2014-15 CBJ "Buy/Sell"

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
No Buy/Sell on that last post, so I'll indulge to keep the thread rolling.

Buy/Sell: Jackets finish ahead of BOTH the Penguins and the Rangers.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
No Buy/Sell on that last post, so I'll indulge to keep the thread rolling.

Buy/Sell: Jackets finish ahead of BOTH the Penguins and the Rangers.

Since I am usually wrong I'll sell that. But I am beginning to think this season is shaping up to be a bad case of Jacket luck with Horton and Murray still recovering from mysterious injuries/ailments and the Joey situation. What next?

Buy/Sell Dacing Kevin rocks the All-Star game

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Since I am usually wrong I'll sell that. But I am beginning to think this season is shaping up to be a bad case of Jacket luck with Horton and Murray still recovering from mysterious injuries/ailments and the Joey situation. What next?

Buy!

Continuing off your bad jacket luck..

Buy/Sell Johansen doesn't play in the NHL this season, one of Dubinsky/JMFJ/Bobrovsky has a season ending injury and the Jackets go into the draft with a top 10 pick.

Edit: I guess really that should have been 3 separate predictions.

Last edited:

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Buy!

Buy/Sell Johansen doesn't play in the NHL this season, one of Dubinsky/JMFJ/Bobrovsky has a season ending injury and the Jackets go into the draft with a top 10 pick.

Sell. I like our team depth too much, think we'll be fine even if/when injuries pile up.

Buy/sell: Kerby Rychel scores 40 goals in the AHL this year.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Sell. I like our team depth too much, think we'll be fine even if/when injuries pile up.

Buy/sell: Kerby Rychel scores 40 goals in the AHL this year.

Sell. It'll be north of 30, but I bet he'll get a call up for a portion of the season.

Buy/sell: This will be the season Dancing' Kevin's belt finally fails him, leaving a jumbrotron full of crack. A religious Mom pushes for his ouster before the All-Star Game.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Sell. It'll be north of 30, but I bet he'll get a call up for a portion of the season.

Buy/sell: This will be the season Dancing' Kevin's belt finally fails him, leaving a jumbrotron full of crack. A religious Mom pushes for his ouster before the All-Star Game.

:laugh:

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Bumping this thread for a fun look back at our predictions. Some were eerily spot on, while some were far off.

Oh, and you were wrong CBJW41 ;)

I'll sell. I don't think Wennberg sticks around for the whole year, leaving just Jarmelsson.

Buy/Sell: Brandon Dubinsky coaxes Sidney Crosby into a fight at some point during the season/playoffs.

Sell. Sidney won't fight battles he knows he will clearly lose.

Buy/Sell: Jackets win at least 5 games in October

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Buy!

Well Dubinsky missed half a season, and we ended up with a top 10 pick! :laugh:

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Sell, he'll see more ice time resulting in (hopefully) more shots. I do however think he'll have more points.

MacElhinney plays 30 games this season.
32 games played!

Easy buy, without Johansen nobody even challenges him. With Johansen I think it's another close season.

Jack Johnson ppicks up where he left off in the playoffs and has a career year in points and +/-
didnt quite hit his career high, but only 2 pts short!

Buy. Although I like the thought of a Rychel-Jenner-Atkinson line as well.

One of Forsberg or Dansk sees time in the NHL this year.
Forsberg saw limited time, but made his nhl debut!
My thoughts exactly! Haha

Buy.

Buy/Sell: One of the them sticks around and plays a significant role in the top 9

I mean, Wennberg played 70 games and both Dano and Wennberg were significant pieces in the top in the last half/quarter of the season.

Damn i was on fire.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011

:facepalm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad