Salary Cap: 2014-15 Roster-building Thread XIII : A Rutherford Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston
DP right now, as he was in the juniors, is still a defensive liability. There are at least two Ds drafted after him that were playing in the NHL last year, Trouba and Maata. If as you say, DP has all this skill then why isn't he up here right now.??????

You forgot Ceci.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
DP right now, as he was in the juniors, is still a defensive liability. There are at least two Ds drafted after him that were playing in the NHL last year, Trouba and Maata. If as you say, DP has all this skill then why isn't he up here right now.??????

Trouba and Maatta can't hold DPs jock offensively.

DP just got out of juniors several months ago and you are upset his defensive game isn't NHL ready yet?

Are you serious?

The Greatest 101

Dec 10, 2013
Manchuria
Ya, I think most of us have agreed this is where things went to ****.

However, Shero was never going to use a first round pick on a Euro fwd. I think those people lamenting this missing out on Forsberg idea need to wake up and realize that.

He could have drafted Trouba.Pouliot isn't worth that pick whatsoever.

Hottubber

Feb 9, 2010
I think a good chunk of the DP haters on this board have never seen him play a handful or let alone a single games in junior or the A

Last edited:

penguins2946*

I think Pouliot is the most unjustly disliked prospect the Pens have had in years. He scored over a PPG in the regular season in the WHL, almost beat the record for most points scored by a D in the WHL playoffs and has made a smooth transition to pro hockey while scoring nearly a PPG in his rookie season. Yet, people still hate him. It's laughable.

Michael8771*

DP is a fine prospect and I have no issue with him as such. My issues is with RS and his inability or unwillingness to draft Forsberg. Whatever his reasoning was on that matter it was flawed. I won't hold that against DP however, he has the potential to be a dynamic offensive defensemen. I think his ceiling is higher than Letangs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad