OT: 2014-15 NFL Season Thread

Philly85*

I Ain't Even Mad
Mar 28, 2009
Lol @ the Redskins. Hopefully this will shut the media obsession surrounding them (and more specifically RG 3 of course) up for awhile.

And TD Washington!

Last edited:

timekeep

Apr 28, 2010
21-7 Chargers after the first half over the Texans. Thought this was going to be a blow out for the Texans.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
Lol @ the Redskins. Hopefully this will shut the media obsession surrounding them (and more specifically RG 3 of course) up for awhile.

And TD Washington!

Philly and Washington kind of changed positions. Last two years ESPN has been obsessed with the Eagles, calling them Super Bowl threat, etc. only for them to fall flat on their faces. This year pretty much everyone thought they were going to be terrible and then they walk into Washington and run over the much-ballyhooed Redskins.

Didn't catch any of the second game. Looks like Rivers is back in typical form, blowing the game with a pick-six, according to the boxscore at least. How many weeks are we likely to have where one of Rivers or Tony Romo doesn't gag a game away with a 4th quarter pick? 1/1 so far.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I don't know how long PHI is going to last with that offense, they couldn't even keep it going for a full game let alone a full year. How long until guys start getting hurt or start not liking the pounding they are getting. Like to see what happens when some of those lineman that loss 20lbs to play this offense start going down. Are the backups going to be able to keep up?

RG3 looked bad, but it was expected. I still expect them to get 9 or 10 wins.

misfit

5-14-6-1
Feb 2, 2004
just north of...everything
That game was a disgrace. 3 turnovers on the first 3 possessions to start the game. Couldn't execute anywhere (they even missed a FG within 40 yards), and then the one guy who was actually performing had to leave the game because they think he might have been concussed.

Kerrigan always plays well against the Eagles, but unfortunately, Vick always lights up the Redskins. He didn't dress in any of the WSH/PHI games last year and the Skins swept the series.

Chip Kelley's offense was as advertised, but they were on the field a lot on account of the Redskins offense giving the ball back as often as they did. I think their early game point surge had more to do with the sheer amount of opportunities they had than the offense being hard to deal. I mean, yes, they made a lot of plays, and they put up a lot of points, but they were also constantly on the field because the Redskins kept giving them the ball back.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
That game was a disgrace. 3 turnovers on the first 3 possessions to start the game. Couldn't execute anywhere (they even missed a FG within 40 yards), and then the one guy who was actually performing had to leave the game because they think he might have been concussed.

Kerrigan always plays well against the Eagles, but unfortunately, Vick always lights up the Redskins. He didn't dress in any of the WSH/PHI games last year and the Skins swept the series.

Chip Kelley's offense was as advertised, but they were on the field a lot on account of the Redskins offense giving the ball back as often as they did. I think their early game point surge had more to do with the sheer amount of opportunities they had than the offense being hard to deal. I mean, yes, they made a lot of plays, and they put up a lot of points, but they were also constantly on the field because the Redskins kept giving them the ball back.

I think after a couple of weeks once the coaches have time to go over the film of that offense it will lose a lot of it effectiveness.

Miami won some games early on with the Wildcat offense but now its not as effective as it once was.

#ualberta
Dec 13, 2010
Edmonton
The "RedSkins" and Giants seem to be really struggling off the start

This 49ers seahawks game should be good tho

Philly85*

I Ain't Even Mad
Mar 28, 2009
Wow that was a dominating effort by Seattle's defence. Talk about a total team victory, they are rock solid. Statement game in week 2, IMO. Good for them. Also, the G Men look bad this year.

#ualberta
Dec 13, 2010
Edmonton
On a high note the Broncos are 2-0 scoring more than 40 points in both those games
Its early but Peyton and co. have looked dominant

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Can someone tell me why a fan would blow a whistle to screw up the home team?

I wonder it was one of those cops undercover wearing a 49ers jersey

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Wow, Seattle looks good this year. Great unis, a dominating defence and a cocky, but not over the top attitude. Their D reminds me a bit of the Ravens dominant defence of past years, but this team has Russell Wilson at the helm, not Trent Dilfer, and he's just going to get better and better. After seeing them dismantle the previously monstrous 49ers, I'd have to say they are my early NFC pick to go the SB. If they can get home field advantage, I think that should clinch it.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Wow, Seattle looks good this year. Great unis, a dominating defence and a cocky, but not over the top attitude. Their D reminds me a bit of the Ravens dominant defence of past years, but this team has Russell Wilson at the helm, not Trent Dilfer, and he's just going to get better and better. After seeing them dismantle the previously monstrous 49ers, I'd have to say they are my early NFC pick to go the SB. If they can get home field advantage, I think that should clinch it.

wait what? lime green doesn't belong in sports

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
wait what? lime green doesn't belong in sports

Trust me, normally, I'd be gagging at it. But for some strange reason, with the Seahawks unis, it works. Love the way the broken striping is done on the pants. They're unique, but in a grown up, cool kind of way, not like some of the other garbage that's been introduced as uniforms on too many teams, and looks like it's been sent in by a 6 year old with a new set of crayons.

0ilerman

The King
Mar 17, 2008
Capital City
ZOMG

trent richardson to the colts

So they're giving up on the season in week 3 I guess.
I don't get why you trade a top 5 running back away for a pick? He's a recent 1st round pick.

More importantly, the NFL is gonna have to stop showing my favourite commercial 4327843237 times every Sunday. I love that NFL Fantasy football commercial:laugh:

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
That ****ing does it.

I'm ****ing done with the Cleveland ****ing Browns. Richardson was a stud. That is the biggest piece of ********. YEARS of **** with that team.

Enough. **** this team. Ima cheer for Indy cause THEY know what they are doing.

And sign Willis ****ING McGahee. What a ****ing joke.

Connor McOilers

We have the precious
Feb 16, 2013
^Oilers fan and a Browns fan? Damn, that's pain right there. I always had a bit of a soft spot for the raiders so I know true incompetence when I see it but the Seahawks have always been my main team.

So they're giving up on the season in week 3 I guess.
I don't get why you trade a top 5 running back away for a pick? He's a recent 1st round pick.

More importantly, the NFL is gonna have to stop showing my favourite commercial 4327843237 times every Sunday. I love that NFL Fantasy football commercial:laugh:

Not really the point but Richardson hasn't reached top 5 RB status yet IMO, endless potential though.

Anyways my brother the massive colts fan thinks it might have something to do with Richardson wanting out of Cleveland based on the fact that the return was pretty half ass (Richardson drafted 3rd overall last year, the colts first round pick should be mid round at best) as though they knew they had to dump him off quick. Also he's struggled early this year and may simply just not fit in their "offence".

0ilerman

The King
Mar 17, 2008
Capital City
^Oilers fan and a Browns fan? Damn, that's pain right there. I always had a bit of a soft spot for the raiders so I know true incompetence when I see it but the Seahawks have always been my main team.

Not really the point but Richardson hasn't reached top 5 RB status yet IMO, endless potential though.

Anyways my brother the massive colts fan thinks it might have something to do with Richardson wanting out of Cleveland based on the fact that the return was pretty half ass (Richardson drafted 3rd overall last year, the colts first round pick should be mid round at best) as though they knew they had to dump him off quick. Also he's struggled early this year and may simply just not fit in their "offence".

I'm just glad my dolphins beat the colts before T-rich got over there. Their O line isn't great, but having a top notch QB will open up lanes for T-rich.

If T-rich isn't top 5, he's absolutely top 10. That's rare. you don't trade that guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad