Prospect Info: 2014-15 Colorado Avalanche Junior Prospects Thread II (CHL & Europe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

not a troll

Oct 24, 2012
I know this is a complete fantasy but imagine the Steelheads with Martin returning and William Nylander wanting to play with his brother and for his dad.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Not comparing them as players, but Greer really seems to have ROR-like focus/drive. Which is very exciting given the tools he has to work with. I'll have to find some time to watch him in the next few years, cause he sounds like he's going to be another one of my favorites once I've seen enough of him. The confidence and dedication, with those tools, is basically everything you could ask for out of a project prospect.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Too bad Mississauga couldnt have built their team up like that last year. Wonder how it will work, they were a pretty big mess last year.

I can see why you say that cgf, not sure if that's who I'd compare Greer to though. I guess because ROR is intense but not aggressive and Greer certainly is. I do like intensity in players. Seems like Rantanen is a bit that way too.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Too bad Mississauga couldnt have built their team up like that last year. Wonder how it will work, they were a pretty big mess last year.

They have a bunch of talent and should be better than last year based on that alone... but I don't think they make it past the first round of the playoffs. Boyd is just an awful coach.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Ugh, Wood is injured. First I've heard of this. Said he had hand surgery in Denver. Considering he came here I'd gather the Avs are watching over him at least.

http://battalionhockey.com/article/Troops-in-training-take-to-camp-ice

Preseason night in the Q. Pepin finally had a good night 1G 1A for him. For the Huskies it was Beaudin's turn to have a big night and he scored 2G. I believe the Huskies won 7/8 of their preseason games.

And the Tbirds have listed Olhaver at 6'7, I'm interested to see how big this kid is in person.

Last edited:

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Ugh, Wood is injured. First I've heard of this. Said he had hand surgery in Denver. Considering he came here I'd gather the Avs are watching over him at least.

Preseason night in the Q. Pepin finally had a good night 1G 1A for him. For the Huskies it was Beaudin's turn to have a big night and he scored 2G. I believe the Huskies won 7/8 of their preseason games.

And the Tbirds have listed Olhaver at 6'7, I'm interested to see how big this kid is in person.

Would be interested to know how severe the injury is/was, and what his recovery time looks like.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I wouldn't worry too much about the injury. He participated in camp and it likely showed up the Avs' physical. It was probably something minor.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
You mean like the Avs wanted him to get something taken care of? Shouldn't he have had it done much closer to July? Then again who knows what "recent" means. Either way it's good the Avs are watching over him, good sign he gets signed. Although I assumed they would.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
You mean like the Avs wanted him to get something taken care of? Shouldn't he have had it done much closer to July? Then again who knows what "recent" means. Either way it's good the Avs are watching over him, good sign he gets signed. Although I assumed they would.

Yeah... say he had something like carpometacarpal bossing and the Avs wanted him to take care of it before it started causing issues.

I take recent as in over the summer.

Either way I would assume he would be back on the ice by the first game.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Here's your weekend prospect update

The Q was off this weekend in anticipation of their season openers on Friday. Apparently both Beaudin and Nantel are supposed to be the last NHL campers standing on that day for the Huskies and will play but will not be available and presumably be on their way to Denver the following day. No word on if this is the case for Meloche, Pepin and Boikov but their teams all open the season on Friday as well.

Bleackley did not dress for Red Deer's preseason game on Saturday. Olhaver played in Seattle's game on Saturday but not on Sunday. Here is what the Seattle media had to say about his goal.

For the second straight game, Kolesar was on a line with Alexander True and Gustav Olhaver. It's a big line and the three had a strong game on Saturday. Olhaver scored in the third period to build a 3-1 lead for the T-Birds when he was parked in front of the net and knocked home a rebound.

"He's got to get in front of the net," Konowalchuk said of the big Swedish import. "He's got the big long reach. If he's there, he's going to reach a lot of pucks."

OHL began their preseason on Sunday. Magyar scored 30 second into the game in a 4-0 win and added an assist. He was named second star of the game. With some good camp comments as well seems like he's getting off to a decent start. Kyle Wood as mentioned previously is not participating in OHL camp with his hand injury.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002

Scavenger Hunt hand injuries are the worst. :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad