deadly top 9.

Doesn't mean a hill of beans if DB is still around. He will do this

Kunitz- Crosby - Dupuis
JVR - Malkin - Neal
Kulemin - Sutter - Bennett

BumFortyOne

Nov 13, 2006
Berkeley
Would there be any interest in Setoguchi as a free agent? He's still young (27), fast and isn't afraid to throw a hit. He has obviously never reproduced his 30 goal season when he played with Thornton, but he's been on pace for over 20 goals per season every year but this most recent one. He also cant seem to stay healthy for a full season. I know he's been talked to death in years past on here, but he could be an under the radar type of pickup that could come cheap and requires no assets.

We're still throwing around Kulemin and Stewart as potential targets, so why not Setoguchi?

For a very meh lineup with no big moves (and sure to please absolutely nobody):

Kunitz-Crosby-Setoguchi
Kulemin-Malkin-Neal
Bennett-Sutter-Dupuis
Gibbons-Sill-Megna

Martin-Letang
Maatta-Scuderi
Despres-Bortuzzo

Fleury
Zatkoff

Last edited:

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Would there be any interest in Setoguchi as a free agent?

We're still throwing around Kulemin and Stewart as potential targets, so why not Setoguchi?

For a very meh lineup with no big moves (and sure to please absolutely nobody):

Kunitz-Crosby-Setoguchi
Kulemin-Malkin-Neal
Bennett-Sutter-Dupuis
Gibbons-Sill-Megna

If we miss out on other wingers, I'd take a shot at him. Worse case he can still move up/down the lineup, skate and forecheck.

Space Coyote

Oct 29, 2010
Letang+2015 3rd+2014 4th for JVR+Kulemins rights

Kunitz-Crosby-JVR
Kulemin-Geno-Neal
Bennett-Sutter-Dupuis

deadly top 9.

Leaf fan here. I don't think the Leafs would have any interest in Letang for JVR. They would be looking to upgrade their 1C position.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
Leaf fan here. I don't think the Leafs would have any interest in Letang for JVR. They would be looking to upgrade their 1C position.

If the entire team but 4 players are available, then I think they're looking at upgrading a lot more than one position.

YinzAintBurgh*

There is no situation where a team is looking at Scuderi and Boyle at the same time. They might as well play different positions.

Obviously the Pens looked at it as a lost opportunity because they announce the GM the very next day :laugh:

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
I've said this several times and haven't got response. But I can't get it out of my head

Cammellari-Crosby-Stewart
Kunitz-Malkin-Neal

Would be the best and cheapest option without giving up too many assets. I think Cam and Stewart fit Crosby's game perfectly and Cam really steps his game up when under pressure.

KMN reunites 1 of the most dominant lines in recent memory. Kunitz game has changed, but I think he can revert back and only played the away he did because of Dupuis injury

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
I've said this several times and haven't got response. But I can't get it out of my head

Cammellari-Crosby-Stewart
Kunitz-Malkin-Neal

Would be the best and cheapest option without giving up too many assets. I think Cam and Stewart fit Crosby's game perfectly and Cam really steps his game up when under pressure.

KMN reunites 1 of the most dominant lines in recent memory. Kunitz game has changed, but I think he can revert back and only played the away he did because of Dupuis injury

Thats adding 9-10mil in salary for the first line. How you going to swing that?

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
I guess we can finally stop putting Adams in our rosters. The Scuderi situation will be interesting. His analytics were truly awful this year. Might be a decision with the new coach to see if the system we'll employ can allow Scuds to be successful here.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
So who could be some possible vocal leaders available for trade?

I wonder if JR will go after Kesler.

Mentioned it in the other thread. I agree. Seems like a move that fits what he did to win in 06. Fits us on and off the ice.

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
Mentioned it in the other thread. I agree. Seems like a move that fits what he did to win in 06. Fits us on and off the ice.

Poor Sutter, traded twice by the same GM. If we can bring in Kesler and he can pick up an A and be vocal and take that load off Crosby, then I am fine with it.

Jesus Vitale

Formerly CPZ17
Nov 19, 2010
Pittsburgh
JR isn't gonna trade Sutter. he's gonna trade FOR all the other Sutters. Just like the Staals, he had Brody, Brandon and Brett all in Carolina. hockey families to him are like Pokemon; he's gotta catch 'em all.

YinzAintBurgh*

I have no idea how you could possibly make that connection. The two aren't the slightest bit related.

How does it not? The two of you that don't get it are making me go crazy. You cannot make moves and trades without a GM! What if the Islanders were interested in Scuderi? All I have heard in all these trade rumor threads is the Islanders were one of the only teams that would and could take on Scuderi and his contract. Moral of the story opportunity lost because they wanted to take their sweet time with announcing the GM.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
How does it not? The two of you that don't get it are making me go crazy. You cannot make moves and trades without a GM! What if the Islanders were interested in Scuderi? All I have heard in all these trade rumor threads is the Islanders were one of the only teams that would and could take on Scuderi and his contract. Moral of the story opportunity lost because they wanted to take their sweet time with announcing the GM.

I'm pretty sure the majority of the board will disagree with you that the two are related. They aren't. Boyle and Scuderi are not the same type of player. If a team wants an OFD they sure as hell aren't interested in Scuderi.

They didn't make the announcement today because of a small move the Islanders made. That makes no sense.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
JR talked about changes, he also talked about not doing much during free agency, so i guess we gotta assume there are going to be some trades, should be a fun off season.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
JR talked about changes, he also talked about not doing much during free agency, so i guess we gotta assume there are going to be some trades, should be a fun off season.

That's not surprising considering the Penguins have about a million young defensemen they could trade to fill up the forward depth on this team.

drpepper

Dec 10, 2013
That's not surprising considering the Penguins have about a million young defensemen they could trade to fill up the forward depth on this team.

The young d-men will bring back bottom 6 help.

But I doubt even in a package they are going to help with the two top six wingers needed for Malkin and Crosby unless the package is Maatta or Pouliot and a 1st (which will kill Pens top quality d depth). I have no idea how he is going to trade for them or who he could trade them for; it should be an interesting offseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad