*2014-15 NHL TV Ratings*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kadoosh*

Chicago is phenomenal and Tampa is very good, but there seems to be a lack of real ratings growth nationwide

Meh, it is hard for sports (Except Pro Football) to get any real eye popping national numbers nowadays with all the options on TV

Last Night's NBA Final only got 23-24 million. The College Football Final just got 28 million.

All things considered, especially having 2 games on NBCSN and having teams who dont have the most exciting style of play, I think this has been a good ratings Postseason for the NHL.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
Somehow Chicago post a 54.9 for Super Bowl this year, even higher than Seattle, without Bears it's mind boggling.

We had a massive blizzard that day. Tons of people stayed in and watched at home.

Shows how flawed ratings can be. I'm certain more people watched Monday than the Sox clincher, for instance. More people go out for hockey.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Every other championship event is competing against other sports or entertainment shows in TV, the Super Bowl is so big nobody even tries to compete against it.

The NHL can't even get the SCF on a radio network in the US ( it is on satellite radio )

Meh, it is hard for sports (Except Pro Football) to get any real eye popping national numbers nowadays with all the options on TV

Last Night's NBA Final only got 23-24 million. The College Football Final just got 28 million.

All things considered, especially having 2 games on NBCSN and having teams who dont have the most exciting style of play, I think this has been a good ratings Postseason for the NHL.

May 15, 2015
I'd like to know Bostons ratings for the NBA finals, NYs rating for the NHL finals, PIT/Philly/DC NHL v NBA finals ratings.

From SportsMediaWatch Boston avg 7.9 on NBA Finals ranked 50th, Providence 6.4 ranked 55th, two major Hockey markets, seems both scored lower numbers in SCF (Boston 5.2 4th, Providence 4.1 10th)

Last edited:

CBCnutcase

Sep 11, 2007
Seattle gets an asterisk as the NBC station (KING) there refuses to air hockey in favor of local news and the games are moved to a UHF channel. Plus Seattle also gets CBC on basic cable and those numbers are not measured.

Actually, that was the case last year where the games were put on KONG 16. This year all 4 games were on KING 5.

OK I stand corrected - but I am certain many hardcore fans look at CBC.
This is probably the 1st year KING showed all weekday games. Fenway, you're right about that many Seattlites prefer watching the CBC over NBC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad