WJC: 2014 — Canada Roster Talk (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
Paterson can't stop a beach ball right now and this is from a Saginaw fan. Just giving a heads up.

Ya I don't think he's in the top 10 statistically in any category. I'm sure HC will make him the Number 1 b/c he's 19. Age trumps everything in HC's twisted world.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I get the feeling the forward lines will look something like this:

Drouin - Petan - Mantha
Shinkaruk - Horvat - S. Reinhart
Rychel - Laughton - Lazar
Hudon - Gauthier - Girard
McDavid

I like these lines. If this is going to be the group they go with, i think that's a nice mix with guys generally where they ought to be. Slot McDavid in for Laughton and bump Gauthier for Laughton if the team needs more offensive jump at various points.

Could someone explain me the Gauthier selection plz? :dunno:

It's a Sutter thing. You can't esplain that. :dunno:

CH4

Jul 21, 2004
Chicoutimi
Gauthier is a very good player.

What scares me is that he is usually invisible here on the olympic rink vs what I've seen of him on regular size rink.

I would have select a guy like poirier over him for sure for a intl rink tournament.

snizzbone*

Gauthier is a very good player.

What scares me is that he is usually invisible here on the olympic rink vs what I've seen of him on regular size rink.

I would have select a guy like poirier over him for sure for a intl rink tournament.

He was good in the U18s.

kyle44

Jan 7, 2007
Drouin took a hard hit into the glass from Erne tonight and hasn't played much since. Worth keeping an eye on.

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
If it's a concussion there's absolutely no way he's back in time. ****ing dirty hit, can't wait to see the massive suspension Erne gets especially after his post-game comments.

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
If it's a concussion there's absolutely no way he's back in time. ****ing dirty hit, can't wait to see the massive suspension Erne gets especially after his post-game comments.

For reference, here are the comments you mentioned:

“He wasn’t far from the boards and I pushed him pretty hard,†said Erne, who also received a game misconduct for the hit. “I thought it was a dive and I thought everybody else did, too. I wouldn’t have even gotten a penalty if he didn’t dive into the boards.â€

He also said that Drouin could have absorbed the hit standing up, and avoided injury.

“If he dives and goes head first he’s going to hurt himself,†added Erne.

sickest flow bro

Jun 3, 2008
Halifax
After watching the video a few times and reading his comments..

Why would Drouin dive? I didn't see a dive..just got hit face first into the glass. Meaningless game, Drouin about to lead his country in Malmo, Millions of $ on the line in Tampa etc.

He'll have the book thrown at him and No US team for him either as the Q has lengthy suspensions for these hits. As for Drouin, It didnt look too bad. Hoping its not serious and he'll be ready for camp.

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
Well, that's certainly not good news if Drouin is out for any length of time...The hit didn't appear to me to be that vicious, worthy of a suspension, but not blatantly vicious; however, whatever the suspension is, I'd tack on 3 extra for Erne's post game comments.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
what about..

Drouin - Petan - Mantha
Shinkaruk - McDavid - S. Reinhart
Horvat - Laughton - Hudon
Rychel - Gauthier - Lazar

Rienhart - Dumba
Pouliot - Bigras
Morrisey - Ekblad

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Next years team has alot of talent to chose from. This is without drouin, ekblad, and rienhart

Dal colle - petan - lazar
Bennet - mcdavid - watson
Domi - horvat - baptiste
Virtanen - gauthier - ritchie
Klimchuck - barzal - duclair
Perlini - verhage - dickinson
Hosang - mccan - nastasiuk
Auddette - Dauphin - hill

Morrissey, heatherington
Bigras, mckeown
Nurse, morin
Fleury, bowey
Martin, theodore
Pilon, middleton

And Mackinnon..;). Looks good tought. Next year will be on small rinks in Canada. HC will choose a team with more physical touch. Reinhart and Ekblad in NHL next season is probaly 50/50.

Petan - McDavid - Reinhart
Domi - Horvat - Lazar
Dal Colle - Gauthier - Bennett
Bertuzzi - Chase - Virtanen :)D)

Morrissey - Bigras
Ekblad - Nurse
McKeown - Theodore

Goalies?

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
what about..

Drouin - Petan - Mantha
Shinkaruk - McDavid - S. Reinhart
Horvat - Laughton - Hudon
Rychel - Gauthier - Lazar

Rienhart - Dumba
Pouliot - Bigras
Morrisey - Ekblad

looks pretty much like my line-up... and would give McDavid and Reinhart every chance to re-create their magic from the U18.

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
And Mackinnon..;). Looks good tought. Next year will be on small rinks in Canada. HC will choose a team with more physical touch. Reinhart and Ekblad in NHL next season is probaly 50/50.

Domi - Horvat - Lazar

Morrissey - Bigras
Ekblad - Nurse
McKeown - Theodore

Goalies?

Z FUCALE (95)
P DESROSIERS (95)
E COMRIE (95)
S MARTIN (95)

All 4 have played on the U18 team IIHF/Ivan Hlinka

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012

Domi - Horvat - Lazar

Morrissey - Bigras
Ekblad - Nurse
McKeown - Theodore

Goalies?

Pretty sure Horvat will be in the NHL next year.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
GM Cam Russell said it was a possible concussion, they're being examined by the team doctor today so hopefully it will go well.

Hopefully it is nothing serious and he'll just miss a couple of Halifax games at the worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad