2014-15 CBJ "Buy/Sell"

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Make a statement/prediction regarding the Blue Jackets upcoming season. Can be (like mine below) a stat/number thing, or more general. Next poster either buys (thinks it will happen) or sells (think it won't), then makes a statement/prediction of their own.

No Johansen contract timetables or related, please. Posts that derail the thread into topics for which there are other threads will be deleted. Thank you.

For starters:

Brandon Dubinsky actually gets a 'C' stitched to his sweater.

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
Buy.

More than one of Rychel, Wennberg, Dano make the team out of training camp.

Sell. I don't think we'll have the space (and Wennberg and Dano both will be in the AHL for a whole season).

Buy the under

Cam scores 27 goals or more

Sell. Barely. Mostly because I think he'll be 25-26 goals ish more.

Buy or Sell
Bob posts a .924 save % for the season.

CentreKeeper12

TheCentreKeeper
May 24, 2009
Columbus, OH
Sell. I don't think we'll have the space (and Wennberg and Dano both will be in the AHL for a whole season).

Sell. Barely. Mostly because I think he'll be 25-26 goals ish more.

Buy or Sell
Bob posts a .924 save % for the season.

Sell. I say is will be around .915 to .920 range.

MOD EDIT REMINDER:
No Johansen contract timetables or related, please.

My bad, I should read better next time.

How about buy or sell Wennberg or Rychel are in the running for the Calder

Last edited:

FreeBoomer61

Feb 8, 2011
Im going to sell... I will say he will be close

Buy or Sell: Jackets finish with a winning record vs Pittsburgh.

Sell, I still am unsure if they are able to put it together vs. them in the regular season (when Flower shines)

Buy or Sell: Hartnell and Horton each put up 50+ points this season

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Sell, I still am unsure if they are able to put it together vs. them in the regular season (when Flower shines)

Buy or Sell: Hartnell and Horton each put up 50+ points this season

Sell. One of them will.

Buy or Sell: Columbus has 5-20 goal scorers. (3 last year and 2 more with 18 and 2 with 16)

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
Sell. Even if Dubinsky played 1st line and got a whole lot of PP time (and played less/none of the PK to save his energy) I don't think he'd break 60. Could get close, but don't think he'd top it.

Buy or Sell: Murray finishes the season on the top pairing.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Sell. One of them will.

Buy or Sell: Columbus has 5-20 goal scorers. (3 last year and 2 more with 18 and 2 with 16)

Lets see...Cam, Arty, Horton, Hartnell, Jenner, Foligno

I'll buy

Erixon establishes himself as the 5th or 6th D-man

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Buy, don't think Horton's injury is as bad as fans are speculating and I think (hope) he'll play ~75 games. Johansen's situation also seems like it'll be solved early enough that he'll be able to play enough games to boost their numbers significantly. PP time and the system we play is going to help them both a whole lot.

Sell, because he has to stay with Wiz to prevent , you know, disasters.

see above re Erixon

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
Lets see...Cam, Arty, Horton, Hartnell, Jenner, Foligno

I'll buy

Buy. Think he brings more to the table in terms of offensive ability and speed than Prout does, with a higher ceiling than that of Prout. Prout either becomes the semi permanent 7th D or he's traded away and Goloubef assumes the 7th spot.

Buy or Sell: CBJ trade for a top line winger not named Patrick Sharp at or before the trade deadline (so next offseason/at the draft does not count).

Arch City Zach

Jun 10, 2011
Columbus, OH
archcityarmy.com
Buy. Think he brings more to the table in terms of offensive ability and speed than Prout does, with a higher ceiling than that of Prout. Prout either becomes the semi permanent 7th D or he's traded away and Goloubef assumes the 7th spot.

Buy or Sell: CBJ trade for a top line winger not named Patrick Sharp at or before the trade deadline (so next offseason/at the draft does not count).

Buy: could see one of Cam or Arty and one D being part of the package going back.

Buy/Sell: Boone Jenner breaks 23 goals this season?

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
Buy: could see one of Cam or Arty and one D being part of the package going back.

Buy/Sell: Boone Jenner breaks 23 goals this season?
Hold ;)

entirely depends on if he plays wing or center (still think he plays with Joey/Horton if he's a winger).. don't think he breaks 23 if he plays center as it'd probably be on 3rd line

Buy or Sell: Wiz breaks 50 points again.

alphafox

Jun 14, 2011

Buy, though I'm not sure that won't just be Wiz and Murray.

Buy. I think he's superior to Prout right now due to his skating ability.

Sell. There are a few likely to be available (Ryan, Kane, O'Reilly) and the emergence of one or two players (any of the 2013 rookies, Erixon/Golobouf0 could allow us to trade members of the existing roster. However I think that the blueline is the more likely area for a trade. I could see Atkinson, Tyutin and 2nd for someone.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Hold ;)

entirely depends on if he plays wing or center (still think he plays with Joey/Horton if he's a winger).. don't think he breaks 23 if he plays center as it'd probably be on 3rd line

Buy or Sell: Wiz breaks 50 points again.

Buy.

Two players not in the NHL last season break the 40 point barrier.

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
Buy.

Two players not in the NHL last season break the 40 point barrier.
Sell. I think we'd be lucky to see just one of them break 40 points. The only player that's even really "guaranteed" to be on the NHL roster this year that wasn't last year is Tim Erixon.. and it'd be insane if he hit 40 points. Don't think Hjalmarsson will get the ice time required to sniff 40 points. Wennberg, Rychel, etc. would need absolutely dominant rookie campaigns to hit numbers like that.

Buy or Sell: Atkinson shoots at or above 10.5%. Had 9.6% shot accuracy last season and has a 9.9% shot accuracy for his career. His shot% has been steadily going down with each season he plays in the NHL.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Sell. I think we'd be lucky to see just one of them break 40 points. The only player that's even really "guaranteed" to be on the NHL roster this year that wasn't last year is Tim Erixon.. and it'd be insane if he hit 40 points. Don't think Hjalmarsson will get the ice time required to sniff 40 points. Wennberg, Rychel, etc. would need absolutely dominant rookie campaigns to hit numbers like that.

Buy or Sell: Atkinson shoots at or above 10.5%. Had 9.6% shot accuracy last season and has a 9.9% shot accuracy for his career. His shot% has been steadily going down with each season he plays in the NHL.

Sell, he'll see more ice time resulting in (hopefully) more shots. I do however think he'll have more points.

MacElhinney plays 30 games this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad