WJC: 2014 — Sweden Roster Talk

Burakovsky95*

What did you all think about separating DLR and Burakowsky? I thought they should have stayed together.

McMatthews

Sep 12, 2007
Andreas Johnson looked good for Sweden.

A much better skater and two-way player than I expected.

They seem to like to set him up for one timers in the slot area.

I'm very happy we got him in the 7th round.

JFG

Mar 14, 2012
Any indications that more players have shown signs of illness? It certainly looked that way...

Hedning

A New Beginning
Apr 26, 2012
Any indications that more players have shown signs of illness? It certainly looked that way...

From Sweden's morning training.
No Collberg, De la Rose & Norell. But it should not be anything serious for any of them.
Elias Lindholm & Filip Sandberg participated. FS only one that's still left on Ice.

All info from: JVM-morgon med Chris

Last edited:

Klown

Jul 1, 2003
Visit site
Uffe Bodin@UffeBodin 21 secs
Tilltänkt förstakedja om alla är friska och hela: Forsberg-Lindholm-de la Rose, hälsar Grönborg. #jvm14

So first line will be Forsberg-Lindholm-de la Rose against Finland (if everyone is healhy).

And no Collberg and no Norell, as mentioned.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Doesn't sound like anyone is injured for the next game. They need to get that cold under control though, it's a short tournament.

siegeofshanghai*

Why are swedish players always injured/sick in this tournament. We have been plauged by this every year.

siegeofshanghai*

if we just could stay healthy we have a real good shot at the gold.

Last edited by a moderator:

m4tt145

Jun 7, 2013
Lindholm going all out today at practice, will most likely play against Finland tomorrow, centering Forsberg and JDLR.

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
PETER Forsberg tried to chicken out because of a flu some ten years ago. He did not succeed. Avs stood firm. Dansk can rest for all I care.

Loffer

Sep 22, 2011
Finland will be butchered by the Swedes barring the flu puts half of the team to bed.

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
Why are swedish players always injured/sick in this tournament. We have been plauged by this every year.

They feel they can rest from senior hockey life. And THEN, like a shot in the mail box, flu and cold and allergy. They wine together and form a team that way. "Oh, Canada are so good, we are never going to beat them"...but unconsciously the swedes set the level for their work and make their way forward by 3-2 and 4-3 wins. And in the finals everything bursts and they can beat a team 6-2 that outshot the can's by 60-20. Swedes never hid from sabeltooth animals in their caves, they hid from the cold.

Dosing

Sep 10, 2010
Edenryd
Whats worrisome is even if they get strong enough to ignore the symptoms, they will still have it in their bodies making them weaker.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Even though this Swedish team looks good offensively, they are without a doubt one of the worst defensively in many years.

We have no solid defencemen to lean on and Dansk looks very small in the net.

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
Even though this Swedish team looks good offensively, they are without a doubt one of the worst defensively in many years.

NO defense needed! We have JAS-planes...

In all honesty one could ask for at least that our defensive d-man defends.

siegeofshanghai*

is it just me or is USA the team to beat this year? Funny enough Sweden has it easier against Canada than its brother.

You know I read TSN every year and it always make me think Canada is unbeatable while USA hockey always comes in as an underdog.

mindfly

Happy camper!
Jan 7, 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI

Yeah, past year's D-men

12/13
Nilsson
Wikstrand

11/12
Brodin
Bäckman
Klefbom
Nemeth

10/11
Erixon
Larsson