Olympics: 2014 — Finland Roster Discussion (Part II) (Released, post #1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harvest

Nov 21, 2013
I fully understand JMA-disgrace as not being his biggest fans either, but everyone who thinks JMA has taken someone else place I wanna ask, have you actually seen single one game from him this year? Would you answer please this, and if so, why didn't like his game.

You wasn't talking to me, but i still answer. I have seen two game's by JMA, on the other game he was absolutly stud, two goal's and dangling all over the o-zone, but on the other game against the same team, when they putt little pressure on him, he just dissapeared, turning pucks over and making mistakes and that is his problem.
When he can play against those weak opponents he is doing just great but when those big countrys are starting to defence and holding the puck, he is useless.

Last edited:

Jaan

May 10, 2013
I fully understand JMA-disgrace as not being his biggest fans either, but everyone who thinks JMA has taken someone else place I wanna ask, have you actually seen single one game from him this year? Would you answer please this, and if so, why didn't like his game.

I admit I haven't seen him play a single game in NHL or KHL this season. :sarcasm:

When JMA is on his game he's awesome, nobody can deny that. Skating around his opponents, dangling, drawing penalties, all that sweet stuff. But if he doesn't get enough pucks or those veteran Dmen can apply pressure and nastiness on him within the rules of the game, he completely disapreas. He has no hockey IQ and he's not gonna win many puck battles against NA players.

And the only Liiga Dmen he's gonna see in the Olympics are on his own team. :naughty:

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
The risk of playing JMA isn't that big when you can expect him to be able to have fun out there. That means the first two games. After those games he should be removed from the lineup permanently. Same goes for Lehterä.

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Salo injured, limping his leg. PERKELE

Ristolainen to the rescue? Luckily Nummelin is also injured so they can't pick him.

Well I hope that it's not serious but knowing Salo's injury history his season is over.

loudis

Dec 21, 2012
Finland
Think it wasnt that bad. If he had been carried out, he would miss Sotsi. He has like 5 weeks to get in form.

Salo is righty so a righty will replace him. I think we have to go with two lefties in 1 pairing. Best pairing we have for that is Timonen-Määttä.

I just pray they pick Risto/Jere to be that Righty replacement of Salo. I dont want Hietanen even as 7th dman.

Risto is the best pick IMO, i watched some Buffalo games and he was doing fine, he wasnt their best Dman and so on but overall he was pretty solid and was sent to AHL mainly to gain lots of icetime and especially PP time. He is our best pick to play in that 3rd pairing, we cant go with one righty D and play Erkkas hockey.

Timonen Määttä

Väänänen Vatanen

Kukkonen-Risto

Lepistö

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
I'm guessing Erkka will bring in Karalahti if Salo can't go. :help: Hope Salo's ok. We can't replace Salo with anyone really. We can only give Määttä (and possibly Vatanen) more minutes. The others can't be trusted with more and Hietanen can't be in the top 6. I would bring in RR instead of Karalahti if Salo is out.

We'll keep on hoping for his fast recovery.

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
Concering Salo, we shouldn't start slitting our wrists before we know whether it's major or minor. If it's the latter, it's actually good news. Less chances for him to break himself again as the games draw closer.

loudis

Dec 21, 2012
Finland
I'm guessing Erkka will bring in Karalahti if Salo can't go. :help: Hope Salo's ok. We can't replace Salo with anyone really. We can only give Määttä (and possibly Vatanen) more minutes. The others can't be trusted with more and Hietanen can't be in the top 6. I would bring in RR instead of Karalahti if Salo is out.

We'll keep on hoping for his fast recovery.

Agree. I think Jere and Risto are both capable playing top 6 minutes.

I'd give a PP spot to Jere but no RR. PK:RR-maybe? Jere-No. If Risto goes to Sotsi, i'd give Kontiola a chance on blueline at PP with Timonen.

We arent doomed if Salo doesnt make it. Määttä is more than able to play in top pairing, if he is healthy and rested. We just need solid effort from Risto or Jere.

Last edited:

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
I would pick Jere if Salo is out. He is still very good dman even though he has slowed down plus he has tons of experience. Though would be also cool to see more youth there in Risto.

illone84

Sep 15, 2005
London
Karalahti is too slow, I'd give more mins to the other guys and bring in Ristolainen instead.

In all honesty, in the case that Salo heals on time, he will more than likely get injured during the tournament again. :help:

I am to this today surprised he made it through the whole tournament in 2010!

rduck1

Dec 26, 2013
Finland
As many have already indicated, Ristolainen appears to be the best replacement right now. Certainly far better than Karalahti or Nummelin, probably also better than Jaakola.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad