Pre-Game Talk: 2013 Training Camp, with 100% More Bob Evans!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
If he's out 3months plus, he'd go on LTIR and wouldn't count against the cap but if he comes back, you'd have to move some money around.

Depends on how long, actually. If it's maybe 50 games and you've got a minimum wage guy replacing him, then the savings means you probably won't have to move anything more than that 3rd goalie.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
A heads up for tomorrows pre-season game vs Chicago.
It'll be on The CW (WPCW) - Pittsburgh's CBS affiliate again.

The last game that was on there was on GC etc. etc.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
BB has looked good on the PP but who do you bump?
It´s between him and Kunitz, others are probably not possible to bump. Beau showed he can do some traffic as well, as well as some calming presence with the puck in the PP zone.

But I understand that Kunitz has a spot there, it´s close battle in my preferences...

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
The other Kuhn was actually a more effective PP net-front presence the one game he played in, but of course, it was only one game, and a pre-season one at that.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Beau and Neal can rotate screening the goalie. Beau is skilled enough to time it perfectly and has shown the willingness to go to dirty areas. Neal has the size alone to spend time there as well and rotate into the slot.

Kunitz is no longer needed.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
D pairings at practice

Scuds/Letang
Despres/Nisky
Maatta/Pouliot/Bort

Still say Despres/Nisky/Bort should be our 5/6/7 guys. Bort is showing he's an upgrade over Engelland without losing much in the fighting/physicality department. And with Scuds and Orpik playing 20+ minutes each, I like the idea of having a more mobile 3rd pairing.

themethod7

Jan 25, 2013
NWPA
Wouldn't it be hilarious if they did sign him and he got back to Phoenix form, though?

Would require Phoenix's defensive personnel/system in front of him - it's not happening. I love the addition of Scuderi, I love Letang, and I think we have as good a stable of young defensemen as any team in the league (save St. Louis, perhaps), but he'd get shelled here. Pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad