Pre-Game Talk: 2014-15 Playoffs - SCF: Tampa Bay Lightning vs. Chicago Blackhawks

Status
Not open for further replies.

My Cozen Dylan

Feb 21, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
Congrats guys! I've been pulling for you all playoffs long (gotta root for the home team!) and before the playoffs began I picked you guys to win it all! Hopefully I'll be right!

Bolto

?
Nov 3, 2006
Spring Hill, FL
Anderson and Crawford have both looked vulnerable during this series. We can do it.

Hoping for a multiple overtime game 7 for the Ducks/Hawks.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
To expand my reply a bit more...

It's hard because I think Chicago is the better matchup. They play more our style, and they are down to only 4 defenseman they can count on. BUT... they have won the Cup twice recently so you know they will dig deep and they know how to get it done. I think it's a bit of careful what you wish for there.

Anaheim has been lackadaisical at times kind of like our Bolts, but they play a style that can be dangerous to us and have more depth on D. Though we'd have more of a speed advantage against them, I could see them getting a lot of Rangers-style goals on us.

The only thing I'm sure of is their goalies aren't even worth mentioning next to Lundqvist, Price, or even Mrazek.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
I'm going to have to make a new final fantasy gif.

But who to put in it?
Round one was Stamkos, Hedman and Bishop

Round 2 was TKO

Round 3 was the Rangers cast offs.

I'm thinking maybe the misfits.
Drouin JAM and one of Nesterov or Namestikov

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
I'm going to have to make a new final fantasy gif.

But who to put in it?
Round one was Stamkos, Hedman and Bishop

Round 2 was TKO

Round 3 was the Rangers cast offs.

I'm thinking maybe the misfits.
Drouin JAM and one of Nesterov or Namestikov

The scapegoats. Carle, Sustr and Morrow.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
I love how many people are already counting us out. The "MUH WEST" crowd thinks we're getting swept or only win one game max. Being the underdog would make winning all the sweeter.

Cigar City

Apr 21, 2012
Tampa
Soooooo I'm pretty sure it's sold out and the general public sale hasn't even opened up yet... Lol damn

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Does anyone know how to buy jerseys with the Cup Final patches on them? Are they available yet?

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
It just occurred to me that we are 4 wins away from Matt Carle's name being inscribed on the Stanley Cup

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
Seems like the prevailing preference is for Chicago. The downside to that is that these "who do you prefer" things never seem to work out, because the other team ends up winning first. Just look at what Habs fans wanted between the Wings and Bolts and see how that worked out.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Seems like the prevailing preference is for Chicago. The downside to that is that these "who do you prefer" things never seem to work out, because the other team ends up winning first. Just look at what Habs fans wanted between the Wings and Bolts and see how that worked out.

I want Chicago because

a) I don't think we can handle the size of Anaheim.
b) Chicago only seems to have 2 D pairings, would love to send TKO against that.

I think either team will give us one hell of a battle, but I feel slightly better about going against Chicago.

ChewiesArmy

Apr 15, 2012
Rockford, IL
Holy **** gotta stay off the main boards. Might as well not even play since we are apparently a AHL team compared to the mighty mighty west :sarcasm:

Yeah, there are a lot of Western team fans that have already written off the East. I don't get it. What I watched of the Lightning, they are a very well rounded team. They can play possession type game to match the Hawks, but they can also be very physical to match the Ducks. IMO, they are a mixture of the Hawks and Ducks. Throw in that Bishop looks like he has got the net on lockdown, and they are a dangerous team. They are fun to watch.

If the Hawks win, I think they beat the Lightning in 6 or 7, but if the Ducks win, I see the Bolts hoisting the cup.

ChewiesArmy

Apr 15, 2012
Rockford, IL
All games start at 8 no matter the opponent.

I think TB could beat either of them but I think they would have an "easier" time with Chicago.

Both Chicago and Anaheim have good forward groups. Anaheim is more physical overall, Chicago is more skilled overall. But Anaheim has some great defensemen top to bottom, Chicago has like 3, maybe 4. I feel as though our guys would completely wear them down.

As for goaltending, neither Andersen nor Crawford are better than Bishop. Both can be inconsistent as well. And playing either of them is going to seem like a cakewalk compared to having to go through Price and Lundqvist. :laugh:

The other big thing is if we play Chicago, we get home ice. Although that hasnt worked out too well for us these playoffs after being the best home team in the league. So weird.

Ill take TB over Chicago or Anaheim in 6. We can do this!!

Not here to start trouble...but ask Anaheim fans how it has been going wearing down the D of Chi. That is all Chi fans heard from the Duck fans. The Chi D is shallow and will tire out. They will get blasted game in and game out until they crumble. I think the top 4 have gotten stronger, and Keith looks out to prove a point...like Doughty last year.

Now, maybe TB can wear them down by matching the skill of the Hawks, playing fast, but, I do know the Ducks playing tough hasn't done it.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Personally think we match up better with anaheim

I'd prefer Chicago because I think an Anaheim series would be similar to the Detroit series. Chicago will try to beat our speed and skill with theirs, whereas I can see the Ducks hooking and holding us into oblivion.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I'd prefer Chicago because I think an Anaheim series would be similar to the Detroit series. Chicago will try to beat our speed and skill with theirs, whereas I can see the Ducks hooking and holding us into oblivion.

I think either team we would be able to handle.

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
Not here to start trouble...but ask Anaheim fans how it has been going wearing down the D of Chi. That is all Chi fans heard from the Duck fans. The Chi D is shallow and will tire out. They will get blasted game in and game out until they crumble. I think the top 4 have gotten stronger, and Keith looks out to prove a point...like Doughty last year.

Now, maybe TB can wear them down by matching the skill of the Hawks, playing fast, but, I do know the Ducks playing tough hasn't done it.

TB offense is way better than Anaheims, and more importantly, much much much faster. That's the key. Imagine Perry and Getzlaf type skill on Coglianos legs. Then multiply that by 6.

Chicago might only have the 3 DMen, but all 3 are great DMen. No doubt TB won't walk over them, but I have no doubt they can wear down them with their skating. Except Keith, because he's a cyborg.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
These were the face value prices on Ticketmaste

LEXUS-Includes Food & Drink
US $796.75 (US $830.50 with fees)
US $996.75 (US $1,035.05 with fees)

PROMENADE LEVEL - 1ST LEVEL OF 3 LEVELS
US $331.75 (US $354.85 with fees)
US $446.75 (US $472.50 with fees)

BLUE LINE CLUB
US $446.75 (US $472.50 with fees)

CLUB LEVEL - 2ND LEVEL OF 3 LEVELS
US $281.75 (US $303.70 with fees)
US $356.75 (US $380.40 with fees)

TERRACE LEVEL - 3RD LEVEL OF 3 LEVELS
US $176.75 (US $196.30 with fees)
US $216.75 (US $237.20 with fees)

Last edited:

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
So ****ing proud to be a fan of this team right now. We are 4 wreckin wins away from the holy grail :yo:
And it makes me even more proud to see that so many fans from other teams seem to like our little boys so much. There is just sooo much going right in this organization right now :handclap:

And no matter if we loose or win I will be so ****ing proud of the guys. Well obviously I will be dissapointet at first but still.

But Cooper please for the love of god just hand Carles job over to Nesterov. I don't care if playing two "rookies" is to dangerous in the playoffs. Nesterov plays the game on a level Carle can only dream of right now. Whenever Nesty gets a shift he is noticable and rarely with a bad turnover like Sustr and Carle. Anyways that will likely stay a pipe dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad