Salary Cap: 2014-15 Roster-Building XIII | UFA/TRADE IDEAS HERE | Pens targeting Kulemin, Pouliot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I'm guessing Pouliot/Kulemin would be an either/or, not both.

Yeah, gotta go Kulemin every time there.

Interesting.

RRP.

Taking the attention away from Sid and Geno is paramount. But you can do that by bringing in players who can possess the puck and make things happen on their own. A big reason why Sid gets manhandled is b/c he's the only one on his line who is remotely dangerous as a puck carrier.

And by building a legit 4th line with edge that can impact a game, you help solve that as well. You don't need Komarov.

Only if that player's on Sid's line, which I don't see happening this off-season.

I'd like Jay McClement if we're looking for a 4th line center. Great defensively, decent size/physicality, and one of the best PKers in the league. Coming off a deal where he had a 1.5m cap hit but he probably won't see a raise on that.

Spaling - Sutter - Dupuis
XXX - McClement - Megna

Ditto. McClement would be great.

SidDidNothingWrong

Beau's IcedCapp
Jan 2, 2014

shureshot66

Aug 2, 2005
Oh yeah, I just looked it up and he was given a qualifying offer. Do you think we could possibly shop Sutter or something for him?
Nope. Sather does like to play hardball with his RFAs (see M. Staal, Dubinsky, et al), but there's zero indication they'd trade him.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Kulemin isn't the type of player to leech. That's one of the big things here. That's not his game.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
Kulemin are miles ahed of Pouliot on 2-way play and forechecking tho. also, Kulemin has been bumped further and further down the lineup in Toronto

SidDidNothingWrong

Beau's IcedCapp
Jan 2, 2014
Nope. Sather does like to play hardball with his RFAs (see M. Staal, Dubinsky, et al), but there's zero indication they'd trade him.

Yeah, I was hoping after the Carey Price incident maybe Sather would let him go, but I can totally understand why they would want to keep him. He is such a pest lol I would love him to be on this team.

BumFortyOne

Nov 13, 2006
Berkeley
If Dupuis and Scuderi are both here to stay this season, I would definitely want to take a look at Setoguchi to compete with Bennett for a top-six spot. He's a guy that might come cheap on a 1-2 year deal to try to prove his worth alongside a legit center.

Kulemin-Malkin-Hornqvist
Kunitz-Crosby-Setoguchi/Bennett
Dupuis-Sutter-Bennett/Setoguchi
Spaling-Malhotra-Megna

Looks pretty good to me. If Bennett earns his spot over Setoguchi, then so much the better. Setoguchi at least has the speed and throws his body enough to be useful in a bottom-six role.

specialized

Jan 24, 2013
I cant wait til the pens get Kulemin that 9 goals and 20 points will be noticed right away,and of course Malkin would be happy.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
WHen will we sign Mueller? I think this is the 2nd or 3rd time im on the Mueller train! He will come dirt cheap and i really, really think he can still produce at NHL level.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
I can't wait for Kulemin to do exactly what his proponents say he will, his detractors to continue to think anyone said he would be a 30-goal scorer, and many angry letters smashed.

I swear, some people just don't read. They argue against ghosts. GHOSTS, JERRY.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad