OT: 2014-15 HFWild Fantasy Hockey Thread "Summer GM Meetings"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Allright, so then, we need to know if anybody wants to drop out for this coming year, and how many new people want to get in, and if we should expand the league?

Time for a roll call I guess.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
As an outsider, expanding with keepers would really make it tricky IMO. If you have replacements, you have each team replace someone else's, so they still get keepers. Seems to make sense to me.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
As an outsider, expanding with keepers would really make it tricky IMO. If you have replacements, you have each team replace someone else's, so they still get keepers. Seems to make sense to me.

Thats the idea. If someone wants to leave, they should designate someone who wants in as the "new" owner of the team. If there's enough interest past that, i could see adding two more teams.

And yeah, the keepers would put the new teams at an instant disadvantage, but given that they'd have picks in rounds one, two, and three where keeper owners don't, that should help to level the playing field as there will be a ton of good players in the pool. For example on my team I've got Varlamov and Bishop. I'm gonna have to toss one of them back into the pool cause of the 2 skaters 1 goalie rule we seem to have agreed to.

I really need to go back through this thread and find everything.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Allright, so draft based on last years standings, and keepers nullify your first, second, and third round picks if you use all three, your first and second if you use two, your first if you only use one, and of course none if you just plain hate everyone on your team.

Two skaters and a goalie sound like what we agreed to?

I feel like you should be able to keep three skaters if you want, but no more than one goalie. So either 2 skaters + goalie or 3 skaters + no goalie.

No reason to force someone to keep a tender they don't like.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
Don't know how to transfer over my team to someone, but I'd give Can't Yandle This to FVM as he asked to be in first after I said I was gonna back out and would be right at home in the mostly Finnish division of the league.

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
Thats the idea. If someone wants to leave, they should designate someone who wants in as the "new" owner of the team. If there's enough interest past that, i could see adding two more teams.

And yeah, the keepers would put the new teams at an instant disadvantage, but given that they'd have picks in rounds one, two, and three where keeper owners don't, that should help to level the playing field as there will be a ton of good players in the pool. For example on my team I've got Varlamov and Bishop. I'm gonna have to toss one of them back into the pool cause of the 2 skaters 1 goalie rule we seem to have agreed to.

I really need to go back through this thread and find everything.

I feel like new teams would be at the advantage this year as they would have the best chance to select McDavid/Eichel since its assumed everyone will want to keep at least 1 of their players.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Don't know how to transfer over my team to someone, but I'd give Can't Yandle This to FVM as he asked to be in first after I said I was gonna back out and would be right at home in the mostly Finnish division of the league.

I'm pretty sure the mechanism to do it is only available when the league is open.

That said, if FVM really does want in, you could just copy your roster and PM it to him, and then when the league re-opens, he joins and gets to designate his keepers off your roster by PMing his selections to me.

Pretty sure that would work.

I feel like new teams would be at the advantage this year as they would have the best chance to select McDavid/Eichel since its assumed everyone will want to keep at least 1 of their players.

That's true.

Also I had an idea in mind if we wanted to introduce a "prospect" system as well. The idea would be that you could have two "prospects" on your roster, the qualification meaning they're still waiver exempt. The idea I had for drafting them would be they'd only be drafted in the final two rounds of the draft, EXCEPT for expansion teams, which could draft them in any round they wish. Also figured we'd limit the pool to players in this years draft. And then once a "prospect" is no longer waiver exempt, you have to either drop the prospect or make room for him on your "normal" roster.

It sounds a lot less complicated in my head.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Ya. So, tough decisions to start over. However, we need to decide on draft order if its last years standings. Because I'd be in line for last place.

The way I thought we'd do it is similar to the NHL: players outside the playoffs draft in order of finish, and playoff teams draft in order of first round exiting teams, etc, runner up, champion.

FVM

This does not please me.
Jan 26, 2010
Vantaa, Finland

Hey thanks a lot man! I'm definitely interested in this arrangement.

And Puhis, thanks for the offer too, but if you're interested in another season, just go for it :)

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Allright, finally went back and re-read what we'd talked about before the start of last season and we seemed interested in doing a 3+2 players+prospects keeper system.

Do we want to do that, and what do we consider to be a prospect?

Also do we want to add or subtract any categories this year?

Any changes to waiver/trade approval length?

Add or subtract any bench/IR slots?

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
Good on categories. Good on waiver/trade times. Player on their ELC for prospects would be good with me. Bench slots seemed to be good last year. Not too shallow, not too deep.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
I'd be open for 2 ir spots?

How would we state our keepers in the draft? Say we have 3 keepers, are they considered our top 3 picks? Ex the goalie, hypothetically I wouldn't necessarily want to pick a goalie that early

Last edited:

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
So, how many players are we allowed to keep?

At least 3 players. we should figure out how we want to do those two prospects we wanted to do.

I think I like either the waiver exemption status or tyratoku's entry level contract idea.

I'd be open for 2 ir spots?

How would we state our keepers in the draft? Say we have 3 keepers, are they considered our top 3 picks? Ex the goalie, hypothetically I wouldn't necessarily want to pick a goalie that early

We've got 1 IR and 2 IR+ spots right now. I'd be open to expanding it to 2+2 if everyone else is happy with that. We did have a lot of injury issues last year if I recall.

And yes, your keepers take away your top picks. Your first keeper takes your first round pick, second takes your second, and third takes your third.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad