OT: 2014-15 HFWild Fantasy Hockey Thread "Summer GM Meetings"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
At least 3 players. we should figure out how we want to do those two prospects we wanted to do.

I think I like either the waiver exemption status or tyratoku's entry level contract idea.

Or we could do a combination of the 2. As some players are still on the ELC when waiver exemption expires and some are off ELC with waiver exemption still. How about the later of the 2?

We've got 1 IR and 2 IR+ spots right now. I'd be open to expanding it to 2+2 if everyone else is happy with that. We did have a lot of injury issues last year if I recall.

And yes, your keepers take away your top picks. Your first keeper takes your first round pick, second takes your second, and third takes your third.[/QUOTE]

Plenty of injuries last year. Mid season lulls take their tolls.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Would we want to add two "N/A" slots to the roster? Basically the N/A status is given to players who are either unsigned or in another league. It would allow those who have prospects who aren't chipping in to have real roster players in the mean time, as well as make it potentially worth the time to pick up unsigned players who may at some point make it on to an NHL roster.

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
Would we want to add two "N/A" slots to the roster? Basically the N/A status is given to players who are either unsigned or in another league. It would allow those who have prospects who aren't chipping in to have real roster players in the mean time, as well as make it potentially worth the time to pick up unsigned players who may at some point make it on to an NHL roster.

Would that situation be similar to someone who signs in the NHL from another league and has to go through waivers? i.e. Miettinen signs with Tampa, claimed by Winnipeg.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Would that situation be similar to someone who signs in the NHL from another league and has to go through waivers? i.e. Miettinen signs with Tampa, claimed by Winnipeg.

No because if you have Mittens in your N/A slot, he's yours period.

But as soon as Mittens gets on an NHL roster, his status is no longer N/A, so at that point you have to decide if you want to add him to your active roster, or throw him back into the free agent pool.

The main point of the N/A slots would be for people who have prospects they want to keep that aren't on NHL rosters. For example, if someone grabs Tuch because they want him as a player in the future, they can stick him on their N/A slot for the whole year so no one else can pick him up.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
So what I think I'm gonna do is this.

Once the league opens up, I'll send all the reminders out, make the 15-16 thread, and make a rather long multiple choice poll for league members to answer in as far as the changes we might want to make this year.

The league should open sometime in August, so, we may as well keep talking and getting every possible idea out in the open for now.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Once the league opens up, I'll send all the reminders out, make the 15-16 thread, and make a rather long multiple choice poll for league members to answer in as far as the changes we might want to make this year.\

nope.gif

Last edited:

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Expecting minor changes like adding another IR slot, deciding if we want to do 3 skaters or 3 skaters + 2 prospects, and how we want to define a prospect, and if we should expand if there's enough interest.

Doubt anyone wants anything major like a complete overhaul of the categories or something, but we can always talk about adding or removing one.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Supposedly Fantasy Hockey on yahoo opens up on the 20th.

So, anyone got any thoughts they want to discuss before I renew the league?

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
I was gonna propose some minor stuff like another IR slot, and we also need to decide for sure if we're doing 3 players and 2 prospects or just 3 players.

Also pretty sure we decided it was 2 skaters and a goalie. Did we want straight up 3 skaters to be an option for those who only have suck goalies?

Also expansion and "relocation" of teams from an owner who wants out to an owner who wants in.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Yup, same.

Avder, what do you mean by expansion for the new owners? Aren't they just inheriting the team as is and can choose which players to keep?

Well I mean if we have interest from more new owners than there are old owners leaving. Do we want to say, add two more teams and just let them have all of the top draft picks since they wouldn't have keepers? Or do we want to cap the league size as it is now?

And three players, no restrictions sounds good, but do we want to cap the number of goalies someone can carry over at 1? Seems like that would be a good idea so teams with suck goalies can get some in the draft.

Vashanesh

Nope.
Jan 29, 2010
Minnesota
Well I mean if we have interest from more new owners than there are old owners leaving. Do we want to say, add two more teams and just let them have all of the top draft picks since they wouldn't have keepers? Or do we want to cap the league size as it is now?

And three players, no restrictions sounds good, but do we want to cap the number of goalies someone can carry over at 1? Seems like that would be a good idea so teams with suck goalies can get some in the draft.

I agree with the 1 goalie cap, and the other changes we've tentatively agreed on.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
I'll poll for the following stuff in the thread I'll start when Yahoo lets me renew the league:

Keepers: limit to 1 goalie or not
IR: Keep as is or add one more IR slot
Expansion: if we have two more potential owners that want in than owners who are moving on, do we expand the league

I think that's basically all there is to discuss regardinging the upcoming season.

We could talk about adding prospect keepers for the 2016-2017 season, which could affect draft strategy this season too. Or expand keepers in general and gradually move towards full dynasty. *shrug*

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Right. And there's no rule that says you have to use all three keepers. That could net you the top draft pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad