OT: 2014-15 HFWild Fantasy Hockey Thread "Summer GM Meetings"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
It's that time of the year again. Hockey's coming back, so we need to figure out what we'll do this year regarding fantasy hockey. Who's interested? How many players? When will the draft be? Rosters? Who wants be our Bettman?

2012-2013 Season

Suggested Point Categories:

Plus/Minus
Faceoff Wins
Goalie: Saves
Goalie: Shutouts

Other(s): Hits, Blocked Shots

Preferred Draft Date:

Preferred Draft Time:

Owners:
Avder (Will Tank for Beer)
Lapa (Now We're Cookeing)
Minnesota (Shelbyville Sharks)
Sharppi (Karlssons of Anarchy)
FUBAR McDangles (McDangleberries)
Puhis (Saskatoon Stickers)
Vashanesh (Mr. Mister)
Generic User (Inevitable Letdowns)
hirawl (Double Yellow Liners)
keppel146 (Sir Charles)
tomgilbertfan (Can't Yandle This)
Victorious Secret (Victorious Secret)

Wait List:
GinoLucia2217
HobeyBroten
Wild Caniac
bear1

Last edited by a moderator:

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Well I renewed the league. It's provisionally set as a keeper because thats whay yahoo does apparently. I'm setting the draft and stuff at the end of september for now while we discuss stuffs.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
I liked the settings we ended with last season. I think we ended up increasing IR slots and bench slots?

Only other chance I'd like is having the league less focused on goalie stats. It seemed like week-to-week wins heavily depended on goalie performance compared to everything else.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Yeah we upped the number of IR slots during the season. I don't think we upped the bench.

We could do some different stats this year if people want.

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
Lets drop some goalie stats for sure. And I'm of course in again, in it to win it (or to win the regular season and lose in the finals again).

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
Lets drop some goalie stats for sure. And I'm of course in again, in it to win it (or to win the regular season and lose in the finals again).

Agreed. I'm in again as well.

EDIT: Also, if we're doing a keeper where we choose up to 3 players to keep and forfeit as many picks, I'm definitely keeping Corey Perry and John Tavares. Would gladly give up my 1st and 2nd rounders for them.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Agreed. I'm in again as well.

EDIT: Also, if we're doing a keeper where we choose up to 3 players to keep and forfeit as many picks, I'm definitely keeping Corey Perry and John Tavares. Would gladly give up my 1st and 2nd rounders for them.

Yeah I was thinking along the lines of up to two skaters and a goalie in exchange for picks if we go plain keeper this year.

I'll have to look through the keeper options and see how it all works. Anything is open for discussion at this point.

And I'm in favor of eliminating a goalie stat and adding a skater stat or two.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Yeah I was thinking along the lines of up to two skaters and a goalie in exchange for picks if we go plain keeper this year.

I'll have to look through the keeper options and see how it all works. Anything is open for discussion at this point.

And I'm in favor of eliminating a goalie stat and adding a skater stat or two.

Same here.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Are we doing keeper? Or re-drafting? I'd be fine with either.

Which stat do people want to see gone and what stat(s) do people want to see added?

Remove shutouts would be my vote. Not sure what stat we could add - I'm not very experienced with fantasy sports.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
If we're doing keeper, I guess we'll have to see how many people re-up their team.

We'll keep track of how many new people want to join; first come, first serve.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
I didn't change the title. I figured we'd wait to see who wants back in from last year before we think of either expanding the league or looking for alternate owners.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Added a question mark to the title until we get our **** together. :laugh:

tomthestone*

I would love to dump on this "league" but it looks like it's free, through Yahoo and has a pretty hideous array of lineup and scoring options.

Nevermind. As you were, ladies.

Vashanesh

Nope.
Jan 29, 2010
Minnesota
I'm in, but I'd vote for killing faceoff wins, and dropping either save % or saves.

My team last year had something like 3 true wingers, because I wanted to stack FOW, and I ended up with a ton of goalies, too.

I'm OK with keepers this year if it's a small list (2-3 forwards, 1-2 D and 1 goalie). Any more than that and I'd vote for a new draft. I didn't really draft for a keeper league, seeing we were kind of wishy-washy on the idea last year.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
If face off wins is a category then there needs to be positions set as centers and wingers. Otherwise no faceoff wins

There are three centers, two each left wing and right wing, and two any wing on the roster. Part of the issue I guess is that Yahoo likes to list a lot of faceoff taking centers as both center and wing, and vice versa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad