusal to keep their same seats from the prior season?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad