2014-15 Lake Erie Monsters (AHL) & Fort Wayne Komets (ECHL) l Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeymm

Dec 27, 2014
1-1 after 1. D pairings are Elliot/Geertsen, Clark/Bigras and Siemens/Corbett. Corbett has the LE goal. After the first I would say Bigras and Geertsen definitely will need some time in AHL. Definitely some learning to be had in the D zone. Bigras needs more strength to handle the board situations and Geertsen needs to be smarter at attempting to stand guys up high. They are going around him too often and he is then out of the play. If it's defence Avs want Siemens is way ahead of these two.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Hishon has had 23 points in 26 games in the AHL in 2015. Agozzino has been even better, with 33 points in 22 games in Mars/April.

hockeymm

Dec 27, 2014
Hamilton goes to shoot out for first time this season. LE wins in shootout. Not a lot of energy to this game. Hamilton missing a lot of key players. Rookie goalie was fantastic! Pickard saved LE bacon.

billybobjoe2112

Feb 2, 2010
Prince George B.C.
I don't know how people can be fans of AHL teams. One year your cheering for the Avs prospects, the next year everybody is gone and you have a brand new team. Then when an NHL'er gets injured your top player gets called up to replace him. Yes I'd still be a fan because hockey, but it seems difficult with all the changes in the AHL.

member 116861

I don't know how people can be fans of AHL teams. One year your cheering for the Avs prospects, the next year everybody is gone and you have a brand new team. Then when an NHL'er gets injured your top player gets called up to replace him. Yes I'd still be a fan because hockey, but it seems difficult with all the changes in the AHL.

Isn't that similar to the WHL? You have constant roster turnover as well.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014

the developmental process is interesting

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Emotional night in St. John's last night. Winnipeg brought hockey back to our city and the fans fell in love with the team. Last night was their final game since Montreal will be here next year and they had an amazing tribute after the game

hf031

Apr 7, 2014
Mooresville, NC

To some degree, you just get used to that being life in the minors. Injuries at the top have that lousy trickle down effect, and it definitely does stink. Trades are another, when you might lose a top guy and not even get anyone but an ECHL callup in return.

The affiliation thing isn't much of a deal since it's not like those change on a yearly basis. As a Monsters fan this one will take some adapting since we have been with the Avs for eight years and have had quite a bit of roster carryover in recent years. But I always think of roster changes as more of a thing in the baseball low minors, where those clubs literally do have new groups of guys every season.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Oh please, no. Please no. :cry:

I am quite displeased with this. Especially after reading all the game reports (thanks to many awesome posters on here) where they played inferior talent simply because they were veterans. Unless he has been instructed to play the youngsters and let them develop this is a terrible decision. We need a strong developmental coach that can help the young guys succeed and build that atmosphere of winning down in the AHL. Tampa has done a wonderful job of it, and that is a system we should be trying to emulate.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
I think San Antonio will be a good partnership but it disgusts me that we're bringing back Dean.

It was nice to see Hishon, Agozzino, Siemens, Bigras, Geertsen put in good ends to the season. Hope Vincour sticks around next year and stays healthy.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
He is the play by play guy for the Rampage. He would know.

There was no reason to announce Deaner coming back, but they did it anyway. Sadly, he will be the coach next year.

That's incredibly disappointing. More mediocrity from our AHL franchise to ensue. Roy has to know guys in the Q that would like a shot at being an AHL head coach.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
He is the play by play guy for the Rampage. He would know.

There was no reason to announce Deaner coming back, but they did it anyway. Sadly, he will be the coach next year.

Still holding out hope that over the Summer there could be changes...(even though I agree with you, that it's not likely)

captaincheese

The BillDozer ~ PS4
Nov 1, 2013
Hamilton, Ontario
Emotional night in St. John's last night. Winnipeg brought hockey back to our city and the fans fell in love with the team. Last night was their final game since Montreal will be here next year and they had an amazing tribute after the game

Enjoy it. I'm going to miss having AHL hockey for 20 bucks a ticket. Really sucked when LE moved divisions though, I would goto all the games that the Bulldogs played LE.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Wouldn't be surprised if he signed for the Marlies in the offseason if we let him go. I still don't expect him to ever even be a 4th liner though, he just doesn't have the skill level. Good read though, glad he's at least having a good ride with the Komets once away from Dean. It would have been far better if he had just stayed down there all year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad