2014-15 Rangers Defensemen

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
John Moore back in the lineup on Tuesday is a good thing. Hunwick has been very shaky this weekend. However, I'd sit Allen against the Pens on Tuesday, but not send him to Hartford. If Hunwick plays another poor game, give Allen a go on Thursday against the Avs.

Shouldn't make a permanent decision for the stop-gap until McDonagh gets back just yet. Hunwick had skated previously like he could be this teams 3LD. Let's see if he gets that back.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
John Moore back in the lineup on Tuesday is a good thing. Hunwick has been very shaky this weekend. However, I'd sit Allen against the Pens on Tuesday, but not send him to Hartford. If Hunwick plays another poor game, give Allen a go on Thursday against the Avs.

Shouldn't make a permanent decision for the stop-gap until McDonagh gets back just yet. Hunwick had skated previously like he could be this teams 3LD. Let's see if he gets that back.

hunwick hasnt been horrible, his skating and puck decisions are usually sound. his passing ability is as good as any other dman on this roster right now.

hes just come back to earth. hes made some glaring mistakes that have ended up in the net.

looking forward to seeing JM get some prime time minutes. if he can grab some of the pp minutes hunwick has been getting, i think his shot can make a difference. hes got a better slapper than does hunwick although hunwicks release is quite fast for a dman.

either way, sitting one of kostka or allen is addition by subtraction for tues night

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Hunwick's play has been eye-opening. He's proven he can play in this team's top-6.
The problem with judging bit players in small sample sized is that they can look really good for a few games, but inevitably revert to who they really are. IMO, Hunwick is no exception.

Hunwick's overall play, to me, has been far from eye opening.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
The problem with judging bit players in small sample sized is that they can look really good for a few games, but inevitably revert to who they really are. IMO, Hunwick is no exception.

Hunwick's overall play, to me, has been far from eye opening.

Funny point to make, really. Considering, I posted that based off of Hunwick's first 10 games in Blue, yet, you're here saying he's reverted back to his normal self in his past 2 games.

How bout that?

Still a small sample size, but he looked better than passable in his first 10 games, better than I thought he'd be in our top-6. Which is why my post from earlier this morning about our D is probably more of a barometer of Hunwick's play.

If it's him or Allen sitting when JMoore comes back, it should be Allen at first. If Hunwick plays like he did this weekend, put Allen back in. If he plays as he played earlier in the year, send Allen back to the A.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Funny point to make, really. Considering, I posted that based off of Hunwick's first 10 games in Blue, yet, you're here saying he's reverted back to his normal self in his past 2 games.

How bout that?
I was referring to what he has been over his entire career. 10 games is the small sample compared to what he has been over his entire career.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
I was referring to what he has been over his entire career. 10 games is the small sample compared to what he has been over his entire career.

Which is a middling 6/7D, no? Exactly how he's been playing?

I originally referred to his play as 'eye-opening' because he was playing like he was a consistent top-6. Not because I thought he was lighting the world on fire or anything.

The past 2 games have been rough on him, let's see how he responds Tuesday. That's all I'm saying in my posts.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Eklund may be bullspit often,
and i dont want to trade Staal,
but for Justin Faulk, I'd appreciate it

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=63797&blogger_id=1

"I am now hearing the Hurricanes may actually be increasing their roster by a Staal.

Things are starting to get dicey with Mark Staal in NY and sources tell me the Canes and Rangers have begun some preliminary discussions regarding a move that could bring a fourth Stall brother to the Carolinas(youngest brother Jared is with the Canes AHL affiliate in Charlotte). The early volleys however are an indication that the Rangers want quite a lot, as they should for the pending free agent defenseman.

One source described it as, "Justin Faulk is the main target, Jeff Skinner their fallback, but only if the Rangers manage to pick up another defenseman along the way."

Well, that's a horribly written article. I seriously doubt that the Rangers are targeting Skinner and his large contract with our depth at both wings. Also, the Hurricanes aren't moving Faulk.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@ev_sporer: Meanwhile, since McDonagh injury:

Girardi ATOI 28:40
Staal ATOI 25:42
Hunwick ATOI 21:50
Kostka ATOI: 15:20

Just absurd to look at.”

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012

Just absurd to look at.â€

Hunwick and Kostka can't be getting anywhere near that amount of time. Thankfully we get Boyle back soon, and to an even lesser extent Moore is back

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course

Just absurd to look at.â€

What do you expect when four of your top six defenders are out of the lineup? And things already changed since first Allen and now Moore are back. And while yesterday's game made it easy to spread the ice time around (scoring 3 goals in the first period never hurts), the top four all played around 22 minutes each (Girardi led the group with 23 1/2 minutes), with Hunwick and Kostka playing 15 1/2 and 12 minutes.

Plus, Boyle's coming back tomorrow.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Eklund may be bullspit often,
and i dont want to trade Staal,
but for Justin Faulk, I'd appreciate it

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=63797&blogger_id=1

"I am now hearing the Hurricanes may actually be increasing their roster by a Staal.

Things are starting to get dicey with Mark Staal in NY and sources tell me the Canes and Rangers have begun some preliminary discussions regarding a move that could bring a fourth Stall brother to the Carolinas(youngest brother Jared is with the Canes AHL affiliate in Charlotte). The early volleys however are an indication that the Rangers want quite a lot, as they should for the pending free agent defenseman.

One source described it as, "Justin Faulk is the main target, Jeff Skinner their fallback, but only if the Rangers manage to pick up another defenseman along the way."

Well its practically confirmed. Marc Staal will not be a Hurricane

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad