Salary Cap: 2014-15 Roster-building Thread XI : Yeah still looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pensfan71

Jun 9, 2010
Parenteau plays for Montreal now, not Colorado. I still don't think Tlusty or Foligno will command over $5 million, I see them topping out at $4.5 million.

True, forgot about that.

4.5 is doable as long as we're walking away from either Scuderi or Kunitz

Foligno will cost us more than Dumo IMO. Don't like Tlusty, maybe 2 years ago. Glencross could be a good option for us though.

Both would be great

drpepper

Dec 10, 2013
Parenteau plays for Montreal now, not Colorado. I still don't think Tlusty or Foligno will command over $5 million, I see them topping out at $4.5 million.

If N Foligno only gets 4.5 million why isn't CBJ re-signing him? Same question for Tlusty in CAR.

Are you just assuming the player doesn't want to re-sign? Is there any evidence of that?

pensfan71

Jun 9, 2010
If N Foligno only gets 4.5 million why isn't CBJ re-signing him? Same question for Tlusty in CAR.

Are you just assuming the player doesn't want to re-sign? Is there any evidence of that?

Both teams suck? Might be a very good reason...

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston
So much talk about drafting Forsberg, his development went the way it did because of the decision the Nashville management had done. He would have turned out differently in Pittsburgh, he would have been rushed into the lineup and if he wasn't following the system well, down to the AHL he goes. Believe me, looking at what Nashville did and what would have happened in Pittsburgh, you can't say Forsberg does the same.

Though I do agree that the Pens should have chosen someone other than Pouliot, Shero chose potential rather than who could help the lineup

Rushing skilled forwards in the line-up was DBs favorite thing to do!!!!

penguins2946*

Beat me to it. I think playing on a contender with 2 of the top centers in the league is slightly more appealing than playing on 2 bad teams.

drpepper

Dec 10, 2013

Beat me to it. I think playing on a contender with 2 of the top centers in the league is slightly more appealing than playing on 2 bad teams.

Players sign and re-sign with bad teams all the time. I was just wondering if there was something specific that made it more likely that these two players would be available.

It sounds like there is no reason to believe one way or the other that these players would be available for a trade.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
[*]I don't see any reason why Malkin, Jagr, and Comeau can't hold onto the puck and dominate possession. For pete's sake, Malkin and Comeau were able to dominate possession on their own last night.

In November. Against a team with a 7-13-3 record.

[*]That's a potent third scoring line. The combination of Sutter, a two-way sniper, Bennett, a playmaker, and Kunitz, who should pretty much just go to the net and the corners on this line, would be great depth during a playoff run.
[*]Playing on the third line might light a fire under Kunitz's rear end. Not only would he bring it during the playoffs, but he'd remember losing his spot in 2015-16.

Kunitz is having a rough start to the year, but I'm not about to concede his top 6 spot in the playoffs to a tweener like Tlusty just yet.

[*]The fourth line would operate as the checking line for this squad. They can play shutdown hockey, with Downie getting in the face of the likes of Tavares on the NYI, Ovechkin on WAS, Stamkos on Tampa, and Toews / Kane on CHI. Switch Spaling and Downie to their natural sides.

Pretty slow line though.

pensfan71

Jun 9, 2010
Players sign and re-sign with bad teams all the time. I was just wondering if there was something specific that made it more likely that these two players would be available.

It sounds like there is no reason to believe one way or the other that these players would be available for a trade.

They only way they resign with a bad team is if the money is too ridiculous to pass up. I don't see Foligno signing in CBJ for less than 5.5-6, which is basically what RyJo got and I doubt they're going to give him that. Carolina is just too cheap to pay up so...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad