League News: 2014-15 Around the League Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
This can be said about any fanbase, there's a reason the main board (and the trades board) has some of the most hilarious threads :laugh:

Definitely, that was my point, but BR says they're just as bad on the Pens forum and I have no reason to doubt him. I rarely venture over there.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Definitely, that was my point, but BR says they're just as bad on the Pens forum and I have no reason to doubt him. I rarely venture over there.

I wish I didn't. Anyhow its not just posters...its all my friends who are Pens fans too.

Not all fanbases are created equal.

IvanMalison

Feb 5, 2008
Portland, OR
Watch the last 5 minutes if you want to see some incredibly satisfying Penguin suffering...

The stars get a goal disallowed for incidental contact after Malkin trips Seguin into Fleury, but they score shortly afterwards (with Crosby on the ice for a minus). Then with 13 seconds left, Crosby takes a game penalty which ends up losing the game after Goligoski scores with 3 seconds left.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
I didn't think that was a crap call. That gets called more often than not.

I like lucic but dude does a lot of stupid crap.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Well I can completely understand why some fans don't post on this board.

The HF Caps board isn't exactly the most friendly place to talk hockey.

Or they really aren't Caps fans in the first place and throw out assinine trade proposals to make Caps fans look bad.

I have a feeling this childish behavior goes on alot...especially with "Leafs" fans. Imposters throw out dumb proposals to make said team look bad to the general HF populace.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Varly on IR (groin)

Sucks for him. I was hoping he was over those issues.

Lehtonen is a guy who got over them so here's hoping Varly can too.

EDIT: I'm still bitter about one thing with BB. He should have put Varly in vs Tampa in 2011! Varlamov dominated Tampa Bay that year and before and Neuvirth was being outplayed by Roloson big time. BB refused due to his unwavering loyalty to Neuvirth and it cost us.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
I wouldn't be surprised if tonight is the last game Carlyle coaches, but I wouldn't be surprised if its tomorrow night due to it being a back-to-back either.

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
Pens fans don't want Orpik to fail because he's an ex-Pen. They want him to fail because he's a Capital.

Wear it with honor, I guess.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Never change Edmonton. :laugh:

AnxiousWelldocumentedLark.gif

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
I've questioned the Caps ability to pick the best goalie prospect, we have had a few. But Right now as it stands I think we may have done it right.

Varly while has the capability to be a starter, he can't stay healthy.
Neuvy looked bad in the preseason and is now a backup in Buffalo.
Grubs can now be back in Hershey playing a ton of minutes and getting better.

MW6

Oct 21, 2011
Halland
Would Edmonton be a better team if they had drafted Seguin, Landeskog and Murray instead om Hall, RNH, Yakupov?

Coldplay619

Oct 17, 2010
Would Edmonton be a better team if they had drafted Seguin, Landeskog and Murray instead om Hall, RNH, Yakupov?

Don't think so.

They would have been thrown to the wolves just like Hall, RNH and Yakupov.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow

We Caps fans understand better than maybe anyone that there can be management/coaching that can fail with any group of players.

KevinM

Feb 7, 2012
D.C.
We Caps fans understand better than maybe anyone that there can be management/coaching that can fail with any group of players.
I haven't watched any Oilers games this season but I assume their defensive approach is still horrible and ineffective "swarm" D and they don't have any talent on the blue line that can actually play D well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad