Prospect Info: 2013 Traverse City Tournament – Sep 5-9 – Second Place Finish

indigoo

Nov 26, 2011
Couldn't agree more. His constant yelling and mispronunciation of player names is ridiculous.

HAHAH oh my god, it's just bad. More and more highlights coming out and he's beyond atrocious. Screws up words, yells for no reason; my favorite highlight was him trying to play-by-play the fight the other day. Dear god that was bad.

Anyway, I'm stoked on these prospects. Wasn't Makarov supposed to be the next best thing, though? WTH happened there?

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
Makarov's a young goalie, and he's extremely streaky anyway. I'm not sure there's anything in particular to read into him not impressing here or at dev camp

Fly Boy

Aye Sir!
Jul 29, 2009
Michigan
Well I would say coming in second without our top forward prospect playing or either of our two most experienced/better blue line prospects is pretty damn good. I think you can take away something positive from this tournament (aside from the awful PK that is).

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Looks like Mantha is gonna be a good player.

Also why put second place in the title? if your not first your last and thats nothing to brag about, this isnt little kids soccer or hockey where everyone is winners. 2nd place is embarassing. oh well next year.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Well I would say coming in second without our top forward prospect playing or either of our two most experienced/better blue line prospects is pretty damn good. I think you can take away something positive from this tournament (aside from the awful PK that is).

Losing Ruhwedel didn't help, either...I'm fine with this. They won three in a row with many not having played together before in any capacity.

Also why put second place in the title? if your not first your last and thats nothing to brag about, this isnt little kids soccer or hockey where everyone is winners. 2nd place is embarassing. oh well next year.

So people can know the outcome of the tournament without having to sift through the thread if they don't want to. I was running around all night tonight, and was curious how we did in the finals. Saw the thread title and knew how we finished... purpose served.

Easy. It doesn't read "SeCoNd PlaCe IN TRAVERSE CITY!!!!!! SILVRE METALISTS AND IT TASTES MGOODMPHH #8.0B!!!!!!!!!!"...

And "embarrassing"??? In what world?

Last edited:

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY

They finished in 2nd place, why wouldn't that be mentioned? Should the thread say "Not First Place?"

Not that this tournament matters at all, but calling second place 'embarrassing' is hilarious, especially in such a light format of 3 round robin games followed by a single game for 1st place.

couture23

Jun 23, 2012
Toronto

2nd place is embarrassing in a rookie tournament?

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
ricky-bobby-if-you-aint-first.jpg

:laugh:

Someone likes Ricky Bobby....

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012

I just pulled a muscle shakin my head so hard. God if second is embarrassing you must never leave your house during the regular season.

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY
Some people on this board have no perspective on life.

-A 2nd place finish in a week-long prospects tournament is an "embarrassment."
-Posters calling for Regier to be fired over the prospect team roster.
-People advocating booing and heckling little kids at games who wear the new third jersey.

Get a grip, people.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Really intrested in Ristolainen and Armia obviously.. When preseason games start, are buffalo games usually video streamed or just radio?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Glad they showed well in this tournament, particularly some of the lesser-talked about guys like Jacobs and Nelson who paired well, as well as Locke who was noticeable in nearly every broadcast.

Hopefully a guy like Baptiste, who's had a good summer and could use his last few weeks to push himself into consideration on a WJC level, even if for next year.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Really intrested in Ristolainen and Armia obviously.. When preseason games start, are buffalo games usually video streamed or just radio?
IIRC, the 9/21 Toronto game is a NHLN-US game, while the 9/25 Columbus game is a MSG-B game, but there's typically a home stream available via team consoles for most preseason games. Others will certainly make it to TV in opposing markets, like Montreal and Toronto.

Last edited:

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
I did not see any of the prospects games but relying on the posts here I end up with these thoughts:

Our prospect goalies are not reliable. (the ones in Detroit)
We took too many penalties and are unable to kill them off
Baptiste outplayed Armia
Zadorov has some offensive upside
Larsson and Girgenson played to expectations
Some lesser lights showed enough promise to have a shot in the AHL if not a fourth line role with the big team

Did I miss anything?

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Tourneys like this are not as much about winning as it is about seeing the prospects and developing them. Otherwise there wouldn't be a 3rd place/5th place/7th place game. Sure, it's nice to win...but they're exhibition matches, at the end of day nobody really cares who won or lost. To borrow a heavily used misquote...the Sabres are 0-0 against teams that matter.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Tourneys like this are not as much about winning as it is about seeing the prospects and developing them. Otherwise there wouldn't be a 3rd place/5th place/7th place game. Sure, it's nice to win...but they're exhibition matches, at the end of day nobody really cares who won or lost. To borrow a heavily used misquote...the Sabres are 0-0 against teams that matter.

True. They get to evaluate where players are against similar competition and at the same time further bond players to one another.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad